Print 

Author Topic: Spood Sig tutorials using GIMP 2.4!!!  (Read 10407 times)

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
Re: Spood Sig tutorials using GIMP 2.4!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 05:38:46 AM »
ehehe lols.... so Jane hows your sig comin?

Offline Mith

• Posts Too Much
  • Gandalf to the rescue
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 06:06:54 AM »
LOL

And don't spell down to us! >.<

You aussies and your special U and -re... :P

[/spam]

Lol I have to agree.  I don't understand why you spell it like that it enrages me!   :toughguy: ;D

Thanks Vintage, it's awesome!

"Ah, but a man's reach should extend his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

What's this kiwi y'all are talking about?  Sounds like a fruit.
The Journey of Mith
Applied for BFM-March 9, 2008
Given Vent-April 29, 2008
Little Tags-May 26, 2008
Big Tags-July 24, 2008
Corporal-January 8, 2009
Left BFM-July 26, 2009
Little Tags Again-October 26, 2009
Big Tags Again-January 10, 2010
Corporal Again-August 8, 2010

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »
LOL

And don't spell down to us! >.<

You aussies and your special U and -re... :P

[/spam]

Lol I have to agree.  I don't understand why you spell it like that it enrages me!   :toughguy: ;D
Not sure, to be perfectly honest I wish that we spelt it color, because it just reduces all the complication in the english language, and a couple other words, that I can't think of right now
I think its so we sound posh hehe

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 06:20:40 AM »
I got lost as "Create a new layer and paste your render into it." :(

Can't figure out how to paste.

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 06:49:25 AM »
Try right clicking on the render, go to copy, then go back to your sig
Make a new layer and hit ctrl+v

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 06:51:06 AM »
Every time I did that, I just got the moving dotted outline around the thing. No place to paste from file either, or so it seemed...

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 06:55:10 AM »
Ahhh ok, well press the select button, its the square thing and the top left of your tools/paint bucket and other things window and click anywhere, then try and paste it again

Offline Spood

• Junior Poster
  • You lost the Game. ;)
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 08:58:25 PM »
Every time I did that, I just got the moving dotted outline around the thing. No place to paste from file either, or so it seemed...
Okay.I WILL MAKE A TUTORIAL FOR PASTING!!!
Step 1:
Get your image. Right Click and go to Edit>Copy

Step 2:
Go to where you want to paste it and Right Click and go to Edit>Paste

Step 3:
You image should look like this:

Go to you layers window (Press Ctrl+L). You layers window should now look like this:

Press the button I circled.
Your layer window should now look like this:

Your image should look like this:

You should be able to move the image and scale it from there!!!

HOPE THAT HELPS!!!

:rockstar: :chief: -Spfd

Current Fav Song:Hard Times - Paramore :D

Offline Spood

• Junior Poster
  • You lost the Game. ;)
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
#2: Advanced With Brushes!
Firstly you will need to download these brushes:
Brush set 1
Brush set 2
Brush set 3
Brush Set 4
Brush set 5
Go to this link to find out how to install them:
Click Here
Onto the tutorial:
Step 1:
Create a new image with dimensions of 400x150
Fill it with:
White for a lighter sig
Black for a darker sig
You might also want to fill it with white or black due to render color.

I'm using white.

Step 2:
It's render time!!!
I'm using this render:

Make a new layer and paste in your render, resize if necessary. I would suggest using a bigger render as you will need a bigger, good quality version of you're render later.
Pasting in your render early allows you to design the sig around it and it is not as hard to blend it in.

Step 3:
Time to make the background look interesting! Make a new layer and put it under your render layer. Call it 'B Type 1'. Pull out some of the brushes from Brush Set 1. I'm going to use KD_Ultimate_Ed-02-11 and KD_Ultimate_Ed-02-19. Set the FG color to something that will match your render, possibly one of the main colors in you render. THIS WILL BE THE MAIN COLOR OF THE SIG!!! Click a few times around the screen with some different brushes, use the grungy ones. Leave the layer mode alone.

Step 4:
Make another new layer and put it on top on the 'B Type 1'. Call it 'B Type 2'. Change your FG color to black and use a similar brush. I'm using KD_Ultimate_Ed-02-17 right in the middle. Brush so you can still see the other color. Leave the layer mode alone

Step 5:
Make another new layer and put that on top of the 'B Type 2' Layer. Call it whatever you want. I called it White Thingy! Change you FG color to white and make a click at the main point of the sig. I'm using the brush KD_Ultimate_Ed-02-63. Change the layer mode to overlay and leave the opacity.

You're layers should now look like this:

Step 6:
Make a new transparent layer and put it on the top of all layers. Call it 'Clouds'. Select a brush from Brush Set 2. Click a few times near the top to represent clouds. Make sure you do brush some over the render, not too much though. I'm using brushes SentGFXCldGmg1-13, SentBFXCldGmg1-3, SentGFXCldGmg1-11, SentGFXCldGmg1-2. Leave the layer mode alone.

Step 7:
Go to:
Edit>Copy Visible and Paste as Layer. Rename that layer (Copied Layers) 'Full BG 1'. Move this layer so it is underneath the render layer.

Step 8:

Make a new layer called 'II B Type 1'. Move it above the 'Full BG 1' layer. Change you're FG to what it was in Step 3 and change your brush back to Brush Set 1. Click a few times around the sig. I'm using brushes KD_Ultimate_Ed-02-84 and KD_Ultimate_Ed-02-81. Now go to Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur ad set both to 5 (which is the automatic I think). Leave the layer mode alone.

Step 9:
Now we get to start work on the front area of the sig!!!Make a new layer ABOVE the render layer but BELOW the Clouds layer, and call it 'F Type 1'. Whip out the Ad-Hero brushes (Brush Set 5) and make your FG Black, click a few times around the sig. Change your FG color to white and on the same layer make a few more clicks. Change your FG color back to Black and click a few more times around the sig. Then set the layer mode to OVERLAY.

Step 10:
Make a another new layer and put it below the clouds layer but above the F Type 1 layer. Call it 'F Type 2'. Make your FG color Black and get the Fractal brushes from Brush Set 3 ready! I'm using brushes InsaneFractalSet1-08 InsaneFractalSet1-04 InsaneFractalSet1-05 InsaneFractalSet1-06 InsaneFractalSet1-07 Click a few clicks around the entire sig and set the layer mode to OVERLAY.

Step 11:
Make again another new layer and put it above the F Type 2 layer and call it 'F Type 3'. Make your FG color White and choose another brush. I'm using brushes InsaneFractalSet1-08 InsaneFractalSet1-04 InsaneFractalSet1-05 InsaneFractalSet1-06 InsaneFractalSet1-07 InsaneFractalSet1-09 InsaneFractalSet1-01. Make a few more clicks around the sig and set that layer mode to OVERLAY.

Step 12:
Make another new layer and move it above all the layers. Call it 'F Type 4'. Make sure your FG color is white and make a click or two around the top area where you want the sig to blend in and add texture. I'm using brushes InsaneFractalSet1-04 and InsaneFractalSet1-06 to try and blend the clouds. Set the layer mode to OVERLAY.

Step 13:
If you scaled your render down get the original and paste it into a new layer, I called it Render2. Put the layer on top of all the others. If it still to big, scale it a little so it is slightly bigger than the other one. Move the render so it is to one side of the other render and set the layer mode to OVERLAY at 80%, if you can't even see it change the opacity so it is closer to 100%. I left mine on 100%

Step 14:
If  your sig is looking a bit plain for coloring. We're going to fix that. Go to Edit>Copy Visible and Paste as Layer. Call it 'Color'. There are two types of coloring in Gimp.
Colorize - Go Colors>Colorize. Experiment with the sliders until you get a color that matches your render reasonably well, then Lighten it up to about 20 on the slider and click 'OK'. Set this layer to Overlay at 100%. Now select your Render Layer, go Layer>Transparency>Alpha To Selection. Now select your Color layer and go Edit>Clear.
Gradient Map - Set your FG and BG colors to the two main colors of your render. Now go Colors>Map>Gradient Map. Set this layer to Overlay at 100%.
Gradient Mapping is used for adding a more subtle amount of color whereas Colorizing is used to add a significant amount. I'm using Gradient Map as I don't want to change that much!

Step 15:
Now time for the text. I'm using a font called Space Patrol. Click the big T and then type in what you want. You can adjust the size by double click the T and then sliding the slider or pressing the arrows. You can also adjust the color that way as well. I'm using a color that matches my sig. Now to make the text look my prominent.
Step 16:
Go to the layers menu, right click on your text layer and go Alpha to Selection. Make a new layer and call it 'Text Border'. Put it below the text layer. Change you FG color to Black and the go to Select>Grow by either 1,2 or 3 pixels, for my text I'm using 2.

Then get your bucket tool. Click inside the grown area to fill it with black. Then go to Select>None to finish it off. If you don't like where the text is you can merge the text layer with its background by right clicking on the text layer and then going to Merge Down.

You can then rename your text layer what you typed for the text.
Step 17:
Now to add scanlines.
To make scanlines open up a 2x2 image with a transparent background.

Zoom in to 1600% by clicking down the bottom where it has a percentage, it should be 100% and you shouldn't see anything really. Click the arrow and choose other. A little box will come up. Type in 16 where the 1 is and press Okay.

Now make your FG color Black. Go to your brushes window and choose the brush, Circle 1 (3x3) and make a line across the top.

Go to File>Save as and save as HorizontalScanlines.pat but don't press okay yet. Find your GIMP folder and go to patterns, save it in there.

Another box will come up, Type Horizontal Scanlines and press save

You have now made the scanlines.
Open the patterns window and refresh it.
Step 18:
Make a new layer called Scanlines. Open the tool options for the paintbucket and choose fill with pattern. Choose your scanlines, fill the image with the scanlines and set layer mode as OVERLAY.

Step 19:
Add a border. Make a new layer, call it 'Border'. Press Ctrl+A to select everything. Edit>Stroke Selection. Make sure you're main color is black. change the stroke to 10, press stroke, change your FG to white, do the stroke selection thingy again, change the stroke to 8 and stroke. change your FG to black and stroke selection and change it to 6 and stroke. Change the layer mode to overlay.
Step 20:
Go to you layers window and then Right Click, flatten image and ta-da!!!
Save your image as a .png and your done.

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 11:28:23 PM »
Nice, spood!

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 12:00:28 AM »
Very nice tut the Spood and with it I made this!

Offline D:

• Junior Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 09:37:41 AM »
wow spood you got some good tutorials :neckbeard: :neckbeard:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:38:58 PM by bfm_Basanio »

Thx Mc§kittles

Offline Spood

• Junior Poster
  • You lost the Game. ;)
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 12:55:35 AM »
Well, you have to open the image in GIMP and copy it from there!!!

Offline Soz 0wned U

• Senior Poster
  • ^ Back When It neared 1000.
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 12:36:12 AM »
Spood. See your making Sigs for people and i made one for you. First ever image made with gimp.  Ussaly i use Cs2 :).

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2weg9kh.jpg[/img]

-22/4/09-

Offline Spood

• Junior Poster
  • You lost the Game. ;)
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 01:06:11 AM »
TY soz. :hug: :high five:

I'll work on some new tutorials soon!

Print