Print 

Author Topic: LOOKING for a FREE mmorpg  (Read 5758 times)

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
Re: LOOKING for a FREE mmorpg
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 09:55:47 AM »
Dofus if you like turn-based stuff

Dungeon Runners if you like something similar to WoW, although I think you might have to pay for some things

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 10:09:22 AM »
Anarchy Online is a Sci-Fi based freee MMORPG.

Its a really complex game and it's audience is one of the most mature gaming communities I have ever seen.

From it being so complex and really difficult, most kids pass the game while people looking for a challenge and a game where strategy matters stay.
There is literately more adults then kids playing this game.  interesting

Every one is pretty nice too, the word 'noob' doesn't even exist in this game (Haven't heard it yet).

PS: the game just had its 7'th birthday.
Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 09:52:25 PM »
Trickster Online, pretty cool but gets old
Toxic-WoW, It's okay, It takes a long installation and lots of ":bang:" but once you get it going, its "Free WoW"  It might be illegal, I played it for awhile.  It probably is.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:38:12 AM by Luckybucket »

Offline zagwa

• Junior Poster
  • my rock of doom!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »
fiesta FTW! its kinda odd at first but its very fun :)
ya but after awhile i got use to the game and quit it was really fun at first  d_b but then i did not like it  :sad:

Offline Jixar

• Regular Poster
  • Don't mess with the Mog
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 09:41:49 PM »
anything from ijji.com is good. I think all the games they make are MMORPGs. like drift city (racing rpg) and Lunia.

Thanks BFM_Rypto for the sig! xD

Without war, there can not be peace.

Offline Cr@zy

• Senior Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 02:47:26 PM »
Free WoW private servers arnt technically illegal, i mean yes blizzard has rights to the game but they cant say what u can and cannot do after you get it, i read about the whole situation awhile ago on some site. Im not 100% sure, but what i got from the article says that it isnt illegal

Thanks H@ngm@n Soooo much for the Awesome sig!

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 09:47:40 AM »
i play WoW now so no longer looking for an MMORPG.  :angel:

Offline BigShot

• Regular Poster
  • its when you're not looking that the shot hits
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 06:56:17 PM »
hmmmm let me see.

Sword of the new world- Ive been with this game through the beta. They tried to sell a monthly subscription for it for about 4 months, setting a level cap at 20 for non-payers but that fell on its face when only about 100 people signed up for it. Its free now and is amazing. Its party based with an amazing AI system that basically does all the fighting for you. the game takes up a HUGE ammount of ram to run though. if you dont want to wait 10 minutes for each level to load, i's say at least 2 gigs of ram, i have that now and it loads in about 20 seconds. the only problem with it now is that there are TONS of bots. this can cause lag if there are alot of monsters around. the game also has the best soundtrack ive ever heard in a game.

Atlantica- party based, turn style, mmorpg. this is a fun game but sometimes it grinds on. I'm not very far in it yet.

Fiesta- a very fun if a tad off game. If you can get over some of the weirder bits at the low levels, you get into some simple amazing equipment and fun quests at the higher levels

Requiem - very gory but deep in quests and story. kinda new with not many players.

Dekaron- personal favorite but not many players as of yet. great everything

Silkroad- good but once you get to level 12 or so and you have to kill 100 tigres for your quest, it gets old. fast

Runes of Magic- i havnt put much time into it yet as it looked horrible in the first 10 mins of play but the video on youtube for it looks amazing so i may start leveling soon. it just entered open beta on 12/12/08 so its still developing, i hope its better later in the game.

One to look out for that may be coming out soon is Mabinogi:Heroes. Its totally different from the game's predecessor, Mabinogi which was HORRIBLE beyond comparison. Heroes looks amazing, just look it up on youtube.

team sig by Slayton, thanks a ton!

My virtues: be silent but strong, never attack in anger, uphold all just laws, and stay 100% loyal to your choices and friends

Print