Print 

Author Topic: The best kill you have ever seen/done  (Read 10951 times)

Offline Acorn

• Newbie Poster
  • Owned...Again...
Re: The best kill you have ever seen/done
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 12:57:03 PM »
Well i was in competetive gaming when the game came out. And was addressed one of the best players of halo pc. (through a tournament system Klanwars, any of you play?) My team was a little scketchy, top 25 though. But i managed to keep ontop on the individual player charts.

Well 3sk are so common its not even funny. 2 v 2 scrim BG, i came out of tele and was walking up red tele hill. I turn around ontop of hill and see blue at rocket. I shot 3 ducked, Shot 3 ducked repetively (as did he) I was 1 bar left, no shield. So i hid, threw my last frag and watched it soar.

While it was inair however, my teamate got in a hog and was ready to come runover blue from behind.

My nade finally landed on the rocket exactly, but blue was behind the hill. My teamate missed him, ran over rocket, and exploded into the air. I was walking down the hill at that time to crash onto blue who was still behind the hill, watching the warthog (i made now as my distraction, since i accedently blew it up) The impacer of the nade however was bigger than i thought. The blue shot me once, the warthog landed on me, then shot my teamate once, losing all his health from the nade.

I havent competed in a year, and this is mainly the only one i remember. thought it was crazy.

Offline Ben-BSH

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 01:20:45 PM »
Infinity.

driving along from second nav to bridge jump, camper up on top of the first bridge (lower level) shot us with rocket launcher, killed my gunner. knocked me out of hog, i took aim to get his tags, only to see the flying hog propelled by his own shot, hit him and kill him [cough] KARMA [/cough]

:LOL:

to say the least, it was VERY funny.

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 01:52:48 PM »
Oh I have Three!!! Ranked from 3  to 1 (3 being last and 1 being best).

3) Just the other day I was scrimming with stealth, I was gunning on gephy and all of a sudden a rocket kills me from across the map by of course stealth. I thought it was from the gunner seat, and it was a very good shot so i typed out "ns". Then he says " thanks, passener seat kill". LOL that was unbelieveable.

2) Alright so Last night On Dangercanyon I cut back and meleed Mr.Do. (That felt good lol). Then I hopped into the passenger seat of some hog, and soon as he spawms I stickied his head. BOOM!(That felt better lol)  :)

1) Along time ago I was scrimming (Over a year ago) On infinity.. I was at the 3rd nav when I shot back at the intersection. Double Kill! I love getting kills there let alone double kills. BUT after the scrim I learned that I got the double kill from 2 individual hogs intersecting and the rocket killing both of them  :P It was pretty cool. (Mr.Do was also one of the people who died) I guess I like killing Mr.Do.  :P    (I <3 you Mr.Do)

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 03:52:04 PM »

I've had my fair share of "lucky shots," but my best/fav' was one of my first times scrimming with BFMs:

I was gunning a RH ('don't recall my driver at the time, sry!) and as we were going up blue-base ramp we got rocketed from "behind."

'Killed my driver and shot the hog into the pillar behind the base so hard that I went SPINNIN' and FLYIN' way up ... STILL AT THE GUN ... and kept my focus and got off 2 rockets that killed SHAWTY* (who was the Rhog gunner that had shot us) just before they got the blue-base nav!

Shawty immediately typed out: "How on EARTH did you JUST DO THAT?!?!"

* It made me feel great, because Shawty is(was) one of the BEST GUNNERS I've ever met, and I was essentially still a rookie. (Ask Elvis about her gunning some time.... A-Maze-Ing!)

FYI: She was pretty-much one of the "original" BFMs....

I don't remember who, but someone in BFM once got a 3sk from the passenger's seat on Ice Fields. It was amazing.

Um, I think that mighta been me?...  ::)

;D

Who knows, I live through life backwards, so it hasn't happened yet for me... *wonders if anyone got the reference*

Anyways, I wonder what she said over vent when you killed her :-P I love those shots.

Oh, and Acorn, I once did kw and we came in top 5. Long long time ago, though, that I don't really remember any of it.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
  • The Goggles! :o
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 08:18:49 PM »
Lol! I got the best one ever...

So, me and my friend are in a race on blood gulch  ........ we are on opposite teams.. im going for red base nav.. *BOOM* we collide at FULL SPEED i fly up over red base... *SMASH* land INSIDE the base and get a KILTACULAR... aparently there were 4 nubs who didnt know how to race
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"

- Hands held high

Offline Acorn

• Newbie Poster
  • Owned...Again...
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 08:58:23 PM »
Lol! I got the best one ever...

So, me and my friend are in a race on blood gulch  ........ we are on opposite teams.. im going for red base nav.. *BOOM* we collide at FULL SPEED i fly up over red base... *SMASH* land INSIDE the base and get a KILTACULAR... aparently there were 4 nubs who didnt know how to race

They were all staring at the space where the flag was supposed to be saying "wait...this isnt CTF..."

Offline Jimmy

• Posts Too Much
  • I've never cooked prawns on the Barbie
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »
ok this wasnt skill but was still the best kill ive had in a long time.

Scrim on Gephy we were at 3rd nav next thing on vent i hear this wow look at those 2 fly next thing this hog crashs infront of us and edison shot the first and i splatered the other. Funny part is they had flown all the way from first nav. It was the funnies thing.

Quote for Dstroyr "Its raining smurfs"

(i was red)
History of Jimmy
Applied 16th Feb 2007
Recruited 28th April 2007
Big Tags 8th Jun 2007
Corporal March 25th 2008
Head Corporal July 8th 2008
Sargeant Aug 17th 2008
Lieutenant Nov 11th 2008

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 10:31:40 PM »
I didn't hit them, your lag ram launched them that much :-P
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline Jimmy

• Posts Too Much
  • I've never cooked prawns on the Barbie
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 10:50:58 PM »
i think it was exodus that rammed them and then ran them over where they landed
History of Jimmy
Applied 16th Feb 2007
Recruited 28th April 2007
Big Tags 8th Jun 2007
Corporal March 25th 2008
Head Corporal July 8th 2008
Sargeant Aug 17th 2008
Lieutenant Nov 11th 2008

Offline KØËHL£®

• Senior Poster
  • »Püre Intimidatiön²
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 01:57:03 AM »
Oh wow...this is an awesome thread  ;D

My best kill was really quite humorous...it was on Gephyrophobia. An enemy had rocketed my hog but somehow not killed me and sent himself over the edge RIGHT next to me. I saw he was right in my face so I meleed him once cuz I do that randomly, and....killed him in our fall. It was quite humorous and it was a guest I play with quite frequently (he may or may not remember this, The Dog is his name).

My second best kill was on Ice Fields. When crossing the bridges in a rocket hog (I'm gunning, another guest I don't know too well driving) I decide to randomly shoot from my hog off the bridge towards the turn going to one of the bases. Well...the only way that shot could've killed someone would be if they hit the wall RIGHT where my rocket hit, and that's exactly what had to have happened because 3 seconds later, *BLEEP* You killed so-and-so. Good stuff! The guy then turned around and said "hey I thought we couldn't shoot from ledges and stuff?" I replied, "xD I was in a hog and it was a lucky random shot." It sure was  :)

I just remembered another one, I'll classify it as third best. Ice Fields again, I'm in a lone hog. I come up to score and try my luck @ the bridge jump and nail it. When I land I hear the *BLEEP* again...I landed on an enemy with a rocket launcher  ;D Puts a whole new meaning to "death from above."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:02:31 AM by BFM_KØËHL£® »
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body;
But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting:
HOLY SMOKES! WHAT A RIDE!

KØËHL£® - Over and Out, 7-3's 8-8's

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 02:43:23 AM »
Great game...

I was gunning a chain hog (Octane drivin'), and Gephy, there'd always be an enemy rocket hog following and I had no chance of killing considering how far away they were, so i was just shooting, barely doing anything, and then one of my teammates (in a lone chain) rams them off the edge and i get credit. That happened 3 times in 1 game.  ::)

Also...

I remember Spain Force once, on DC, at the start was in the chaos, got team rammed, flipped out of his hog and landed on the bridges above  :o

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline Nutrino

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 07:11:42 AM »
Hmm. My best kill… wasn't. Mine, that is; not directly. Indulge me as I spin the yarn…

This was on Death Island. I was in a lone hog and behind me was either Mixy or (BFM_)Jar gunning a rocket hog. Whichever one of them it was, it was that person's birthday, a fact we'd briefly discussed (congrats and so on) on Vent (and whoever it was, it was someone with mad leet gunning skills; I was literally sweating trying to stay alive!).

So anyway, they were chasing along behind me, heading past the base and towards the tunnel and then the jump. The rockets were exploding all around me and I was dodging and weaving for all I was worth. I use Push-To-Talk on Vent so nobody heard my desperate grunts, but I could hear their excited laughter and comments along the lines of “Oh, I'm gonna get you!” and “You can't run forever!” (or things to that effect).

They'd just fired the third rocket in the clip, which I'd narrowly avoided with a clever little twist manouvre just at the start of the ramp before the jump, and at this point they were just a few hog lengths behind me (dodging slows you down considerably, allowing them to catch up). It was obvious that they would be close enough that I'd be impossible to miss once we hit the jump.

Now what I could see, since I was looking ahead and planning my route, but which the gunner behind me couldn't, because he was focussing on aiming at me, was the rocket hog on my team that had apparently flipped going over the ramp and was now accelerating towards the jump again.

So with the thrill of the chase echoing over Vent, I go over the jump and just let up the “w” (forward) key so I drop straight down over the edge; and the rocket hog behind me comes over the ramp at full throttle — still reloading and still focussed on finding me — jumping over and past me…

…and straight into the rocket from my team rocket hog in front!

The Vent channel went utterly quiet with surprise; into which I press my PTT key and in a casual deadpan tone say “Happy Birthday.” The spluttering indignation was Legendary!  :siderofl:

The best kills I've actually gotten myself have all been random lucky shots. A couple of triple+ kills with nades from the passenger seat (iirc I once took out two hogs with a total of five enemies, with two well placed frag nades from the passenger seat; or coming out of the tunnel on Sidewinder heading to Red Base, and nading an enemy hog while we were both in the air), a few kills from the air after an enemy rocket has killed my driver and blasted my hog way up into the air on Blood Gulch (lap nav), or across-the-map kills on Blood Gulch and Sidewinder. But as I say, those have been so random and lucky I don't really count them; unlike the Death Island story above which I like to think was an uncommonly nice display of tactical racing, defensive driving, and taking advantage of team play (and, yes, I did have to say it myself  :winkgrin:).

Offline Acorn

• Newbie Poster
  • Owned...Again...
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »
Oh wow...this is an awesome thread  ;D

Lol i didnt think this would be such a hit when i made it. I just admire the fact that everybody has their own story to tell.

Offline Honey

• Senior Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 09:47:52 AM »
Mine beats all of yours! This was about a month or 2 ago on Danger Canyon, I was gunning a hog coming into score and saw an enemy coming from tunnels to jump down and get center nav. I killed him in mid air, it was Elvis! :elvis:

The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group,
and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.  - Rensis Likert -

Offline T@rg3t

• Posts Too Much
  • Ex BFM_T@rg3t
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 10:20:16 AM »
Wic was my driver and on Sidewinder we wereleaving red base maybe 30 feet out from it. I see a guy all the way near score nav walking towards a hog. I aim and shoot at about right at the hog figuring it would time out where when he'd get in the rocket would explode. Instead the hog respawns. Thinking I just wasted a rocket I get ready to shoot the walker. I'm watching the rocket and the walker. I notice that the walker is still walking right towards it and then BAM! Nail the guy right in the face. You shoulda saw the look on my face.

Then one time in a scrim. On infinity. The other team had turned a rocket hog. And it timed out where we would have met at about the jump. They went bottom as we were going over the jump and they fired one up at us. We hit it just as we went over the jump and we did a backflip in which I fired off a rocket upside down and shot the turning hog.

Danger Canyon - I was a passenger - stuck a walker with a rocket launcher on his face.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Print