Print 

Author Topic: My Father, Redline, Lucky To Still Be Here.  (Read 5067 times)

Offline AR~Gabe

• Junior Poster
  • Former BFM_Gabe
My Father, Redline, Lucky To Still Be Here.
« on: February 23, 2008, 07:26:12 AM »
First, my Mother and Father own a window cleaning company and yesterday, Friday, my Father left early in the morning to pick up one of our employees, then they went to one of the buildings that they were going to clean up, they were using a ladder to get the higher windows, Redline, made a mistake, and he has 25 years experience, he tried to disassemble the ladder while on it 10 feet in the air, he bounced, and the ladder peice under him collapsed, luckily the fall didnt kill him, but the top ladder peice came down, and into his leg, it ripped the muscle up, and went clean through his bone, if the ladder had hit him in the stomach or the head, it would have had the same results, but also would have led to his death, he told me on the way to the hospital (in the back of our minivan) that he is done using ladders Forever, HE is, not the company,Im just glad he is still here, The ride in the back of that van was the most horrible thing iver ever been through.

~Gabe~

I <3 YOU DAD GLAD YOU'RE STILL HERE!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 01:50:28 PM by BFM_Gabe »

Offline panoze

• Posts Too Much
  • 棕榈 grower
Re: My Father, Redline, Lucky To Still Be Here.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 07:38:28 AM »
Wow Gabe I'm sorry you had to go through that and I'm glad that it turned out ok.  That sounds really scary!

Offline Spidey

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:11:36 AM »
Tell Redline I Wish Him A Speedy Recovery And Glad He's Okay!

Applied for BFM - 12th March 2007
Recieved Vent Access - 2nd May 2007
Recieved Little Tags - 11th May 2007
Recieved Big Tags - 14th June 2007
Promoted to Corporal - 5th June 2008
Stepped down from Promotion - 24th December 2008

Offline BFM_Hlao

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 09:22:44 AM »
OMG! :o I hope that he has a speedy recovery and I'm glad that he was OK!

Offline AR~Hazy

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »
Gabe and Redline,

Glad to hear that you are both ok....my best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

Offline Chef

• Junior Poster
  • Pull this plug let me free!
    • CLICK
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:46:14 AM »
wow that is crazey hope he get back soon

Offline ºReFº

• Senior Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 12:03:22 PM »
Glad to hear he will be alright. Sounds awful.

my prayers are with ya!

Offline BlazinAngel

• Regular Poster
  • THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 01:56:29 PM »
Wow Gabe that is awful.
I really hope he can recover as soon as possible, and let him know that we are all thinking of him.
I hate when stuff like this happens to such nice people.
"I'll say sorry, but I'm not taking off my glasses."  -EPIC ! :beachglasses:

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
You are blessed... parents can be so important.

Very glad for you that your dad is ok,  :)  and I hope he gets better quickly.

Wic
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 05:27:39 PM by Wic »

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 02:14:04 PM »
Wow, thats scary! I knew someone who had something like that happen, but it involved a chain saw too...

I know how scary that can be, Gabe. Just stay strong. I'll be praying for both of you...

Get better, Redline!!!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »
I wish him a quick recovery...Sorry to hear this happened, Gabe.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline A41~itsky

• Junior Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 05:56:10 PM »
Ouch!  Hoping for a fast recovery!

Offline BFM_Mukkie

• BFM Admin
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »
WOW :o

Im glad he is ok and i hope for a speedy recovery

Thanks Miggy Poo :)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »
I am so Glad your Dad is ok.I will pray for his quick recovery my friend.

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
  • The Goggles! :o
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 06:52:33 PM »
Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope he is ok. I wish the best for him and you. I also had an exerience like that. This past summer, My dad had a weird virus. The doctors could NOT identify it and so just winged it and said he had cancer. It was extremly scary for me to have my dad diagnosed with "Cancer" but the doctors screwed up...  ::)

I wish the best for you guys and I hope he Recovers soon.

~Diehard6309~
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"

- Hands held high

Print