Print 

Author Topic: Dont Look now Cub Fans  (Read 7560 times)

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: Dont Look now Cub Fans
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 11:52:18 PM »
How many games in a week?

Over here we play 1 game a week (every sport pretty much) and most seasons run between 15-24 weeks depending on the sport, + finals.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 05:24:39 AM »
Baseball is an anomaly when it comes to how often they play. :P

They play 162 games over the course of the season, but it's too early in the morning for me to try and equate the length of the season (week-wise) or try to remember how often they play in a week (I'm guessing four to be safe)...

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »
Yeah Probably around 4-6 games a week. Almost every day they play.

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 01:06:01 PM »
It's anywhere from 4-6 games a week like Spartan said, sometimes 7 if they are on a long homestand

This is how I think the playoffs will go as of right now (please feel free to correct me on matchups in the first round):

AL teams:                                                                NL teams:
East: Rays                                                                East: Phillies
Central: White Sox                                                  Central: Cubs
West: Angels                                                           West: Dodgers
Wild Card: Red Sox (the yankees are                     Wild Card: Brewers (CC will help just enough
too down at this point to make it up,                      to get them to the playoffs, but thats it)
sorry guys, GIAMBI STACHE FTW)

Rays def. Angels                                                       Cubs def. Dodgers
Red Sox def. White Sox                                           Phillies def. Brewers

Rays def. Red Sox                                                    Cubs def. Phillies

Cubs def Rays in 6

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 05:14:30 PM »
Um...wow.

That's crazy, but OK! :D

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline T@rg3t

• Posts Too Much
  • Ex BFM_T@rg3t
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 08:52:52 PM »
It's anywhere from 4-6 games a week like Spartan said, sometimes 7 if they are on a long homestand

This is how I think the playoffs will go as of right now (please feel free to correct me on matchups in the first round):

AL teams:                                                                NL teams:
East: Rays                                                                East: Phillies
Central: White Sox                                                  Central: Cubs
West: Angels                                                           West: Dodgers
Wild Card: Red Sox (the yankees are                     Wild Card: Brewers (CC will help just enough
too down at this point to make it up,                      to get them to the playoffs, but thats it)
sorry guys, GIAMBI STACHE FTW)

Rays def. Angels                                                       Cubs def. Dodgers
Red Sox def. White Sox                                           Phillies def. Brewers

Rays def. Red Sox                                                    Cubs def. Phillies

Cubs def Rays in 6

Okay...call me crazy.....but.....I say the Detroit Tigers are going to comeback and win their division. Alot of baseball to be played. The White Sox are kind of an up and down team. I think the Tigers are finding a groove right now and I believe they can come back and win that divison. And as for your NL Wildcard....Sabathia is good...but he's not outstanding. He didn't stand out too much to me the other night against the Rockies...even though they won 7-3. The Cardinals will be getting Wainwright and Carpenter back by August. The return of these 2 will definitely help out the pitching and I think this will help them win the Wild Card. So i'm gonna put out my bracket.

AL                                                                        NL

East: Rays                                                    East: Phillies
Central: Tigers                                             Central: Cubs
West: Angels                                               West: Dodgers
Wild Card: Red Sox                                      Wild Card: Cardinals

Rays def Angels                                           Cubs def Dodgers         
Tigers def Red Sox                                      Cardinals def Phillies

Rays def Tigers                                            Cubs def Cardinals

Rays def Cubs in 7

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »
I hope the tigers make it, And they easily could. But I dont think the NL Wildcard will come from the NL Central  :-\

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 11:49:18 AM »
And notice how flawed that little board is there buddy? Even though they are both technically 3.5 games behind the Cubs at that point, the Brewers automatically override the Cardinals on the sole fact of being in better position in the alphabet? Perhaps pressing the issue a little much for the Brewers there aren't we mano? Cubs or Cards, either way I'd be happy.... but the Brewers?... -gag-  ::) They're Red Sox of old version in the NL Central. They'd choke before you could sneeze!

Additional note: Cards = 50 wins, Brewers = 49 wins... and they're on top how again?  :XD:

Except the Brewers had one loss less as well. If you'll note the percentages, the Brewers had a better win percentage.

Stop dreaming everyone; we all know the Rockies are the best :P
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 01:54:15 PM »
Yah for Troy Tulowitzki!!! I know that's Elvis favorite player, after all he has kept him on his fantasy team even though he has been on the DL  3/4 of the year, AND when he isnt injured he is batting .166 lol.

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
Dug this thread up, as it is relevant:

So this is how the World Series Playoffs are right now:

AL:
East: Rays
Central: White Sox (Winning a tiebreaker game against the Twins last night)
West: Angels
Wild Card: Red Sox

NL:
East: Phillies
Central: Cubbies
West: Dodgers
Wild Card: Brewers

Wow, two cities (Chicago and LA) have 2 teams in the playoffs.

Here's my predictions:

ALDS:
Rays def. White Sox in 4
Angels def. Red Sox in 5

NLDS:
Cubs def. Dodgers in 3
Phillies def. Brewers in 3

ALCS:
Rays def. Angels in 5

NLCS:
Cubs def. Phillies in 7

World Series:
Cubs def. Rays in 7

I am assuming that this postseason is going to be hard fought for both the AL and NL.  But the Cubs will finally end a centennial drought and come out with their first World Series Championship in 100 years.

Of course, no one will know for certain until the games are actually played.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 10:56:24 PM by BFM_Goalie »
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 04:24:46 PM »
Notice how I said "as of right now", implying that if the season ended within the next couple of weeks thats what it would have been like, and I know my brackets are horrible (NCAA B-ball the past two years, in a ranking system where the most points you could get was somewhere in the 400s, 200 pts COMBINED the past 2 years), I think I might have been half asleep as well so that could be why I thought the Brewers would have held on...Anyways I like Target's bracket better  :P

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline T@rg3t

• Posts Too Much
  • Ex BFM_T@rg3t
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 08:15:59 PM »
I wasn't 100% sure if that was what you meant or not Widget. But either way i threw my bracket out there. Not so sure about the Cardinals any more though...just one of those things that we'll have to wait and see till we get there.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Offline Samurai X

• Regular Poster
  • Live By The Sword - Die By The Sword
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 09:44:08 PM »
I like how people are putting down what they think will happen in the playoffs.  And by all means, it's nice to guess.  But not this Samurai.  Not at this time anyway.  When the time comes and the playoffs are set, then you'll get my bracket.  But you all know who I'll be putting in the world series on the national league side.   ;D  Good luck to all who have a chance. 

See you on the field.  Cubs all the way!

So says the Samurai!
Thanks to Inferno and Blitz for the sigs!

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
Bumping this back up, as i find it a bit strange, maybe coincidental.

As of today, the Cubs have the best Home game winning pct at .755.  The next closest to them is Tampa Bay with .722.
The Cubs also have the worst Interleague play in NL Central at 6-9, a win pct. of .400.    Only two teams in the AL have losing records against NL teams.  All but three teams in the NL have losing records against AL teams.

If the Cubs make it to the World Series, then they'll have some tough roads ahead if they're playing this poor against AL teams.  They better use home field advantage when they can, otherwise the Americans will win again.  And I don't want that to happen.  So go Cubbies!!!! :yesyes:
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 03:09:33 PM »
4 game sweep of the Brewers, thats what I'm talking about.

Print