Print 

Author Topic: Walking on Infinity  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
Walking on Infinity
« on: January 10, 2009, 03:23:40 PM »
I was racing on Infinity and someone was walking to the 2nd nav because no hogs were available.  A BFM admin said he could not walk this map even if no hogs are present for you to take.

I looked at the Rules and really didn't say anything like that......

"On Infinity, you may go back and forth to either side of the large structure at red base to check for hogs until one appears (or until a team mate picks you up, or you are able to hijack an enemy hog). You may also do the same at the back of the large structure, using team chat ("Y") to ask for pickup. Don't wait in the near vicinity of the flag—that is camping."

I was aware that you COULD walk until you see a hog, I thought it was under the saying "keep moving to the next nav"

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Walking on Infinity
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 05:20:20 PM »
Because of the nature of the race course on Infinity we learned a long time ago that attempting walk the course is a real bad idea.  We wrote into the rules one exception to take this into account.  On every other map and at every other time you would be correct, you must always be making progress to your next nav even if you are on foot but, as you can see from the rules, there is one exception.  You simply must make sure that you are not "camping" the score nav on Infinity, rather you should be continuously moving from one side of the base to the other watching for hogs to spawn.  If while doing this an enemy hog crosses through the base before any other hogs have respawned then you are allowed to try to jack that enemy hog.  Because this is an "exception" to a rule we try to give a little more leeway on players for not being aware of it...but that admin was correct when they gave you that advice.  You learn something new every day huh?  Feel free to ask more questions if you think you may not be understanding what we are meaning by this rule.  See you on the tracks.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
Re: Walking on Infinity
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 06:57:47 PM »
Ok, thanks Booyah.

Print