Print 

Author Topic: NEW NAME  (Read 4478 times)

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
Re: NEW NAME
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 11:05:10 AM »
To me, just adding the bfm tag in front of your name would start you off on a new slate anyway. Besides, as CptnPlanet said, "bfm_marine is awesome" as a name and to what it represents.
[img

Offline UCANTSEEME

• Senior Poster
  • Mnid pwoer is the olny way to sccuses.
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 11:22:48 AM »
I disagree.... bfm_Marine or “Marine anything” would not be good. Actually I kind of find the name U.S. Marine offensive. What needs to be remembered is that Halo is a multicultural and international game. Personally I think it is degrading to the Marine Core. The name is to be respected, not placed on a video game that flashes "soandso was killed by U.S. Marine" or U.S. Marine was killed by soandso". Welcome to reality… Marines are being killed almost everyday now. In this situation there is a fine line between respect and ridicule.

I'm not questioning anyone’s patriotism nor will i go into a rant about how many people in my family who have served. I am just stating an opinion.

:usa:

However, I do believe "U.S. Marine" did not use this name with bad intention. I think "U.S. Marine" respects our service men/women and wanted to show homage to them. But we need to understand that to others it may be offensive.

I like DaJanitor...... Keeping it clean!!

SEEU on the track! :clint:

Sig by Hlao

Big thanks to Geekums and Slayton for the sig!

Offline Legacy_GT

• Junior Poster
  • I drive to the end and gun till they're dead.
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 02:10:11 PM »
I disagree.... bfm_Marine or “Marine anything” would not be good. Actually I kind of find the name U.S. Marine offensive. What needs to be remembered is that Halo is a multicultural and international game. Personally I think it is degrading to the Marine Core. The name is to be respected, not placed on a video game that flashes "soandso was killed by U.S. Marine" or U.S. Marine was killed by soandso". Welcome to reality… Marines are being killed almost everyday now. In this situation there is a fine line between respect and ridicule.

I'm not questioning anyone’s patriotism nor will i go into a rant about how many people in my family who have served. I am just stating an opinion.

:usa:

However, I do believe "U.S. Marine" did not use this name with bad intention. I think "U.S. Marine" respects our service men/women and wanted to show homage to them. But we need to understand that to others it may be offensive.

I like DaJanitor...... Keeping it clean!!

SEEU on the track! :clint:
hey ucantseme i understand what ur saying but when i am old enough i am going to enlit probably for the marines hints the name and actualy marine could also mean llike the marines in halo plus i kinda like dajanitor bcuz when i am called into a out of control server when i come in i could say "did any1 call the janitor," or "its time to take out the trash" they r good catch phrases" but then again i could go with bfm_marine i mean if my name is us marine they ma just think bfm_marine is some1 different so i think in the end i might go with marine idk ill w8 for the polls to come in to a high number
at the moment i am going to add marine to the polls and dont forget if u already voted u can change it at anytime

Offline Legacy_GT

• Junior Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 03:44:28 PM »
well so far i i am thinking bout it so if i become bfm here is a idea of a sig
how do u like this sig i made u can rate it from 1-10 in a pm to me titled bfm sig
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:46:24 PM by U.S Marine »

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 03:50:37 PM »
I can't change my vote,
but you can reset the vote table,
but it is up to you.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 06:13:58 PM »
Marine, definitely.
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline Legacy_GT

• Junior Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 06:45:12 PM »
well srry to say guys it will be a while till i even get my tags bcuz unfortunately i was revoked again  :sigh: :'( :'( :'( :sigh: so untill next time hopefully i will soon become a BFM  :angel: i will battle :AOL: :AOL: :AOL: my way bak to bfm and the tags well to all those who are potential recruits i wish u all the best of luck and i hope that this is ur final time  :sigh: and for me i will b bak and kikin'(not to much dont wanna hurt any1 :roflol:)
and hopefully bcome a bfm 
:sigh: :'( :sigh: :'( :sigh: :sigh: :'( :sigh: :'( :sigh: :'( :sigh: :'( :sigh: :'( :sigh: :'(

Offline CptnPlanet

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 07:17:21 PM »
 :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

sad you dint get bfm

well anyways here's the sig

Offline CptnPlanet

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »
hey if you dont like it or want to to give idea to somebody else it ownt hurt my feeling also dont give me credit i dint do it for that i didit b/c you're awesome

Offline Legacy_GT

• Junior Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 03:21:44 PM »
cptn hey um i kinda need the uh code to uh use the sig lol no offense

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 04:01:53 PM »
stay marine stay marine stay marine stay marine stay marstay marine ine stay marine stay marine

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 07:27:29 PM »
I think snowkiller wants you to stay.... ::)

Offline CptnPlanet

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 04:57:09 PM »
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/lavenderpunk/marineloop.gif[/img]

put img before code in [         ]

Print