Print 

Author Topic: Servers missing in multiplayer...Mac question  (Read 1295 times)

Offline der Pudel

• Newbie Poster
Servers missing in multiplayer...Mac question
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:31:58 PM »
Hey all,
For about the last week when I select multiplayer, then Internet, and get the Internet lobby page(the one that will list all the servers currently available after selecting "get list"), I only get about 5 servers with players in them. All the rest have zero players and no BFM servers show up at all(there are a number of other servers that I have used frequently that don't show up either). I'm using a IMac 2GHZ. I have checked the "filters" page and have not changed settings recently. Any ideas?
Thanks for any help.
Jek Porkins(Red Six)

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: Servers missing in multiplayer...Mac question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 01:35:48 PM »
You might check out >>This Page<<

Most servers have been updated with a patch, and you'll need the new patch to be able to play on them.

Edit:  Just saw this was a Mac question.  I don't know if this would solve the problem if you're on a mac.  Might have to get in touch with some BFM's that use those... "macs" :P
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 04:20:53 PM »

Actually, you want the thread about the 1.08 update for Macs.

Your problem is likely that you haven't updated, and now all you see are the other people (like you!  ::) ) that haven't found out about/gotten and applied the 1.08 update for Macs!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Fender

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:03:08 PM »
Thanks for referring to that link, Mxy.

Here's a copy-and-paste of the most relevant info in the thread that Mxy so kindly referenced:

MacSoft (Destineer Studios) has now released a patch for Mac that will bring Halo UB up to speed with the PC 1.08 patch.  The Halo UB patch is 2.0.3.

If you are running an older version of Halo for PowerPC (1.5.2) you will first need to upgrade to Halo UB. It costs $5.00 from MacGameStore.com.  Here's the latest news from Destineer Studios:

Halo 2.0.3 software update (Universal Binary Version)

This update will update the 2.0 and 2.0.2 versions of Halo to 2.0.3. Issues addressed in this update:

* Mac Universal Binary build is now in sync with PC version 1.08.
    * Server-related crashing security bugs have been addressed.
    * Disc check removed.

This update also improves performance for PowerPC based systems and some Intel systems, fixes graphical errors, custom multiplayer game type issues and also allows the program to run properly from a case-sensitive drive.

This update works ONLY with the Universal Binary version.

If you have the PPC version, we currently do not have an update. We're evaluating the option of a PPC update, but currently do not have a timeframe for that decision. If you would rather not wait you can download the UB for $5 from MacGameStore and apply the 2.0.3 update.

Go here to download the Halo UB 2.0.3 update:
http://www.destineerstudios.com/support/halo.html

Offline Ben-BSH

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »
Your problem is likely that

I shall keep quiet :P

Print