Print 

Author Topic: Smokin  (Read 7200 times)

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
Re: Smokin
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 01:46:19 PM »
for those who don't have the willpower to quit for yourself, try quitting for someone you love....I have seen that motivation work before........My wife is a great example ...she found it very hard to quit as she had smoked for many years...but when we had children, she did not want them to see her smoking as they might think it to be ok because mommy does. She quit for that reason and has been smoke free for about 7 years.

That was my main motivation. I started chewing when I was 8...my neighbors got me started! They were all older than 16 and must have thought it would be cool to get me chewing...haha. Same ones that our macro keys are for now  :haw: Anyway, I quit at 30 when the kids were old enough to start figuring out what I was doing. Smoke free eight years YAY! Thanks kids  ;D

Offline zagwa

• Junior Poster
  • my rock of doom!
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 05:03:29 PM »
im a non-smoker.......im into sports big time so i don't plan on smoking at all!any way every time you smoke it takes off one day of your life

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »
for those who don't have the willpower to quit for yourself, try quitting for someone you love....I have seen that motivation work before........My wife is a great example ...she found it very hard to quit as she had smoked for many years...but when we had children, she did not want them to see her smoking as they might think it to be ok because mommy does. She quit for that reason and has been smoke free for about 7 years.

That was my main motivation. I started chewing when I was 8...my neighbors got me started! They were all older than 16 and must have thought it would be cool to get me chewing...haha. Same ones that our macro keys are for now  :haw: Anyway, I quit at 30 when the kids were old enough to start figuring out what I was doing. Smoke free eight years YAY! Thanks kids  ;D

Age 8?!?!

What horrible neighbors they were. haha.

Congrats on the 8 years Zilla, keep it going!!

Offline Qui-Gon Jinn

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 09:06:20 PM »
I dont smoke.  I hate the smell of smoke.  And I would hate to subject anyone to it.  Also, the folks would kill me before I got to the second drag.
See you all late march

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 09:12:58 PM »
I dont even see why teens think it looks cool...it's a roll of smoky paper in your mouth....yea, really cool huh?

anyways, my dad still smokes...he did quit for a while...I dont know why he started again.

I find Chewing even worse...it looks absolutly desgusting....your lips get all brown and swollen, your teeth just fall out by the years.....and think about the people who have to kiss them  :-X

Offline Ratboy

• Regular Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 12:11:55 AM »
EXSMOKER WOOT just quit about 3 weeks ago after smoking for 11 yrs feel great just woke up one day and didnt want to smoke anymore so i quit

Thanks  BFM_Ben and Spood for the awesome sigs!!! Thanks BFM_Slayton for the great team sig and the award sig!!

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 01:32:21 AM »
Age 8?!?!

What horrible neighbors they were. haha.

Congrats on the 8 years Zilla, keep it going!!

Yeah, 8 years old...eeeeek! Forgot to tell, I puked the first time I chewed. You'd of thought I learned my lesson! If your body doesn't like it, take heed!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 02:05:06 AM »
Good work Ratboy :) Good to hear! And good job Zilla too!

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 10:37:02 AM »
200,000 pounds of tax cash goes on removing gum from pavements (side walks (lol sounds like wot a crab does  :)  )) where I live.

Well done ratty, I know where you are at..........2 weeks behind me, you are not going to catch me on that.

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »
I've tried it, to me it was just like breathing air, no taste, feeling, nothing. So I would have been wasting my money, sucking on tasteless paper, slowly killing myself while standing outside being anti-social. No thanks :)
Never touched one since, never will.

That's because you probably didn't INHALE it. Like I did.

Trust me, you'll know when you get a lungful of it...
i know what you mean.  i tried it almost hacked up a lung and my friend tried it with me and barfed. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

• Regular Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 10:36:17 PM »
The trouble is your body is very adaptable and will only after a few goes accept the smoke., That is y smoking is really dangerous.
I do remember coughing my guts up a few times at the beginning, but, I wanted to fit in.

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
  • My middle name is luck,mind you my 1st name is bad
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 08:29:28 AM »
non smoker,I am under age, haven't tried it and I am not planning on doing so either. I hate the smell of the things and what smoking does to your body is unthinkable.

Terrible stats I know but like I said, I am not the greatest xD

T h ank you J ane! !

I never realised these were made for us all those years ago. SO I would like to thank and apologise to Lucky. Your medals are awesome! Thank you and sorry I missed them till now.

Offline Spidey

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »
Tried it, Hated it, Never done it since

Applied for BFM - 12th March 2007
Recieved Vent Access - 2nd May 2007
Recieved Little Tags - 11th May 2007
Recieved Big Tags - 14th June 2007
Promoted to Corporal - 5th June 2008
Stepped down from Promotion - 24th December 2008

• Regular Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »
It is not a good idea to start. I see children smokin, some as young as 10 years old, tis very sad. With that and children giving birth to children these could becom worrying times.

Offline Flip

• Junior Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 03:21:14 PM »
yea, i see alot of people hangin around 7/11 smokin, and theyre still in middle school!  :sad:

Thanks Zagwa!

Print