Print 

Author Topic: Question Regarding Timberland  (Read 1209 times)

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
Question Regarding Timberland
« on: March 04, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »
Hey all,
    I probably should know this, but I dont lol  :P. To me TImberland gets the wierdest spawns. Sometimes one base doesnt have any hogs/ or only one and it hasnt respawned. So then I must resort to walking. So lets say I spawn at red base(I think thats the shady base) and I need the 1st/score nav. I get it, then I need 2nd nav. Many people walk up and get the rocket by the rock (and tree). I just did today. It is also the same scenario with spawning at blue  and needing the 4th nav/then going to the 5th nav.
    If their are no hogs at blue, and I need score nav(no hogs at base)  I walk across the map, the rocket launcher is right their in my path, and it seems like a legitiment pick up. BUT, If I walk from red to score, or blue to 4th(then 5th) It kinda seems out of the way to get the Rocket Launcher. Its a good 5 second delay I would say and it isnt "directly" to my next nav (my master chief cant jump that steep 2nd cliff hill,(he's fat)) So is it legal, If im foot, to pick up the Rocket when Im walking from 1stnav to 2nd nav? And then from Bluebase-4thnav-5thnav? I did it today, and It looked (and sort-of felt) "iffy" on my part. I even got a "JF!"out of it lol.
Thanks for the answer in advance :)
-jf spartan

*edit* Thank you Booyah for the speedy response :) (my next question is: what is "camperish"?  LOL :P) Thanks again, that clears alot up.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 08:35:09 PM by jf spartan »

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Question Regarding Timberland
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:11:54 PM »
To be perfectly honest there is going to be some judgment call on this one, from admin to admin, player to player.  If I watched a guest go for the rocket launcher after walking from red to score, as long as it was obvious they were still "racing on foot" I would not call foul on that.  Nor would I call foul if they walked to the corner tree to get that RL, again as long as it was obvious they are only diverting as long as is needed to get the RL and got right back on course.  You are right...those positions do strain the limits of what is acceptable and what is not and so many guests will be tempted into camperish behavior...(did I just say camperish?).  Very strictly speaking though, for a good and honest racer, those RL's are not off limits.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print