Print 

Author Topic: Pizza delivery man tips  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
Re: Pizza delivery man tips
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »
I don't do delivery.
So that would solve my answer, "Zilch."

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 04:43:16 PM »
And here I was hoping that I'd get tips on how to be a Pizza Man.

ROFL, me too!

I never order pizza, but if I were I'd probably tip some $3ish.

Offline Boot

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 06:53:14 PM »
If you've got enough money to order pizza and have it delivered, then you've got enough money to give a good tip. I tip $5, and with gas prices around here going through the roof, I think I'll be tipping more in the future.

Boot.

Offline Daigoro

• Posts Too Much
  • shishogan...swordsman's eyes
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 07:18:18 PM »
15%, sometimes more or less depending on service.
Sincerely,
Daigoro

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 05:24:52 AM »
A swift slap usually does the trick.

:)

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 05:31:49 AM »
I would round it up to the nearest 5, so if it was 13.99 I'd give 'em 15.
BUT!
I just make my mum pay for it :D
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline Gunner

• Junior Poster
  • When The Rich Wage War It's The Poor Who Die.
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 08:20:36 AM »
I once was a delivery boy,
Warlord is right --> we DO remember where we get a good tip or not.
Mark my words when I was going at the edge of my city and the guy wouldn't give me more than a dollar...his next pizza would be... sad.   (or delivered by the new guy)
As for no tips in australia, that makes no sence to me!!!

Now I'm making pizzas for a Pizza Hut, no more delivery!!

... delivering was way more fun.

Nemm¥

I also agree with warlord.

I am CURRENTLY a pizza delivery guy.
We DO remember the tippers, and i try to get to everyone the fastest anyway. I found that most of the people who can't tip are people who look like they CAN afford to tip (nine out of ten cases involves the person having either a very flashy house or a very flashy sportscar, or both OR 2-5 cars outside xD excluding parties :P) the other few who don't tip are usually the people who can't afford to. I am fine about not getting tipped. i drive for fun. i work for fun ;) its all good for me :D the tips are just a nice perk. Although i really despise customers who are rude and abrasive to the drivers for their orders being wrong/missing an item/late. it is NOT the drivers fault on the order being wrong or mis-calculated. it is however the drivers problem if its late. people never understand that drivers have multiple orders to deliver, and when the business is busy a backlog appears on orders which are ready to go in (be cooked in other words :D) but the shortage of drivers causes the delay.

Tip your delivery drivers, or be VERY courteous with them. Where we are, delivery drivers are VERY hard to get hold of (except we don't hire people on hairdryer mopheads or motorcycles xD cools the pizza too quickly, and as the boss said, we are not a domino's pizza place ;))

Oh in case anyones wondering its a local 1 shop business :D
"Sir We Are Surrounded!"
"Excellent! Now We Can Attack in any direction!"

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 11:55:40 AM »
Worked at a pizza joint, the two drivers there are very loveable.  Or actually, were.  The store got bought out, now one of them is a manager at the new store and the other one still drives for that store.  When they delivered, they got at least minimum wage (I think because of seniority, they got around $8-10) plus expenses and tips.  They made good money, but because it was a small business at the time, it wasn't much.  They especially liked big orders, cause then it's either tip big or don't tip, and they have good memories (sometimes one of the drivers cooks for us, so he makes jokes about putting something in their pizzas next time...).
I feel bad, because sometimes I made their job harder.  Sometimes people call in a say they want their pizza at a specific time; others call in and want it immediately.  The people who pre-ordered have priority, and sometimes I forgot that and the drivers had to be in two places at once.  They shooked it off, everyone makes mistakes.
Great bunch of guys.  Multiple personalities, so there's never no fun.  Even the cooks were fun (even if I couldn't understand their spanish...).

lol, now I'm on a story about our cook... My friend and I are working at the counter.  The cook comes in and starts talking to us.  Says you can staple just by pounding the stapler on the wall.  So he grabs the stapler, unfolds it, and slaps it on my friend's leg.  :o The staple is embedded in his jeans.
His blue jeans must've been thick, cause there was no blood at all.  Lucky shot, I guess.  I was laughing hysterically after that.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »
Hahaha, staple fights are good times.  Run around and staple peoples bare legs.

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 02:56:52 PM »
REMEMBER:
Even if a service of any kind is bad, still leave a tip...just not one they'd expect...
I like to leave a little note that says something like:

"TIP: Be more courteous"

:D

Yeah...then you'll find a human leg in your next pizza delivered to you.

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »
Just enough to buy himself a gumball ;D
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
Good stories, Gunner and Goalie Though I think yours, Goalie, went a bit off topic. Staple fights? :P

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 10:54:17 PM »
Good stories, Gunner and Goalie Though I think yours, Goalie, went a bit off topic. Staple fights? :P

The thing with me is:  If I don't say it right away, I'll forget about it and will never rember it again.
Plus, we're talking about pizza delivery, right?  I mean, it's a team effort:  I take the orders, the cooks cook the pizzas, the delivery men deliver the pizzas.  So in all essence, 1/3 of the tip should go to me!  And because its a team effort, I can tell stories about our team!

But when I put it that way (team effort), any business is always a team effort, but only the last people in line are the ones that get the good stuff.  I mean, c'mon, without me they would never have had their pizza cooked!  And all I get is a couple of pennies????
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline RUSTY0

• Junior Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 10:36:46 AM »

I tell them to use a mapsco , drive like we do in halo and grin like they know something the customer dosent know when the door opens.

Print