Print 

Author Topic: Something Odd  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
Something Odd
« on: February 26, 2008, 06:18:06 PM »
When I try to startup Windows XP Pro 64-Bit Windows itelf hangs and I cant do anything at all.

This was preceded by, when I was playing WoW, the whole game went black and my computer said, everytime I tried to open something(out of scriptor memory)

Any idea why my computer isnt working???? atm I am on my dads computer, which is really annoyingly slow..
A part of the winning teams for season 9, 10, 13, 17, 18 and now 19. Thanks for all of the great memories guys :D

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Something Odd
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:40:52 PM »

Well, first off... do you have a 64-bit-compliant machine?!?!

...And unfortunately, we'd certainly need the error message text for that to be of any help here...  ::)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »
my machine is 64 bit compliant machine, and my computer didnt spit out an error message. it just crashed and nothing after that... everything went back to normal untill last night when my mic stopped working suddenly, and now today, my computer wont load explorer.exe fully. everthing else loads which is odd to me

so yes it is and it didnt give me an error message or code
A part of the winning teams for season 9, 10, 13, 17, 18 and now 19. Thanks for all of the great memories guys :D

Offline JôkÖr

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 07:05:17 PM »
idk im a newb but i do have windows 64-bit  :yesyes:    cant you pop the install cd back in and "repair" the os? just my guess. ive never had problems with 64-bit except for finding drivers  ::)

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 07:30:38 PM »
I tryed putting the cd back in when my computer booted thru the bios, but when i clicked the repair option, it gave me a command line and nothing else. If i knew what to do after that tht might work

Offline Floyd

• Senior Poster
  • I Pitty the Foo who can't dance
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 09:15:05 PM »
I have fixed a couple of windows crash problems by restoring the system to an earlier date  before it started to crash.
There's someone in my head but it's not me  ~Floyd

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:32:46 PM »
yea but I cant get there before windows stops... sry if I shoot everyones suggestions down in a great ball of fire but im kinda fustrated atm cause some of my HW is on those drives
a

Offline §§}Compdude

• Posts Too Much
  • Runs With Scissors!
    • Xtremission
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »
Can you move the drives from the dead computer to the one you're on to back up the data? If not I'd say you should find a live CD to boot from and back up your data onto a USB drive or something like that (I recommend Knoppix)
License and registration, sir!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 09:53:22 PM »
When I try to startup Windows XP Pro 64-Bit Windows itelf hangs and I cant do anything at all.

This was preceded by, when I was playing WoW, the whole game went black and my computer said, everytime I tried to open something(out of scriptor memory)

Any idea why my computer isnt working???? atm I am on my dads computer, which is really annoyingly slow..

This (red part above) looks like an attempt to give us some error information, but I guess not??

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline §§}Compdude

• Posts Too Much
  • Runs With Scissors!
    • Xtremission
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 07:17:43 AM »
From what I found while reading around, the "scriptor" memory is for the function that loads program scripts to memory in Windows. It's supposed to automatically allocate the memory it needs to run, so it sounds like something is corrupted and it's basically choking itself to death.
License and registration, sir!

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 07:52:47 AM »
yea mxy that was the only sort of error message I EVER got out of windows... its kind of odd I know but its what happened

Print