Print 

Author Topic: Driver Self-Defense  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Ledgo

• Junior Poster
Driver Self-Defense
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »
Just a fast question.

Can drivers without gunners or passengers get out to defend when a warthog who is on the same nav is attacking them with a gunner?

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Driver Self-Defense
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »
You betcha!!  How's that for a quick answer? :P

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Ledgo

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »
Awesoume :D

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »
I have a little more time on my hands now than I did before so let me elaborate just a little.  Self defense is always allowed.  The trouble we have sometimes is players who so loosely interpret self defense that their actions boarder on un-needed slayer.  Any player, including solo drivers, can return a direct attack that puts their own life in danger.  There are plenty of circumstances where you may receive a random bullet from across the map; this does not give you the right to jump out of your hog to nade anything that moves.  It also does not count as self defense if you unnecessarily choose to put yourself in the danger to begin with.  For example, you drive a lone hog past an enemy on foot.  He tries to nade you but it does not stick and so you are now well past him and in no real danger form him.  If you choose to turn around and go back to run him over you can't claim self defense because, even though you were legitimately in danger a few moment before, the danger had past and you went back into the line of fire unnecessarily.  So even though what you said is well within the rules we ask all players to honestly evaluate the situation and ask themselves if it is really necessary self defense before jumping out of a racing hog to attack.  Also I don't mean to imply that I am really saying all this directly to you Ledgo, I want everyone reading this to understand the difference between legitimate self defense and using self defense as an excuse to play slayer.  Good question...thanks.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Ledgo

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 12:06:18 PM »
Got it. Self Defense OK when your life is in danger.

Print