Print 

Author Topic: End of the world as we know it??  (Read 10497 times)

Offline Max

• Posts Too Much
Re: End of the world as we know it??
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 06:34:25 PM »
I've always wanted to get sucked into a black hole.

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 06:34:36 PM »
i dont think this is at all true.

Offline Snake 3-1-3

• Senior Poster
  • Snake 3-1-3
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »
I've always wanted to get sucked into a black hole.
lol me too  :XD:

Offline Elmo (One and Only)

• Junior Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 07:02:44 AM »
Once again we are endangering the earth and claiming safety:
Quote from: CERN
In the light of new experimental data and theoretical understanding
Keywords being experimental and theoretical.

No sense of proportion or boundaries.

I have a theory.  If everyone was allowed one murder then the world would be a better place.  Theoretical, and with the potential to both do less harm and more good.

Offline Slanzinger

• Regular Poster
  • Wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka...
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 07:27:57 AM »
CC=Elmo: The latest safety report put out says that such collisions occur often in the atmosphere as well, so if something cataclysmic could happen, it would have happened a while ago.
Experimental data means data taken from experiments, and for something to count as "theoretical" in the eyes of science, it must be agreed and ratified; not just a random thought that's popped into someone's head (i.e. if I were to say that a hydra [or indeed, BFM_Hydra] were to come out of this machine when it's switched on, that wouldn't be "theoretical data" - it'd be "complete fruitloopery")
Stephen Hawking also agrees it's safe.

What will happen? I think they will create a resonance cascade, opening up a portal to a planet in an alternate dimention(see here). Afterwards, approximately 20 years(give or take 5-10), We'll all be enslaved by a military faction from an alternate dimention that we will depend on a single person with an HEV suit to help us out of.(see here) ;D

...But thats highly unlikely!
...I hope...::) :XD:

Well, I'm a physics student and will keep my crowbar to hand... But I think we're pretty safe, just as long as there aren't any pale-faced suits with strange speech impediments.

(Even the beards match - good to know that reality imitates fiction!)

errrm a trillion degrees, uno question, HOW WILL a trillion degrees be contained, the melting point of amorphous (carbon based thingy) (top on the list i found) is only like 6 thousand degrees, HELLO, like melt hole problem much????

Nothing for it to put a hole in - it won't be touching the sides of the container.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:48:35 AM by Slanzinger »
wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka wakka...

Offline Ben-BSH

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »
On Wednesday, i will take action!!

I shall..  Duck.

That'll keep me safe! :)

Offline BFM_Skedog

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 10:08:36 AM »
Personally, if none of the really big bad outcomes come true,
then I think it will zap all the power from the nation, causing massive Chaos because of a blackout.

BFM_Skedog

By priceslaytonv at 2011-03-05

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a few seconds, set him on FIRE and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

A GREAT leader has the ability to combine knowledge, passion, caring, and wisdom into a focused energy that perpetuates the desire to do GREAT in those who are following.

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 10:30:32 AM »
see you Thursday folks
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »
What will happen? I think they will create a resonance cascade, opening up a portal to a planet in an alternate dimention(see here).

I like that. What say you Mxy? We'll be able to come visit! ;D

Nah!

Those wormhole/portal/"resonance cascade" thingy's never hold up for very long, and they still only work within your dorky little 3D/4D prison! (You see, just making the step into the 5th D requires that you move BETWEEN 4D UNIVERSES, not within the SAME universe!  :P ...Even if it's "Under DEstruction!"  :muah: )

FYI: have you considered THIS?!?:

I ALREADY KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!

:winkgrin:

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »

Well, it's Wednesday here in NZ, we're all ok.  I'm a bit worried about the rest of you tho  :LOL:

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 12:44:54 PM »
Even if there is a black hole, (which there is a 0.00000001 chance of happening) it will be 1/1000 of the size of a proton.

If they do by chance create a Black Hole and discover Quantum Technology, what will they do next?

Good post Mxy.

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 02:16:20 PM »
We are not going to die  :LOL:  hopefullyy...

~d3struct

Offline Slanzinger

• Regular Poster
  • Wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka...
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 02:24:45 PM »
For anyone interested, by the way, BBC Radio 4 are doing a "Big Bang Day" series of programs tomorrow, with the switch-on taking place at about 8:30 AM BST (British summer time; to compare to your own timezone, it's about 10:25 PM BST as I write this, look at the top of the post to see what time your time this was posted)
I'm pretty sure, if you have Windows Media Player or Realplayer, you can stream Radio 4 outside the UK (Inside it's with their Iplayer in Flash) - from here.
I'll be listening.
wakka wakka wakka Saturn wakka wakka wakka...

Offline BFM_Hlao

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
Hey, 8:30am, that's what time I start school tomorrow morning. At least if there's an apolcalypse, I won't have to go to school. :P

Quote from: Yahoo.co.uk
Some critics say the experiment will create "black holes" of intense gravity that could implode the Earth, or that it will open the way for beings from another universe to invade through a "worm hole" in space-time.

Beings from another universe? This isn't Cardiff Bay we're talking about here. ;)

Offline Slow Bullet

• Junior Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »
Ha i heard they were trying to recreate the big bang theory! heres a tip for you scientist there wasnt one! it was created in 7 days. so what ever these scientist are trying it will be nothing butt a FLOP!

Print