Print 

Author Topic: 3.5 jacks not responding?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline BFM_Skedog

• Lieutenant
3.5 jacks not responding?
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:03:05 AM »
Ok, on my laptop, I have two 3.5 jacks/"ports" on the front, where I plug in my Mic and headset.
They are 3.5 ports. When I am not using my laptop, I put it in sleep mode. Most of the time when I wake it up, the ports work just fine. BUT, there are times when I wake it up, and I plug in my mic and Headset, that the ports dont even regonize that I pulgged anything in.
The only way to fix it is to restart my Laptop.
So, does anyone have any idea why this may be happening, and maybe a solution?

BFM_Skedog

By priceslaytonv at 2011-03-05

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a few seconds, set him on FIRE and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

A GREAT leader has the ability to combine knowledge, passion, caring, and wisdom into a focused energy that perpetuates the desire to do GREAT in those who are following.

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
Re: 3.5 jacks not responding?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:42:07 AM »
Not reinitializing properly?
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 01:50:43 PM »

This and similar sorts of issues have a long history with Windoze Sleep and even Hibernate features.

SOMETIMES if you manually DISABLE them BEFORE you sleep/hibernate they will successfully ENABLE thereafter when/if done manually, but as far as I know, the only proven way to make sure they work is to reboot.... Which kinda makes Sleep and Hibernate USELESS, no?!?!

Welcome to Microsoft Winduhz!

::)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Skedog

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 06:52:36 PM »
ok,well I will try to disable it, and see it that helps, thanks for the advice :yesyes:

BFM_Skedog

By priceslaytonv at 2011-03-05

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a few seconds, set him on FIRE and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

A GREAT leader has the ability to combine knowledge, passion, caring, and wisdom into a focused energy that perpetuates the desire to do GREAT in those who are following.

Print