Print 

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 4946 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Spore
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 09:49:13 AM »

Okay. I've played this game quite a bit now. (NOT as much as MoNsTeR tho!  :LOL: )

Here's my take on it:

The Good about Spore: Different, Interesting, and most of all ... INFINITE. Plus there's LOTS of (infinite?!?) "side quests" to do besides just building your empire, too. I've played only one other game (Time of Defiance - which I no longer play, as it's addictive!) where time flies by as it does with Spore.

The Bad about Spore: Crashes. Once you get well into the Space stage it crashes often after several HOURS of play, losing everything you've done since the last save, so manually SAVE OFTEN!

The interfaces get tedious. E.g. Every time you build a Colony you have to choose the building styles, etc. By the looks of it to "complete" this game you'll have to do that nearly a million times.... There's a LOT of tediousness in this game, too, not just that one thing. (Spice gathering; "Shopping sprees" for frequently-used items, like Incredi-Paks and Uber Turrets; Fire-fighting (you'll get used to ignoring a lot of it tho); and just MOVING AROUND once you've built an empire!

You can get "locked in" to your attributes unknowingly. Unless you study the boards out there you can get robbed of attributes from which you'd greatly benefit later on by actions that you take in earlier stages.  (Ya, it's a lot like Darwinism, which is cool, but it's a GAME right?) They tell you that it could "have an effect" but how are you to know WHAT effect?!?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:03:33 AM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
Re: Spore
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 05:22:20 AM »
Sounds like an awesome game might have to get it...

Print