Print 

Author Topic: Issues with the "teamwork rules"  (Read 2319 times)

Offline ßú®ñ0ú+

• Newbie Poster
Issues with the "teamwork rules"
« on: August 01, 2007, 07:42:10 PM »
Ok, so I was playing in your 4th server, I believe, and one of your members started telling me that I was supposed to pick up members when it's safe to. I didn't know that, he explained that to me, and I was cool with that. But during the same game, him and I got in the same hog, but I saw another hog that was empty. There were no blues around (I was on red), so I jumped out to go drive into it. Moments after, I got kicked by the same BFM that told me the pickup rule and how we're supposed to work toward the team or something like that. I've got no problem with that. I just prefer to go alone if I can't be in the same hog as anyone in my clan, 'cause we're all in the same Ventrilo server...thus I have easier contact with them.

So, I guess the bottom line is this: Is it so wrong to go alone when given the chance to, especially if it's the way you play better?

EDIT: I've seen the pinned post about this, and honestly I don't agree with it. If I'm a better driver, it's gonna be natural for me to go find a hog to drive rather than to gun. Makes sense, huh?

Offline Contact

• Posts Too Much
  • You will give my Hoggie back!
Re: Issues with the "teamwork rules"
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 01:45:43 AM »
Burnout

Remind me not to pick you on my team ever....

Nah just kidding.  The goal here is to win.  The only way you can win is if your team works together.  Working together means teaming up on hogs as you will have a better chance.

Whilst there is no official rule against 'going it alone' it is not in the spirit of the team game.  I strongly suggest that you rethink your approach and in future work with your team  ;)

Cheers
Contact

Offline ßú®ñ0ú+

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 07:21:59 AM »
Don't get me wrong, dude...I completely understand where you're coming from. I only bailed on the guy because I saw an empty hog, and I'm a far better driver than a gunner, so it would only make sense that I'd go after a driving spot instead of a gunning spot, regardless of whether or not it's considered working with the team. I'm just playing to my personal strengths so I can be more beneficial to the team.

Offline panoze

• Posts Too Much
  • 棕榈 grower
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 06:52:38 AM »
Lets say its 2 v 2 and your team consists of two solo hogs.  Their team consists of one loaded hog, driver and gunner.  Now statistically (or any other way) what are your chances of winning like this?    Next to none really.

Now if you are gunning but your are a better driver, you jump off the gun to drive solo.  Loaded enemy rocket comes along and kills your team mate with one rocket, kills you with the next one, and has a third rocket to shoot the top of the base for fun.  How will your driving skills benefit by jumping off the gun???    They won't and you and your teamate will be killed most likely, if nothing else the time it takes to switch may put you behind in the rotation. 

Now if you are going to load up with somebody you know, that is fine when it happens naturally but you should not specifically dump another team mate and hurt the team so you can team up with who you want.  That would be selfish and very counter productive to the team.

Offline ßú®ñ0ú+

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 10:17:32 AM »
Those are only hypothetical possibilities. In the case of me being kicked 'cause of it, though, there weren't any enemies nearby, so both me and the driver (who was one of your own BFMs, btw...if i didn't alrdy establish that) were safe. Therefore, it would have been fine for me to jump out and drive.

Basically what I'm saying is me gunning woulda done **** 'cause both me and my driver would have died since I suck at gunning. It wouldn't have made a difference if we stayed in the same hog or not. I just chose to drive 'cause it's my strength.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 01:42:08 PM by BFM_Daigoro »

Offline panoze

• Posts Too Much
  • 棕榈 grower
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 02:49:23 PM »
Well on all that you are correct that I may have confused the issue, as its not against the rules and you should have not been kicked for it.  But its like the ramp on sidewinder, or the short cut on Gulch, you are not good at it or an expert before you try doing it and only by practicing can you improve, but you are free to play this one however you like, sorry again if I confused anything in this thread.

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »
Just a little suggestion ,if you must drive wouldn't it of been possible to hog chat with your driver and ask if you could drive and he gun .At least then you would of been at your strength and also had a gunner to protect you.Just keep it in mind for next time.

**Appears to have been asked and answered.  Locking thread **
BFM_Wic
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 08:49:06 AM by BFM_Wic »

Print