Print 

Author Topic: *FIXED* Halo Help!!!!!!!  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
  • The Goggles! :o
*FIXED* Halo Help!!!!!!!
« on: June 21, 2008, 06:15:01 PM »
Ok.. So I was doing some Beta testing for a friend of mine on his mod.

So now it begins..

I finished testing and wanted it gone. So I deleted it and everything.. Mod is STILL there...  :bang:

Reinstalled Halo 2 times.. MOD STILL THERE!!!  :bang:

Used TeamVeiwer so my helpful freind could help me..

He deleted it.. MOD STILL THERE!!!!! :O!!!!   :bang:

System Restored to 2 days ago.. (I didnt have the mod 2 days ago) MOD IS STILL THERE!!!  :bang:

System Restored to 14th of June (Didnt have the mod) THE MOD IS STILL THERE!!!  :bang:

After system restoring I tryed Halo I got an error message saying that "config.txt" is missing..

Reinstalled.. config.txt is there! But now the sound on my halo doenst work  :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Now.. After all that! ^ THE MOD IS STILLLL THERE!!!!!!!!!!!  :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I..... HATE...... HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant play Halo without my sound.. I cant play with the mod..

Please oh please Help me out!!!!  :'( :'(

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:37:06 AM by BFM_Brick »
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"

- Hands held high

Offline Rypto

• Posts Too Much
Re: Halo Help!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 06:31:33 PM »
It may be something wrong with your setup.exe
Perhaps try a new setup.exe, you can find one off the net, or you can try another CD.
The next thing you need to do is scan your computer for viruses, spyware, trojans, ect., because there may be something that is preventing this mod from being deleted, or something might have infected the setup itself.

Try these two things and then lets work from there.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
System restore would probably only replace drivers and such in the windows directories.  I doubt it would affect stuff in Program Files or Documents and Settings.

I don't know anything about mods, but I would check two things after uninstalling Halo

1) make sure all files under Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo  (or whatever the path is) are actually all deleted.  Maybe reinstalling over the top wouldn't delete whatever files you're talking about.  Did you Add/Remove programs and uninstall, or just reinstall?

2) go into c:\documents and settings\<your login>\My Games\Halo (not sure again what the exact path is - probably all that would be there is a profile and/or saved games, but... ) see if there are any files there - might want to delete those too if there are
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:24:22 PM by bfm_Kiwi »

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »
If you have any Ideas please post here!

Also PM me! I will see it sooner than if its here!

- Hands held high

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 10:31:12 PM »

Well, it sounds like you've managed to do some additional/worse damage with your attempts, tho, but I bet that you never bothered to check the Halo stuff that gets stored in YOUR PROFILE FOLDER. (Everyone misses this, so it's not just you!  ::) )

Open your "My Documents" folder, and then go into "My Games" and rename your "Halo" folder there to something else.

Then try running Halo, create a new profile, and see if the mod is gone now. (Although if it's a true "mod" it may have changed stuff in the Halo directory, but if you REALLY managed to delete that COMPLETELY and reinstall it correctly from scratch, then that can't be it.... Which leaves the Halo folder in your profile folder....)

GL & toodles for a while!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 04:15:39 AM »
Ok.. So now I THINK I know whats causing it..

I can play halo with sound and no mod.. but after I use the update so I can play online multiplayer the sound goes away and the mod comes back.. Is there a way I can play online without using the update?

Halo update is called

haloupdate and its and application

Any other way I can play without having to update it with that?

- Hands held high

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 06:53:48 AM »
-.-

I fixed it -.-

I right clicked and hit Run as administrator.. and it worked -.-

I Feel soooo dumb lol!  :doh: