Print 

Author Topic: Infinity strategies  (Read 6082 times)

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
Re: Infinity strategies
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 06:36:27 AM »
So C.R.U.D. Do you Lag?  ;D

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline ßlitz

• Junior Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 06:38:58 AM »

Thanks to Neo for this awesome sig!

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 07:02:08 AM »
(sigh) your all just jealous.  ::) I usaully Have a 100 below ping in your servers, and I dont use speed hack...soooooo, that just means I nave MAD driving skills!  :dance:  :woot:

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
  • You've gotta think fast to be fast!
    • A Sonic Fan's paradise! ^^
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 08:13:18 AM »
(sigh) your all just jealous.  ::) I usaully Have a 100 below ping in your servers, and I dont use speed hack...soooooo, that just means I nave MAD driving skills!  :dance:  :woot:

...or you just have a little bit of lag that you don't notice but pushes you to get impossible lap times regularly... :XD:
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Special thanks to Mr T for the sonic sig!! :D
You found my secret message!  PM me for a prize!

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 08:35:27 AM »
GRRRRRRRR.... well, then, you non-believers... I will just have to kick your sorry butts in-game, till you "Beg For Mercy"  ;D

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
  • The Goggles! :o
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 06:51:45 PM »
96.85 lap

Reason: Killed on 2nd to last nav and walked to score nav
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"

- Hands held high

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 12:04:06 AM »
Fastest lap (non-BFM server) 99.05

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 05:44:46 PM »
Sidewinder and Danger Canyon are the hard ones.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »
I sat down and decided I would try to perfect my Infinity strategies last night and made my own server on LAN with just me and since I was host I had for all intents and purposes ZERO lag.  I set the lap limit to 25 and only made it to 11 before I got bored >.< lol  But anyways, I made 3 99 lap times total!!!  Here are some screenies for proof:

This was my second lap and I was very excited as It was literally .04 seconds away from being a NINETY EIGHT LAP TIME!!! (98)  Unfortunately, I never did better than this, but I got close.

As you can see, the last two were in direct succession, which means I got a 99.97 lap time for lap 9, then I got a 99.93 lap time for lap 10 ;D  I was THIS close to getting a third 99 lap time in a row, except I messed up at "Fat Man's Squeeze" and got a 100.03 lap time for lap 11 >.<  That was about when I gave up and got "bored" lol.  I'll keep you posted on whether I make it to a 98 or below lap time which WILL happen eventually WITHOUT lag or cheating.

Sonic
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 08:45:06 AM »
sweet decals! and NJ!

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 06:03:59 AM »
I'm confused. I thought you were always supposed to procede to your next nav point. If you stop, slow down or back up you'd be assuming that someone was going to fire at you. I admit this is probably true, but it's also true that your gunner is probably going to start firing, too...

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 07:25:48 AM »
I'm confused. I thought you were always supposed to procede to your next nav point. If you stop, slow down or back up you'd be assuming that someone was going to fire at you. I admit this is probably true, but it's also true that your gunner is probably going to start firing, too...

I'm assuming you're talking about the mini stop at the beginning?  That isn't some long 5-10 second stop.  All you're doing is backng up slightly to 1. give people time to get in your gunner so that you aren't defenseless and 2. avoid rockets that will most likely be heading to your side as soon as the other team gets in hogs.  It's amazing how many times this little 1-2 second stop/backup has let me get out of the start unscathed.  Of course, if enemies spawn on your side, don't do this, as if your gunner kills them it can be called an illegal chase kill.  And to quote Dstroyr, if you're still confused, here's some advice: "When in doubt, don't".  Hope that answers your question :)

Sonic

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »
this is why being small is a good thing. I have an innate ability to squeeze 4 outta 5 times without as much as a scratch, and this is because I find the closest hog to me and GET OUT OF THERE  :siren: :siren: :siren: half the time I get lucky from rubber rockets from rocket hogs, but it's worked for me so I'm not complaining

Lap times need some work though. Fastest I've gotten on infinity is 100.63

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 04:10:19 PM »
one good strategy for any other map is to just get in a hog and go.  don't nade at the beginning, don't play slayer, don't wait for people that are nade spamming or playing slayer.  if they want to waste time doing that, let them.  in short just get up and get going very fastly and you most of the time will benefit. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Print