Print 

Author Topic: What is your JOB (work that is)  (Read 11912 times)

Offline Bunyip

• Newbie Poster
  • puff puff pant.... where's a hog when you need one
Re: What is your JOB (work that is)
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2008, 01:05:53 AM »
I'm a creative director in an advertising agency and also commercial director. The biggest commercial I ever shot was for the soccer World Cup in 2006 with the famous French player Zinedine Zidane. He was a very nice chap.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 01:38:44 AM »
WOW Bunyip!!

I always wondered what kept you away from Halo so much ;). Sounds like a lot of fun!

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2008, 03:21:03 AM »
Car modification and styling. Specializing in Audio (fitting/tweaking/engineering/styling) and Performance.

I get out of bed before noon, professionally.
Haha Max, I used to do that! The pay wa'nt all that good though.

Also used to work as an underwriter for Freedom Finance, Worked at fathers place for a bit before that, putting Aprilia motorcycles together and test running em. And as my first ever job? I used to bind all that grease and processed meat together and wrap it up ready for you people to eat what is better known as the all time favorite, The Big Mac.

mmmM mMMMmm...  ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:18:56 PM by Octane »

Offline Fralalala

• Regular Poster
  • This One Time I Was BFM_British...
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2008, 05:01:31 AM »
Job 1 - Till opererator at a clothes shop. (Primark)

Job 2 - I work down on the beach managing the bouncy castle and a mechanical train ride for children.

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2008, 05:56:48 AM »
I work at Taco Bell...

Not something I'm particularly prud of...

Be proud no matter WHAT you do - it all counts and all adds up to the big picture!  :yesyes:

I work for a media company that is the largest community newspaper publisher in Canada.   Our division produce 18 community newspapers and a number of specialty publications throughout the Ottawa valley on a weekly basis.  My job is maintaining the database that contains all of our 500+ carriers, all of the address details for our 1,000+ routes, plus our truckers & which-bundles-for-which-routes-goes-on-which-truck-in-what-order (lol) etc.  I also run the payroll for all of these folks as well as handle general admin duties for our 50+ satellite office  ;D

In the past though, I've enjoyed filling in time working as a bartender, waitress, secretary, truck driver, receptionist, artisan, hospital attendant, librarian, etc.  Whatever gets the bills paid and that seems fun to do (at the time!).  Variety is the spice of life they say  :smly_a_wink:

I also like trying to steal stuff out of Nrv's BFM office when he's not looking.... I think I'm ahead of Madwho in the Nrv memborabilia department  :dance:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 07:01:44 AM by BFM_Wic »

Offline Gevad

• Junior Poster
  • Carlie Grace
    • Custom Craft
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 06:27:16 AM »
I own and operate a cabinet shop, but we do build much more han cabinetry (that market is saturated).  It's really a dream come true and a joy to go to the shop each day.

>>Site under construction<<  These are just a couple of our outdoor "summer kitchens" which are completely waterproof

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 06:40:07 AM »
Currently doing Part time now as a Student at the University of Newcastle doing Bachelor of Engineering: Electrical Engineering, second year now

Just started doing a full time Electrical Engineer Cadetship for a company called Hunter Water Corporation (which as the name suggests supplies water to people within the Hunter Valley)

Offline Spidey

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2008, 07:40:55 AM »
I'm a barman at a pub (which is haunted :D)

Trying to get in the police. Currently awaiting the date for my fitness test. :sweatdrop:

Applied for BFM - 12th March 2007
Recieved Vent Access - 2nd May 2007
Recieved Little Tags - 11th May 2007
Recieved Big Tags - 14th June 2007
Promoted to Corporal - 5th June 2008
Stepped down from Promotion - 24th December 2008

Offline JRock

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 07:43:08 AM »
I own and operate a cabinet shop, but we do build much more han cabinetry (that market is saturated).  It's really a dream come true and a joy to go to the shop each day.

>>Site under construction<<  These are just a couple of our outdoor "summer kitchens" which are completely waterproof

Awesome kitchens Gevad.  My brother is also a custom cabinet maker and owns his own shop and does a lot of similar work.  With the housing downturn, he picked up a contract with Cabelas to do all of their curio cabinets for their stores across the country.  He loves it as well.

As for me, I'm in airport operations at a large international airport.  My group manages the runway/taxiway side of the airport and take care of things such as emergency response, construction oversight, snow and ice control, wildlife management and other regulatory requirements.  I've been doing this for over 20 years and still love it.  Prior to that I managed a bombing range for the U.S. Air Force.

Offline BFM_Rickp9

• BFM Admin
  • I Am Canadian EH!
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 07:54:40 AM »
I work at Taco Bell...

Not something I'm particularly prud of...

Be proud no matter WHAT you do - it all counts and all adds up to the big picture!  :yesyes:

I work for a media company that is the largest community newspaper publisher in Canada.   Our division produce 18 community newspapers and a number of specialty publications throughout the Ottawa valley on a weekly basis.  My job is maintaining the database that contains all of our 500+ carriers, all of the address details for our 1,000+ routes, plus our truckers & which-bundles-for-which-routes-goes-on-which-truck-in-what-order (lol) etc.  I also run the payroll for all of these folks as well as handle general admin duties for our 50+ satellite office  ;D

In the past though, I've enjoyed filling in time working as a bartender, waitress, secretary, truck driver, receptionist, artisan, hospital attendant, librarian, etc.  Whatever gets the bills paid and that seems fun to do (at the time!).  Variety is the spice of life they say  :smly_a_wink:

I also like trying to steal stuff out of Nrv's BFM office when he's not looking.... I think I'm ahead of Madwho in the Nrv memborabilia department  :dance:
Keep up the good work it will come your way one day, I started at a grocery store in the basement lol lituary, and work at a boiler compagny for 3 months cleaning boilers never got clean for all that time one day i join the air force and did a wonderfull carrer as a thechnicine and even spend 4 years in Germany now im retire and work as a toll plaza supervisor and im just 52 years old 8 more years before my canada pension lol, we all have to start somewere.

Offline CNN

• Regular Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 08:09:40 AM »
I am in Advertising sales for a phone book, design ad's and also have part ownership in a compnay.

By priceslaytonv at 2009-07-31]

Offline |мс|M.Ī.Ķ.Ę

• Newbie Poster
  • The lone racer
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 08:32:52 AM »
Well I am technically unemployed. darn Colorado child labor laws, got to be 18 or something for most. (17)

But I get by doing odd jobs such as: baby sitting, weed whacking, construction (my dads company) and run of the mill chores around the house.

And I also mountain bike alot, examples including but not limited to: Dirt jumping, dh, singletrack ect.

So yeah besides sleeping that is all my jobs for the most part. XD

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 09:26:28 AM »
I'm a creative director in an advertising agency and also commercial director. The biggest commercial I ever shot was for the soccer World Cup in 2006 with the famous French player Zinedine Zidane. He was a very nice chap.

Didn't Zidane headbutt a guy in the World Cup final?  :eyebrow:

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 04:03:27 PM »

Didn't Zidane headbutt a guy in the World Cup final?  :eyebrow:

I'm not sure that was Zidane, I thought that was someone else...

I'd also like to add to my resume, since Jimmy brought it up, I am also a Soccer Referee, but for AYSO, American Youth Soccer Organization.  Just got done with a Section Tournament, I reffed 9 games in 2 days.  Only did 2 Centers, the rest were Assistant (the guy running up and down the touchline with the flag that the spectators always yell at even when its the Center's fault  :-\)  It's all good, because the motto of AYSO is, "It's for the kids."  Really did for the kids, even though half of them were 5 years younger and 5 inches taller than me.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2008, 04:16:59 PM »
i am the vice president of Microsoft corporation, and the executive director or dell. 

LOL jk.  i wish i had those jobs.  i would make SOOO much money. 

but my real job is landscaping. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Print