Print 

Author Topic: Comcast downed?!  (Read 1570 times)

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
Comcast downed?!
« on: June 23, 2008, 05:29:21 PM »
i don't know if this happened to anyone else but my internet, phone and cable t.v. went out for 6 HOURS! today because of some unknown technical difficulty. It just started working minutes ago, around 8:15PM U.S. EST, i have not yet contacted Comcast to figure out what has happened,I'll most likely call tomorrow. I was wondering if this may have happened to anyone else. It was especially bad for me because i have the Comcast Triple Play Package, meaning if internet doesn't work- phone doesn't work, which really stunk because i couldn't call Comcast to tell them their internet and cable wasn't working.

please respond if you know anything about this, or if i just live in a internet deficient zone :o

~IRELAND

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
Re: Comcast downed?!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:33:39 PM »
Nope. I have DirecTV, Earthlink, and Verizon.

I did have Comcast. Never will again.
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline BFM_Skedog

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »
didnt happen to me today but i had that happen the other day to me,
i called and it was a waste of time in my oppinion, the people i talked with had no idea what happened and refuzed to check into it for me :(

BFM_Skedog

By priceslaytonv at 2011-03-05

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a few seconds, set him on FIRE and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

A GREAT leader has the ability to combine knowledge, passion, caring, and wisdom into a focused energy that perpetuates the desire to do GREAT in those who are following.

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »
Comcast is getting too big and unpersonalized, it's sad they wont come to ur home to make sure their service/product is working properly.

Offline Floyd

• Senior Poster
  • I Pitty the Foo who can't dance
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:03:23 AM »
This used to happen to our cable all the time, then Charter upgraded the entire area to fiber optic and I have not had any outages for about 4 years now. Great cable and internet but horrible customer service, guess you cant have it all.
There's someone in my head but it's not me  ~Floyd

Offline CNN

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 08:17:59 AM »
I have comcast, so far it has been good, IRELAND, I would call cust service and ask for some compensation
for the down time. I did it in the past and they took some money off for the next billing cycle or ask them to issue u a credit of some sort. That's the list they should do, especially for the prices they are charging. :clint:

bfm_CNN

By priceslaytonv at 2009-07-31]

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 09:04:25 PM »
I'm no fan of Comcast either. They used to go down periodically every week (for 1/2 a day) due to expansion issues. When calling tech support they would always blame my equipment for the problem, and would be happy to send out a technician for a $120/hr fee. I don't have much of a choice in ISP's in my area, Comcast is the only one. They mug $50 from me each and every month. I guess they need all that money to put out all those exaggerated ads.  :P
[img

Offline Đstroyr

• Senior Poster
  • Ðeath before Ðishonor !
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 10:13:43 PM »
You have to stay on Comcast to get anything done "correctly". They are the World class leaders in the absolute worst customer service so good luck if you have a problem. I still use them for some unbelievable reason. But I hope to end that one way relationship ASAP.

Ð

^^^ SIG made by his awesomeness BFM_Slayton ^^^

Offline R41z3r

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 06:41:04 PM »
I used to have comcast and the only complaint I has was that It slowed down at times and was way to expensive and I hear they have caps now...

Offline Đstroyr

• Senior Poster
  • Ðeath before Ðishonor !
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 04:15:26 PM »
Ok I have to add something positive about Comcast. They added some more speed to my connection without me asking for it. About time. Now if they would up it another 5 mps I would be really happy. But no complaints since my last run in with them in April.

So far so good. Knock on wood..

^^^ SIG made by his awesomeness BFM_Slayton ^^^

Print