Print 

Author Topic: Knight's Thing o' Beauty  (Read 5042 times)

Offline Knight

• Senior Poster
Re: Knight's Thing o' Beauty
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 03:54:04 PM »
I was thinking about teh X1950.  The clock speed was higher, but the video memory was less....trade-offs...

Both great cards regardless.

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 11:40:30 AM »
Well at the time the 8800 was a lot more expensive. I also have no plans on buying windows vista any time soon so I would not get to use it to its full potential anyway. I assume it is cheaper now and if you plan on getting or have vista it is definitely the way to go. I am sure the Mobo is a good one as I have read a lot of good things on ASUS which is why I bought it too. I really am an N00b PC builder until this one - used to replace/upgrade  everything but never changed cases or fans or, like you said, wiring, until my POS Dell died on me and the only way to salvage it was to put a fully new non-dell supported MoBo in (was less than 2yo and they already stopped making the one in it, the tards, so no way for them to "safely" fix it.) Once I realized how easy that was I built a new one for fun, and the other one was 2yrs old lol.

I went to My Super PC and if you have not taken it to a professional yet I would suggest giving it a try. A lot to read really, but he completely explains the step by step process of building one with pics and all. I even made some mods to mine with the wiring. Everything down to my fans are quality in that thing, though yours is a bit faster. Of course mine is getting a bit old at 6months lol. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:42:03 AM by BunnyFufu »

Offline Knight

• Senior Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 09:58:14 PM »
My computer was crashing A LOT lately and of course I was in the 'I HATE VISTA' attitude because all it does is crash and ruin stuff.

Well, with the help of BFM's Rebel, we decided to put a house fan blowing into the case and WALA! no problamo for now (Knock on WOOD!!)  :yesyes:

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 10:02:54 AM »
lol I will have to take some pics of mine once I get it up and going again. You should see the size of the heat sink and fans I got in this thing, you'd think it was a house fan lol.

Offline Kozmo

• Junior Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »
Just WOW

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 01:35:34 PM »
;_;.

That is a very nice pooter you got there, Knight. ENJOY IT!

Offline Knight

• Senior Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 03:00:22 PM »
I haven't enjoyed it much so far. It's been outta commission almost since the day I built it.

I'm taking it the pros at Tiger Direct and just gonna try to get it in WORKING ORDER!!!

I ran 'MemTest' on it, got 2,500,000+ errors and then I noticed my RAM was DDR 900 and my motherboard was DDR 800.

I feel so stupid now and I wasted so much time... This seems appropriate...

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I took Vista off as well. I have a copy of XP SP2 on it now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:40:19 PM by BFM_Knight »

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 04:26:47 PM »
well thar's yar problem lol

Actually I would have thought it would have worked, just ran the RAM at the slower 800 speed.

Offline Knight

• Senior Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 03:28:45 PM »
New RAM didn't work...

It's at Tiger Direct now.

Offline Fuzion

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 05:08:46 PM »
Nice machine! :D

Signature by AR~H@ngm@n