Print 

Author Topic: best routes in the start of a game  (Read 1028 times)

Offline jeff

• Posts Too Much
best routes in the start of a game
« on: July 14, 2008, 07:52:02 PM »
ive learned through experience that having a good start in a game (i.e. not dying and killing enemy hogs near you) can go a long way and greatly increases chance of victory  :); so i have some questions about once you're in the hog, how to approach the first nav.

gephy
from blue base: go to the nav directly and make a sharp u-turn or go around the little structure to the side (all on the same ramp)

blood gulch
from red base: around in the gulch or over the hill?
from blue base: left side on higher ground or right side in the gulch

timberland
from blue base: go to the left and around to the nav or over the hill and through lower grounds?

danger canyon
from blue base: over the ramp directly and turn around or go around and then get the nav?

ice fields
if spawned on the right side: go the left route and manuever around the ice or go to the right then left directly through the ice?

death island
from red base: over the hill or through the water?

infinity
approach it directly or make a gradual turn from the right?

sidewinder
approach it directly or drive nearer to the sides of the map?

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: best routes in the start of a game
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 02:58:29 AM »
To be honest Jeff, i cannot give a single answer. Every route you have posted above is legal, however different routes are required for different circumstances.

Sometimes your team will be behind and you will need to catch up. The best way to catch up is often by killing opponents, and therefore you would take the path that maximizes the time you are able to fire at the opposing team. Often that route changes as your enemies may be in different positions and require different nav points. Sometimes you may wish to avoid enemies and therefore you will take the route that you will most likely not meet enemies, again this route may change. Sometimes you will have a rocket hog, others a chain hog, sometimes a gunner, sometimes none. There is no single answer to your question.

All i can say is to be aware of where your teammates and enemies are when you race. This will enable you to make the right decisions in order for you to do better individually and for your team to win.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Print