Print 

Author Topic: Mr. Mxy's Halloween Fright Night returns!  (Read 8824 times)

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
Re: Mr. Mxy's Halloween Fright Night returns!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 01:22:15 PM »
that sounds awesome

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
I did a small budget haloween scare a few years ago.  We have two evergreens in our front yard.  I set up a pulley system between my room (directly over the front door) and the trees.  I put a ghost (stryofoam ball with a cover over it and some popsicle sticks for arms) on the lines with its own pulley.
Once they rung the doorbell, I'd let the ghost fly down the line and stop right behind their heads.  They turn around and they'd shriek.   :winkgrin:  I only got a few of them though, I didn't expect to get them all.  Some of them even figured it out before they came to the door (even though I painted the lines dark navy).  It was all fun though.

Keep it up Mxy.  Since you have a reputation around your area, there's really no turning back.

Although I do have to agree, "Sorry, we're not going to scare you this year" does sound a bit suspicious.  Since you're turning off the lights in your house, you could just say "Went to Cancun, sorry".

And last year's prank sounded pretty cool.  You need to do something for Easter now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:19:45 AM by BFM_Goalie »
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline UCANTSEEME

• Senior Poster
  • Mnid pwoer is the olny way to sccuses.
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 07:18:12 PM »
Mxy...

Just a suggestion...

Drop the Ninja and buy THIS!!!!

Sig by Hlao

Big thanks to Geekums and Slayton for the sig!

Offline Steamer

• Regular Poster
    • Juordan River Steamer
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 07:24:50 AM »
Hey  instead of the party poppers  try a skill saw or a chain saw  ,  take the blade or chain out of it, heheheheheehehehehehehe  it works  great,  and if you touch them with it while jumping out   they will hit the ground, for some strange reaon people legs just give out on them,  hehehehehehee
My christmas lights ( so cool )2008/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpX1roHhmek

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 11:00:16 PM »
Back when I was a kid, I went to this one house and there was a scarecrow sitting on a chair with a bucket of candy and a sign that read 'Not home, please take only 1 piece'. And ofcourse, my next door neighbor reaches in the bucket for a handful of candy (yeah right we will take one piece). and all of a sudden the scare crow jumped up and scared us lol.

The dude truely looked like a scarecrow, it really scared me when he jumped up...
Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 12:05:14 PM »
Back when I was a kid, I went to this one house and there was a scarecrow sitting on a chair with a bucket of candy and a sign that read 'Not home, please take only 1 piece'. And ofcourse, my next door neighbor reaches in the bucket for a handful of candy (yeah right we will take one piece). and all of a sudden the scare crow jumped up and scared us lol.

The dude truely looked like a scarecrow, it really scared me when he jumped up...

'Did that one looong ago.  Got kicked too much. (And I wouldn't give the satisfaction of flinching when kicked, either!!  :muah: )

'Opted for "Halloween Ninja" outfit, stealth & misdirection ever since, and have no plans to ever turn back now!

'Course there WAS that one year that I dug a full-sized grave in my front yard ....

::)

(Yes, I HID IN THE GRAVE and jumped out at folks!)

;D

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »

Well, our rainy season (okay, more like "that time of year when is sprinkles AT ALL::) ) started already, and it's sprinkling now and gonna last thru Monday.

There go my (kids') Halloween plans!  :'(

If it's only sprinkling out I may at least try my scare tactics, but it's not gonna get filmed for y'all... Sorry!  :-\

'Guess it was prescient of me to "tone it down" this year, eh??  :winkgrin:

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 08:09:03 PM »

Wow.  It's after 8PM here, and I think the sprinkles kept everyone away: We've had a group aof a dozen-odd almost preschoolers and 4 teenage guys.

Booor-RING!

And boy am I glad I dumbed it down (Heh. AS I WROTE THIS a 10-year old kid showed up!) this year!

Played the spooky music outside, set up a table 12' inside the front door with a dry-ice cauldron, two punkins and our huge, full wicker candy basket.  Ran some string to the door handle and a long bit around the room (behind all the stuff on the tble, out of sight) and left the door unlatched but pushed shut.

When they rang the doorbell I sllloooowwwwlllllyyyyy pulled the door open by the string so they could see the table of stuff and candy basket. Then when they stepped inside I leaned out (no jumping or nothin', mind you!) from the other side (string, remember?) and said "BOO!" in a not-so-loud voice.

Amazingly this scared the living daylights out of every single one of them!  (Even more so the teenage guys that were jabberin' about me being behind the door and all... WHICH I WASN'T!  So I was effectively BEHIND them when they started coming in the door....  PWND!

And YES, I even did this to the little kindergartners, too! (But only because they were with adults who were right there too.... I'm not trying to give them nightmares you know!! ... Just stronger little hearts!  :siderofl: )

Technically it's "over" at 9PM here, so we're going to have a LOT of leftover candy to eat, er, donate to some wonderful cause! (And I was giving it out by the HANDFULS, too!)

I never even got any of the Halloween decoration bins out of storage either, and am I ever GLAD!

So sorry, no video... not even any big deal this year, either.  :-\  :'(

(To make up for this bust, maybe I should be the Easter Bunny for my old neighborhood's Easter Egg hunt next spring and rent that bunny suit they used (for Frank) in Donnie Darko?  :muah:  :muah:   :muah: )

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 08:13:33 PM »
Lol Mxy!

We had a total of 2 groups of people show up trick-or-treating. Not all that big here. :D

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »
Haha...Sounds fun, even if nobody showed up :'(

They used to go until 11pm here, the older ones.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline HogZlla

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 01:34:35 AM »
Sorry bout your rain Mxy  :sad:

We had a beautiful night here!!! About 150 kids or so. We set up a table outside with candy on it, and I stood there in my Grim Reaper's outfit welcoming the guests. A lot of the little kids were too scared or almost too scared to come up the sidewalk. We tried not to scare these kids, but the other ones... :muah: Mxy's leaf blower gave us an idea. We took this huge box and put the leaf blower in it. We left a little hole in the top and bunched some streamers on top of it. I would tell the kids to take three if they dared and direct them to the candy. Zagwa or Meeelisa would be just inside and turn on the power strip to set the blower in action at just the right time. We got some pretty good screams  :LOL: The best was when the family of about ten came. I wasn't going to scare them, but one of the older kids asked what happened if he took more than three candies. I said "Ghosts and Goblins arise" and Meeelisa turned it on. The whole family jumped back ten feet and started screaming! It was great. We can't wait till next year  :muah:

Offline BFM_LËÕ

• Sergeant
  • Brohoof
    • My Sigs
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 01:57:31 AM »
a total of 2  ppl tryed trick or treeting at my house after the first on i sat in my car in reverse an when the next one came i turned the car on and revved it heeps  :muah: he thaught i was gona run him over and he ran down the street   :evil: i had my fun 

PS: BFM_LEO in no way condones chase killing in real cars  :P
There is no Them. There are only facets of Us.

Offline Soz 0wned U

• Senior Poster
  • ^ Back When It neared 1000.
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 03:26:14 AM »
lol... Someone did this to me when i was in the states. IT WAS MXY!!!!!!!! XD :Words: :Words:

-22/4/09-

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »

>WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!<

Ancient Thread Revival in progress!

Given the poor turnout last year, I'm going with the SAME THING again this year, soas to not put myself out for nothing!
(And since so few turned up, they'll all be Fresh Meat for the "repeat" prank they never saw!  :muah: )

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 09:07:04 PM »
(And since so few turned up, they'll all be Fresh Meat for the "repeat" prank they never saw!  :muah: )

Evil :P

Print