Print 

Author Topic: Your Opinion on FireFox3  (Read 4049 times)

Offline AR~Týþhooñ

• Junior Poster
  • My other ride is a HOG. Now were are the Rockets?
Re: Your Opinion on FireFox3
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »
I voted yes and hated it. when I access it after turning on my computer it works fine. once closed and reopened it does not go to home page (have to click icon), when I try to go back one page it does not let me  :doh:(foward and back coloured gray), bookmarks are missing, history is missing. It all goes down hill :bang:. I only have ad block, no script, webpage translator, and flash block added onto it.

I even tried without add ons still does it.

Has any thing like that happened to any one else? :interesting:

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 06:17:48 PM »
I voted yes and hated it. when I access it after turning on my computer it works fine. once closed and reopened it does not go to home page (have to click icon), when I try to go back one page it does not let me  :doh:(foward and back coloured gray), bookmarks are missing, history is missing. It all goes down hill :bang:. I only have ad block, no script, webpage translator, and flash block added onto it.

mine works just fine, but for BFM forums and youtube and photobucket i use IE but for everything else i use FF3 and haven't had any problems so far

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 07:48:13 PM »

NOTE: Please read ENTIRE POST befiore taking any specific action!!!

I voted yes and hated it.

Wow.  It sounds like your upgrade got bungled somehow....  :sad:

Try these fixes:

when I access it after turning on my computer it works fine. once closed and reopened it does not go to home page (have to click icon),

Display your desired homepage (as the one and only page being displayed) and then bring up "Tools" -> "Options...", then the "Main" tab, and select the "Use Current Pages" button.

That will reset your homepage for you.

when I try to go back one page it does not let me  :doh:(foward and back coloured gray),

You understand, of course that Forward/Backward only work for LINKS that you click on WITHIN THAT ONE TAB, right?

Check the "Tabs" tab (heh) under "Tools" -> "Options..." to see if you somehow have a combination that is always opening a new tab or window when you access a new page....

Else all I can think of it you sure DO have a busted up FF3 install!  :'( (And should maybe try a REinstall before you go too much further?)

bookmarks are missing,

Bad sign, indeed....

Are you sure that you did the FF3 as an UPGRADE, and NOT as an INSTALL??

If you inadvertently did the latter you likely have BOTH versions installed still! (And FF3 will NOT have picked up your old FF stuff, which would explain a lot....)

To find/recover your bookmarks:

0) Go to
C:\Documents and Settings\<login>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ and see if there is(are) (a) file(s) named "bookmarks.html" (and/or "bookmarks.bak") there.

1) Make COPIES of those files in a temporary file area somewhere else.

2) Double-click on the .html one and see if it lists the bookmarks that you were looking for.

3) If NOT, then delete the copied "bookmarks.html" file, and RENAME the "bookmarks.bak" file to "bookmarks.html", and double-click THAT one.

4) If THAT one's good, then copy it BACK into the original location as "bookmarks.html" and you're good to go.  If not, then you might need to scan your entire C: drive to look for errant "bookmarks.*" files and check THEM out....

history is missing. It all goes down hill :bang:. I only have ad block, no script, webpage translator, and flash block added onto it.

Yeah, double-check that you don't have TWO versions installed.  That's starting to make a lot of sense, I think.
(And if you do, UNinstall them BOTH (your settings will NOT get deleted, not to worry!), find the one that's the correct one, and do a "CUSTOM" install of FF3 into THAT location, and everything should be all better.)
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Fralalala

• Regular Poster
  • This One Time I Was BFM_British...
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 02:49:27 AM »
Safari. I dig it. :D

Offline AR~Týþhooñ

• Junior Poster
  • My other ride is a HOG. Now were are the Rockets?
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 07:47:07 AM »
MrMxyzptlk I had reformated my computer 3 times because of problems (not by FF3). :P Every install had the same problem with FF3. This problem has orcured to other people who have used it as well. I have only 1 version installed after the reformat and the tabs bit, as I said I opened a new window after I closed the last opened one. Backwards and forwards does not work at all in just 1 tab. Bookmarks I have a saved copy and I try loading it, it does not load in onto FF3. :doh:

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 12:57:56 PM »
MrMxyzptlk I had reformated my computer 3 times because of problems (not by FF3). :P Every install had the same problem with FF3. This problem has orcured to other people who have used it as well. I have only 1 version installed after the reformat and the tabs bit, as I said I opened a new window after I closed the last opened one. Backwards and forwards does not work at all in just 1 tab. Bookmarks I have a saved copy and I try loading it, it does not load in onto FF3. :doh:

Hmmm, well, sorry to hear that, cuz you ARE missing out....  :-\

It's sounds too complicated to try to characterize here, tho, so I guess... "Good luck" is all I can offer....

:'(

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Diehard6309

• Senior Poster
  • The Goggles! :o
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 07:48:05 AM »
Hmm..

I got firefox today.. its.... 100 times better than IE

I LOVE IT
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"

- Hands held high

Offline MoNsTeR

• Newbie Poster
  • How do I internet?
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 05:21:03 PM »
Firefox 3 + Hyperwords Add-on = greatest browser ever.

I'm still finding new things that make it even more amazing... It's fully customizable and insanely practical.
It can ever be used with versions 1.5 and up.

I took some screenshots to demonstrate some of its capabilities:

In this pic, I simply selected the word "Firefox" with my mouse, right-clicked it, then navigated to the Google's top results part of the menu, where it instantly brings up the main Firefox page where you can download it, without having to navigate out of the page your viewing.

Here's another one, but I selected the words "ad block" from Ares' post then navigated in the same way to the top result, and I got the download page for the addon he was talking about, and I can even download it right from that little window without navigating away from the page I'm on.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 05:43:12 PM by MoNsTeR »

Offline R41z3r

• Newbie Poster
Your Opinion on FireFox3
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 04:30:14 PM »
I love Firefox 3. and more surprising most of the Firefox 2 plugins were updated quickly to Firefox 3

Print