Print 

Author Topic: .::The Forgotten Blue::.  (Read 1152 times)

Offline JuliquE

• Newbie Poster
    • Diverging from the Believable
.::The Forgotten Blue::.
« on: January 16, 2009, 08:17:42 AM »
Had a few chats about a mod to enable spawns at both bases on Infinity, with a few among your membership here.. something we've been using for a time now over in -db- land.

Player and vehicle spawns are split down the middle of each base. Since blue base hasn't any accommodation for hogs to the left of it, the right side spawn points have been alloted there.. leaving that of the left side to red base.

There are pros and cons about both versions (original vs. modded), but I think you have enough servers to leave a few with the traditional style if you'd so choose. Note that for this to make any sense, you'll need to break away from normal nav. placement, having all navs. visible at once (oh, the horror).

Would like to officially extend this for your consideration here at BFMracing, having noticed some demand for it as of late. Officers may request the file via PM, and feel free to cosign here on this initiative if interested.

My apologies if this is found to be in the wrong section, but I thought it fitting. From a different perspective, however, I might have been mistaken; if so, please relocate. :)

Enjoy a long and awkward stare HERE.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
Re: .::The Forgotten Blue::.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 08:47:29 AM »
Eyup mi' lad.
I thought about doing this a while back before BFM were around, good to see its actually been done!

But you say Blue base wont spawn hogs on the left?  I would have thought you could just move some of the vehicle spawn points over? I maybe mistaken but when i was messing around with Spark Edit eons ago, i could have sworn i could move and even "copy and paste" the vehicle spawn points? (Could only C&P each existing vehicle spawn point once though for it to work?) Was years ago now though and memory aint clear but it did feel as though more hogs were spawning than normally allowed to. Used to host the mod on my old Halo-X stunt server.

I wanna go redownload SE and try it again.  ;D

Wow, you musta deleted first post about this just as i had replied, then i replied again and then it got moved, i just been sat here mega confused for a few seconds.  :LOL:

Offline JuliquE

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 08:53:19 AM »
Heh, yeah.. it appears to have been moved.

Anyway.. when facing the flag at blue base, there's not space on the left for hogs to spawn as they would at red base (have another look, you'll see what I mean).

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 09:29:10 AM »
I really like this idea. I've often wondered why they setup the race excluding Blue base as a starting point. It would REALLY make the jump in the middle exciting, maximizing contact, and seem to eliminate the nade fest starts.

I believe we have a no mod map policy, so I'll have to check this out at db one day.

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »
Ah, i see what you mean.  :keke:

Offline JuliquE

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »
I had wanted to leave you to make your own judgements, but I suppose it won't hurt to share a bit from my experiences.

It does eliminate much of the slayer-play at the start, something most appreciated with settings of unlimited 'nades enabled.

You'll also find that with any order nav. points, people tend to leave out the jump.. shaving an avg. of ten seconds from their lap time in so doing.

One strategy used is that when I don't see enemies after switching directions a time or two (dubious), I'll go over the jump if I've a taste for blood.. this assuring that I'll see them no matter their choice route. That said, I don't think you'll see much action at the jump, but taking it may prove instrumental for you in initiating confrontation.

Must say, even at risk of sounding perverse, I do sometimes miss the chaos upon map start on Infinity; hence we've only applied this to our server number one (if you wanted to give it a go).

Print