Print 

Author Topic: which hog do I go for?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Chevizzer

• Newbie Poster
  • Formerly Chevalier
which hog do I go for?
« on: July 31, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
Howdy,
I was in a Sidewinder server today and I spawned near one of the bases in the vicinity of two hogs. There were already two of my teammates fighting an enemy over the hogs, which ended in the two teammates taking the farther of the hogs and starting to enter the tunnel to the other nav. The enemy took the hog closest to me and started to drive off. I naded the hog (point blank, it was so close) and killed the other guy. I then drove off.

My question is, should I have attempted to flag my teammates down in the other hog, or just take the closest hog like I did? It is my personal experience that many drivers I have encountered choose not to take passengers, even when I fire off a burst. I thought that if I tried to go after my teammates, who were already halfway in the tunnel entrance, I would likely lose the chance to hog jack the other hog nearby. I hog jacked, and was subsequently told that I should have gone for the other hog. There was an admin in the server, but she was not around the area. The server didn't seem like the best place to argue or pursue this question anyway, as explaining would have clogged up the comments section. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated, thanks, and I hope I explained it well enough.  :)

Note: I didn't feel mentioning the admin's name in a thread like this would be appropriate, but if any officer needs the name for clarification or anything, just PM me and I'll tell you.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:02:28 PM by Chevalier »
“I’ll tell you who your enemy is gentlemen: apathy, passivity, indifference. And yes, uh, also those red guys.” -- Captain Butch Flowers from RvB

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
--Former U.S. President Abraham Lincoln

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: which hog do I go for?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »
The most efficient way for a team to race is to pair up in hogs...by pair up I specifically mean 2 players per hog.  You are not expected or required to take a passenger seat when you have another hog available.  In your case it was fine for you to see that your teammates were paired up and driving away and for you to fight for the hog that was left.  There are times though when it may be advantageous to not start a fight (that you are sure to loose) and take the passenger seat if it is available.  By that I am just trying to say that just because you can attack does not always mean you should.  Your focus should not be on "am I allowed to fight?" it should be on "what is the best thing I can do to help my team win this race?".  Sometimes the answer is to fight, sometimes the answer is to run...fast!!  It sounds to me like, in your situation, I would have done the exact same thing you did.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print