Print 

Author Topic: What is your JOB (work that is)  (Read 11900 times)

Offline zagwa

• Junior Poster
  • my rock of doom!
Re: What is your JOB (work that is)
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2008, 07:05:08 AM »
well my job is to sit and watch TV  :neckbeard: and play computer  :chief: as a child and i play soccer and basketball  ;D

Offline UCANTSEEME

• Senior Poster
  • Mnid pwoer is the olny way to sccuses.
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2008, 10:19:52 AM »
Well I am the Owner of a commercial cleaning service. I learned a lesson early in life and that is; "you either work for the means of production or you own the means of production".  My social theory classes tell me I took the right step in our capitalistic society.  Yes, this is a marxist idea.

Other then that... Im a full time college student.  Oh yeah... and a Halo fanatic.

SEEU on the track!

Sig by Hlao

Big thanks to Geekums and Slayton for the sig!

Offline Toe Tag

• Junior Poster
  • You don't want any part of me.
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2008, 04:22:03 PM »
I help support the President, his National Security Adviser, his Homeland Security Adviser, the National Security Council, and the Homeland Security Council as a White House Situation Room Duty Officer.

The White House website has lots of interesting information!  Here are some video tours.  Watch them all.  The Situation Room video tour's link is on the right side.

This is mostly true, if a little out of date.  So is this.

I have seen the President, the Vice President, the First Lady, Mrs. Cheney, and other VIP-types.  I see them at a distance, though, not close enough to shake hands or chat. 

I work on a team of four to six people.  Mostly we distribute reports from the newswires (AP, Reuters, etc.) and government agencies, interact with other watch centers around the Executive Branch, and  keep Da Boss and his advisors apprised of what is going on in the world.  The shift work can be rough but I get a lot of support from the Missus.

I have seen Marine One bring the President back to the White House a few times.  I attended White House arrival ceremonies for Queen Elizabeth and the current Super Bowl champions, the New York Giants.  My family and I have gone to the Easter Egg Roll on the South Grounds, a couple of Garden Tours, the Holiday Open House in the East Wing, and Holiday Reception (also in the East Wing).  When I have a bad day at work, maybe start getting a bad attitude, I stop to think for a moment where I'm working, and my attitude improves immensely!

It's not a bad place to work.

Oh.  And if that wasn't impressive, I'm brother to BFM_Fender and BFM_'Medic, too.  Have completely scuttled any credibility or possibility of collecting cool points?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:56:52 PM by CTICM Toe Tag »
LIfe is good.  Vacation is better!

Offline kamikaze

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2008, 04:28:12 PM »
I work at a mexican restaraunt, I fill drinks, call orders, stand there and look pretty, make fun of customers behind their backs, etc.

Offline 'Medic

• Posts Too Much
  • High Speed, Low Drag.
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »
I'lll give you three guesses!!!

Well, I have a couple of jobs.

Of course, I'm a paramedic, that's the core qualification of what I do. In order to do the job that I get paid for, I have to keep current and qualified in all of my paramedic skills. This means I almost have to work full time as a paramedic (often without pay) in order to be "qualified" to do my paid job.

I am also the Clinical Coordinator for a paramedic education program. That means I'm in charge of making sure all the students who are trying to be paramedics learn the hands-on skills they need to do the job (the clinical aspect). I also coordinate and oversee all of the 1,200 hours of field ride along and clinical time each student performs at hospitals, on paramedic units, in surgical suites, labor and delivery and more.

I'm also a certified instructor for CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation), ACLS (advanced cardiac life support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support), ITLS (International Trauma Life Support) and PEPP (Pediatric Emergencies for Prehospital Providers). *Whew!*

One of the most important parts of my job (other than being a big mean "drill sergeant" type) is to set the example of a professional paramedic. That, I think, is the most difficult part.

That means I have to take myself seriously most of the time. That's the hardest part!!

-'Medic

P.S. ... It's true! I'm Fender and ToeTag's youngest brother. Toetag is the oldest, then Fender, then me. When you get the chance, ask how ToeTag got the scar on his chin (it has something to do with Fender and a flying toilet seat!)

-signature courtesy of Atroxide & h@ngm@n

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try!"
--Master Yoda

Offline RUSTY0

• Junior Poster
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »

I have been a Coastie,motorcycle wrench,vehicle wrench,sandblaster,paint and body guy, vac rebuilder,refridgeration dude, security, truckdriver, art major, ect but my job now is to embarass my son ;D

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2008, 05:59:17 AM »
I help support the President, his National Security Adviser, his Homeland Security Adviser, the National Security Council, and the Homeland Security Council as a White House Situation Room Duty Officer.

The White House website has lots of interesting information!  Here are some video tours.  Watch them all.  The Situation Room video tour's link is on the right side.

This is mostly true, if a little out of date.  So is this.

I have seen the President, the Vice President, the First Lady, Mrs. Cheney, and other VIP-types.  I see them at a distance, though, not close enough to shake hands or chat. 

I work on a team of four to six people.  Mostly we distribute reports from the newswires (AP, Reuters, etc.) and government agencies, interact with other watch centers around the Executive Branch, and  keep Da Boss and his advisors apprised of what is going on in the world.  The shift work can be rough but I get a lot of support from the Missus.

I have seen Marine One bring the President back to the White House a few times.  I attended White House arrival ceremonies for Queen Elizabeth and the current Super Bowl champions, the New York Giants.  My family and I have gone to the Easter Egg Roll on the South Grounds, a couple of Garden Tours, the Holiday Open House in the East Wing, and Holiday Reception (also in the East Wing).  When I have a bad day at work, maybe start getting a bad attitude, I stop to think for a moment where I'm working, and my attitude improves immensely!

It's not a bad place to work.

Oh.  And if that wasn't impressive, I'm brother to BFM_Fender and BFM_'Medic, too.  Have completely scuttled any credibility or possibility of collecting cool points?

Very cool and interesting job...

I myself own and maintain a Pizza restaurant.I own 3 others as well but I only oversee those operations from a distance (yes babysit) lol I have been with the same Company for 23 years now.It is a very fast growing Franchise.Check it out if you want to http://www.hungryhowies.com/

Offline Toe Tag

• Junior Poster
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »
  I myself own and maintain a Pizza restaurant.  I own 3 others as well but I only oversee those operations from a distance (yes babysit) lol I have been with the same Company for 23 years now.It is a very fast growing Franchise.Check it out if you want to http://www.hungryhowies.com/

You get to be Da Man, Warlord, instead of working for Da Man.  Nice!

Apparently, I'm Cajun crust: 

Cajuns are the heartbreakers among us. Due to their natural charm and extreme physical attractiveness. They are especially skilled at dumping people remotely—such as over instant messenger or via text. Cajuns often become rock stars or politicians.

Sounds about right  ;-)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:46:58 PM by BFM_Igor »

Offline The Rebel™

• Posts Too Much
  • Rebel the Ragin Cajun
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »
I am U.S. Air Force in training as a Tactical Aircraft Crew Chief. I am currently assigned to the F-16 and will be going operational in November. But I will be qualified for work on the F-15, F-16, A-10, F-22, all UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles), and the F-35 once it comes out. I am headed to Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, Nv for my 4 years of fun in the sun ;D
Currently traveling through the unknown times in my life. I will be back when i find myself.

Thanks for the sig BFM_H@ngm@n

Offline Toe Tag

• Junior Poster
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2008, 04:44:49 PM »
Holy smoke, that's impressive!  I can't change the clutch on my car without two other guys helping me.  I can change my oil by myself, and that's the limit of my mechanical ability.

Good luck in your training.  I heard that USAF technical training is rigorous and the standards are very high.

Now, Las Vegas.  That's the kind of sandbox where I like to play!

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2008, 09:08:40 PM »
I work in event managing, though im only 15 :o (almost 16, 23rd Sep :D) and i do boundry umpiring for australian rules :)

~d3struct

Offline 'Medic

• Posts Too Much
  • High Speed, Low Drag.
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »

As for me, I'm in airport operations at a large international airport.  My group manages the runway/taxiway side of the airport and take care of things such as emergency response, construction oversight, snow and ice control, wildlife management and other regulatory requirements.

That's cool!

I was a seasonal Aircraft de-icer for a few winters when I was in Medic School.

Hee hee! 747s are BIIIIIIIGGGG!!!

Especially in a blizzard.

-'Medic

-signature courtesy of Atroxide & h@ngm@n

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try!"
--Master Yoda

Offline Hr$heLt

• Regular Poster
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2008, 09:56:23 PM »
I am a Handyman  :winkgrin:, work for  a really nice company here in south orange county, California, they specialized on water damage, the restoration part is what i do  :dance:

Thanks for the sig BFM_HLao

Print