Print 

Author Topic: Ice fields bridge jump  (Read 4247 times)

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
Re: Ice fields bridge jump
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 06:51:54 PM »
Best way to learn for me all that time ago was to just watch how other racers do it as well as trying it myself. Best if your a gunner for one who knows how to do it. You can see the angle as well as hear the engine revs. Some people just whack there hog at an angle at full speed. Others (such as myself) let the gas of for a split second and re-position/turn the hog as you go over the edge. Its not noticeable much but it does help with grip and response in any situation not just this one, personally.

If you go off the left side, its the left rear wheel you want to leave hanging there as you go over the edge. If its the right side, its the right rear wheel. However, going off the left side, positions your hog towards red base once you hit the bottom and you have to do a 180 just before you go through the bottom center navpoint and onto blue base nav. So going off the right side of the bridge is more preferred by most.

However. If you 180 ON the lap nav and THEN, go off the LEFT side, when you land, you land on snow and not ice (as you do if you didnt 180 and went off the right side. Whether that is faster or not, i dont know as i never bother doing it myself. Some old racing veterans do it so... Just another idea. But could cause issues if your in mid battle with another hog at the time mind you.

Offline iTaL¡C

• Newbie Poster
  • Let's see how bold you really are.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 01:20:25 PM »
About 2 weeks ago I figured out the secret to landing...which is turning left when jumping (atleast one of the secrets). However, I only know how to land! I can land, just facing away from the nav. I have to make atleast a 80-110 degree turn to be facing the lower nav. Maybe if I explaixed my jump I can possibly get the way I land down right. When coming from the red side, I go to the left of the bridge, get the nav take a right about 110 degrees. Has anyone ever noticed when you hit a rock or like the side of the base your hog rises up? Well, I take advantage when the hog rises and I immediatly look left, causing the wheels on my hog to toss me over. I land pretty nicely (not upsidedown), but not in a position I prefer. Anyone see a problem in this?

Thanks to Plixity for this awesome sig!

Offline Bonessi

• Newbie Poster
  • That's me in real life...
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »
Thanks guys!

This is extremely informative!!

-Bonessi
Get Racing!

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 01:24:57 PM »
If you can get the right rear tire to be the only thing on the bridge, thats good, it will cuase you to flip, but fast enough you don't fall over.

If you're not to confidant about it, just go around and under, might take enimies out that way too  :haw:

Offline Vincitore

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »
To be honest, Im getting pretty good at it!:)

I survive more often than that I die! :woot: :woot:

Thanks all for the advice and showing me how to do it!

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 12:06:59 PM »
Ref, ur diaghram on page one really helped me out with the jump  ;D

:woot: my 100th post :woot:  Junior poster  :toot:

Print