Print 

Author Topic: Worst racing map  (Read 4324 times)

Offline BFM_Hlao

• Posts Too Much
Re: Worst racing map
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »
I used to HATE Sidewinder (just ask Crater :P), but now it's one of my favourites just because it's one of the most challenging driving maps.

I voted Infinity, not because it's boring, but because I can never ever seem to get a lap time under 100 seconds. Even after 2 years of racing.... :-\ :embarrassed: :LOL:

Also, I love Gephyrophobia so much that I actually know how to spell it. ;D

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 10:39:44 AM »
Danger Canyon.  I get killed way too many times...and it gets frustrating when your next nav is right behind a wall that you have to drive 300 meters around.

Plus, as a BFM, I can only take the tunnels if my next nav is the score nav.  So if I spawn at red base, and my next nav is at blue base, I'm screwed, cause I have to walk until I find a hog.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 11:00:27 AM by BFM_Goalie »
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 10:54:31 AM »
Death Island seems the least challenging...that's my choice for worst.

I like Infinity even though it can get boring. Trying to get under 100 makes it fun. Gunning isn't too bad if you have a rocket hog. At least you can try to get that lucky shot on some poor soul.

Offline GREASER

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 07:51:16 AM »
i personally DONT like sidwinder because of the ice and the dang hill with the skinny drive..u know wat im talkin about right ???

Offline BFM_ImaybeU

• BFM Admin
  • Got Ping? I do!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »
Ice Fields for me.  Way too easy to get ambushed with no room to maneuver  and not see it coming (which makes it difficult to admin sometimes).  Too easy to get caught on the ice after the slightest bit of contact with anything, which leaves you vulnerable to attack.  Chain hogs are absolutely useless to defend or attack with.

On a brightener note, my bridge flips are getting better (up to about 50-60% success rate).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:34:48 PM by BFM_ImaybeU »

^^Thanks Warlord for the great sig!

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »
Death Island!! everyother map has good strategy ans such behind it, but for Death Island, your dead if your team does badly off the start, in which case its just a long time driving in circles(I think I know how those Nascar people feel lol)
A part of the winning teams for season 9, 10, 13, 17, 18 and now 19. Thanks for all of the great memories guys :D

Offline Vincitore

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 02:28:22 PM »
I voted Gephyrophobia. I always seem to lag more on it and its just boring and falling a lot....

Offline OÐî ñ

• Junior Poster
  • this is U
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
The map I have most trouble with is.... well I dont have much trouble with any maps. The ones i get the lowest map time is either sidewinder or icefields. I havent tried for best lap time in ice fields lately, so idk how bad that lap time is. But the worst map to race on, in my opinion, is Danger Canyon because of constant camping and a very high # of kills for everyone.

"A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

Thx for the sig Ds Black!

Offline AR~Archon

• Senior Poster
  • No surrender, no retreat
    • MacFire (Xfire for Mac)
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 04:49:11 PM »
Tough one.  I said Ice Fields primarily because of the bridge jump and the associated ice below.  Oddly, I don't have trouble with ice on Sidewinder.  Infinity isn't too far behind due to camping/nading at start.  I've found that the monotony on Infinity and Death Island are helped a lot when set for Any Nav (on non-BFM servers).
The minstrel boy to the war has gone...
Understanding is a three edged sword.  Your side, their side, and the truth.
Who are you?  What do you want?  Why are you here?  Where are you going?

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 04:50:04 PM »
I voted Gephyrophobia. I always seem to lag more on it and its just boring and falling a lot....

Have to add an FYI here for you and other folks in a similar situation:

Gephyrophobia is BY FAR the LARGEST Halo PC map there is!  It might not LOOK like it to Racers, but there's a HUGE area up on top, and with all the walls of The Pit, etc., that makes for a LOT of object surfaces (actually, they're all surface triangles...)  

SO, if you have a graphics card that's juuust at - or even below - the recommended 256MB size - or not DirectX 9.0c-capable (i.e. 3D Transform and Lighting capable,) you'll be getting GRAPHICS LAG on Gephyrophobia ALL the time!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »
It's a tie to my worst racing maps

Infinity: obvious reasons of boredom and inability to get under 100 sec.

Blood Gulch: if I didn't have so many encounters with really really REALLY annoying idiots on that map it would be a different story

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline Disko

• Junior Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 04:36:21 PM »
Ice Fields for me.  Way too easy to get ambushed with no room to maneuver  and not see it coming (which makes it difficult to admin sometimes).  Too easy to get caught on the ice after the slightest bit of contact with anything, which leaves you vulnerable to attack.  Chain hogs are absolutely useless to defend or attack with.

On a brightener note, my bridge flips are getting better (up to about 50-60% success rate).

I really dislike Ice Fields for the same reason. If you happen to be rammed or make a driving error on the ice surrounding the second nav - you are easily open to be attacked.

~Disko

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »
Sidewinder, because of that stupid ramp to get to the second Nav.

If it wern't for the rules, I'd just take the steps up every time.
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 06:36:08 PM »

I really dislike Ice Fields for the same reason. If you happen to be rammed or make a driving error on the ice surrounding the second nav - you are easily open to be attacked.

~Disko

See with this, Isn't that what you want, so it is not boring???

~d3struct

Offline Flip

• Junior Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2008, 12:11:41 PM »
I HATE ice fields...1 its too icy (duh) 2 too small 3 i get shot by a rocket at least 5 times per game

Thanks Zagwa!

Print