Print 

Author Topic: question on vulger lang...  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Anubus

• Newbie Poster
question on vulger lang...
« on: March 03, 2008, 09:59:07 AM »
I was in a server with a recruit ... they said poo when they got killed.  So I thought I would be funny and said do you need tp 4 your (Words in question) Also and originally known as a hole in a barrel  for wine or other spirits. 

But the recruit warned me for it.  I asked they gave a blanket answer explaining they weren't sure if it was allowed but they wanted to cover all the bases better safe than sorry type thing.

I understood the methodology said I would inquire here and let it drop.

So here I am what would you say is  the Bevis/great cornholio line,  out of line?
Thank you.

Crap I think I put this in the wrong place.... I meant to put it in the questions for offices not in rulings room.

* Thanks for bringing it to the forums! I'll move it to the appropriate place for you... -Jane
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 10:05:02 AM by BFM_JANE »
I really don't have any kind of sig so this will have to do.

HI.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: question on vulger lang...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:34:12 AM »
The short answer is we would definetly request that you not use that term in the servers.  many of us well know the legitimate origins of the word in both wineries and the automobile industry, however as you so correctly pointed out (and it is sad to say) a more modern and more understood meaning of the word is something entirely different...especially to the young video gaming crowd.  While I was a big fan of the MTV show that spawned that phrase...let's just try to keep the atmosphere in our servers just a little more family friendly than that.  It would be much appreciated.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Anubus

• Newbie Poster
Re: question on vulger lang...
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 06:49:57 PM »
Thanks ....

I will refrain from using it again.

Though  I would like to say I was only trying to be funny not mean or anything when I said it.

Thanks again.
I really don't have any kind of sig so this will have to do.

HI.

Print