Print 

Author Topic: Notifying a BFM quickly..  (Read 1068 times)

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
Notifying a BFM quickly..
« on: July 01, 2008, 04:35:56 PM »
Hi, I'm putting this to the officers of BFM because I believe that it would be a good idea. Not that it is a good thing, however there are constantly people entering one of BFM's servers and breaking the rules, mainly if there are no visible bfm's there. I was thinking about this the other day and I know this is why we have the xfire names, however like me I do have 2 or 3 bfm members as friends, though always if I see someone breaking the rules, they are never online :(

So this is my question. Is there any chance that BFM can get some chat system that all guests can enter? Even if its just a shout box.. Just something that a guest can log into and have a bfm waiting there to help them..

Just a suggestion.. Thanks

~d3struct

Offline BFM_Hlao

• Posts Too Much
Re: Notifying a BFM quickly..
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 04:35:42 AM »
Hey Destruct,

Thanks for your suggestion, and sorry it took so long for someone to respond.

We had something similar to this on our old website, but it was pretty much disused. The problem with a shout box or something along those lines is that, as far I know (I have very little experience with shout boxes, so correct me if I'm wrong), they cannot be adminned for inappropriate content. So if someone came along and dropped some profanity in there, we would be forced to take it down.

Also, BFMs are more likely to visit the forum than the main website, so you'd be better off making a forum post to notify of problems in a server than using a chat room/shout box on the main page.

I would suggest simply adding more BFMs to your Xfire. We have a list available <here>, just try adding all the BFMs you race with most. Feel free to add me as well if you haven't already, my username is "hlao".

If you have any further questions, or another officer wants to add something more to this, feel free to post. :)

Thanks,
Hlao

Print