Print 

Author Topic: Congrats Barack Obama  (Read 11114 times)

Offline BFM_Hlao

• Posts Too Much
Re: Congrats Barack Obama
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 11:08:58 AM »
His quote makes me think one thing... (sorry for this, my sister is making me say it lol) Bob the Builder

Congrats Obama, Scoop, Plunk and Dizzy, and Rolly too. ;D

I think that Obama has a lot of support outside of the U.S. too. :)

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 11:26:10 AM »
I think that Obama has a lot of support outside of the U.S. too. :)

After watching the news, I would say "a lot" is an understatement! It truly shows how dire our position in relationship with the world truly was and still is. This is just the first step of rebuilding burnt bridges of friendship and that's one of the best things I liked about Obama: his pledge to improve that relationship with diplomacy and willingness to at least listen and try to understand better. A vast majority of the world was celebrating last night which is simply amazing.  :keke: :toot:
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul. Hope you like what you see....."

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 11:26:17 AM »
It is in fact appropriate to offer public congratulations to President elect Obama for his win last night as long as this does not turn into a nasty political debate....which it has not so thank you all for that.  I have no problem saying that I am a conservative individual so I wish that McCain would have won but, as others have said, now it's time to get on with our lives and act as patriots.  He deservs congrats on his win as well as our wishes and prayers for support.

My thoughts exatly :)

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »
Man, I'm so tired of this election, I'm glad it's finally "Done", geez, all I heard at school for the last week was people arguing about it, I"M SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARJUFHFFOIHWE*)DWH!!!!!

anyways, Good Job to Barack  :-X

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 01:15:01 PM »
It's gunna be a long 4 years...
agreed

but i wish him the best of luck and hope his policies work. as McCain was saying we need to come together and help ourselves in fixing America.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »

It was going to be a long 4 years regardless.  A lot of stuff to sort out.

It's been a much longer 8 years IMO.  Thought it would never end. 

After watching the news, I would say "a lot" is an understatement! It truly shows how dire our position in relationship with the world truly was and still is. This is just the first step of rebuilding burnt bridges of friendship and that's one of the best things I liked about Obama: his pledge to improve that relationship with diplomacy and willingness to at least listen and try to understand better. A vast majority of the world was celebrating last night which is simply amazing

Couldn't have said it better. 

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »
I have to say that against my parents' wishes, I voted for Obama.  They, and the rest of the county I live in, is almost completely Republican.  I didn't vote for him because he was from Illinois, nor because he is bi-racial, nor because Illinois is a very democratic state.  I voted for him because his thoughts and values coincided with mine.

But I do have to say one thing...
Bush is still in for another 2 and 1/2 months... :-\

I also agree with Booyah.  We have to continue moving, we shouldn't stay in the shadows of Nov. 4th.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 02:25:14 PM »
:)

I live in Canada so I couldn't vote for him.  But he's definatively the man of the situation in my opinion.

I'm going to leave my congratulation to him here as I think he deserve it.

Congrats O8ama

:)

As a Canadian I couldn't vote either but we should always be concerned about who is running the "store-next-door".

I go the other way though, and would have voted McCain.

Congratulations should always be extended to the winner, but I will also congratulate McCain on his efforts and hard work as he deserves the same consideration for his hard work IMO.

Enough politics :) 

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »
Enough politics :)

In 2 years it'll start back up again, so don't get to comfortable. :P
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:36:54 PM by BFM_Brick »
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 02:32:52 PM »
In 2 years it'll start back up again, so don't get to comfortable. :P

What's funny is that a week ago i watched a news report on how there was so many people that were SO into this election and following it intensely that they were worried about cases of actual "election withdrawal" after it is over and people suffering from depression as a result! So here's to them: Don't worry.. just 2 more years!  :winkgrin:

Personally though, for myself I'm glad it is over... no more political ads! WOOT!
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul. Hope you like what you see....."

Offline Vincitore

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 03:04:03 PM »
Ye, well done Obama.  :toot: I hoped he would win, but we will see how he does.

Offline Noodles

• Senior Poster
  • (:
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 03:11:12 PM »
Well. I'm glad that Obama won. I truly think he is right for the job. I also did watch the victory speech. Oh and Shakur, very Creative. 08'ama. :D

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 03:14:53 PM »

Congrats to him and all, but thank god it is over, it took up way to much of news over here and I got sick of hearing about it :D
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline BarbeBleue

• Junior Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 04:17:53 PM »
Well. I'm glad that Obama won. I truly think he is right for the job. I also did watch the victory speech. Oh and Shakur, very Creative. 08'ama. :D

Thank you, but I found it creative as well when I saw it painted on some walls of my hometown (Montréal, Québec)  :XD:
Barbe  - french for Beard
Bleue - french for Blue

might also remember me as Shakur

Offline Noodles

• Senior Poster
  • (:
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 04:22:18 PM »
*sigh* This day will go down into history. Lets just hope not infamously...

Oh, I hope not! Obama will be fine though I think. :)

Print