Print 

Author Topic: Kitten Help!(Need help convincing JRock that cats are good pets)  (Read 7847 times)

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
Re: Kitten Help... A little convincing? (Rescue an animal today!)
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 06:26:35 AM »
Cats are amzing animals!!!!!!! I have had cats all my life and the two I have now I love.
We rescued them when they were 8 weeks old and they were so small their heads were the largest part of their body,
but now a year on they're healthy but still small cats I love them!!!!!!!!!!!They will change your life, you will be a slave tbh...>.<
who cares I love em'!!!!!! 

Offline RCS

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 06:33:36 AM »
 ^^!
   I meant roam around outside.  And i was less concerned about how the cat does outside, and more concerned about the negative effect that free ranging cats have on their neighborhoods. I think that your plan to introduce it to the house is good. When we took in my SIL's cat many years ago, we had two dogs. We set her food ,water and litter box up in the spare bedroom where the dogs wouldn't get at them, and let her  take her time to adjust to the new surroundings. It took a month or so for her to get used to the dogs, but they ended up playing together.

Offline Noodles

• Senior Poster
  • (:
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »
ROFL!

RCZ, I didnt understand what you were saying! lolololol

Yeah. The kitten wouldnt be able to be outside on her/his own.

xsix, those are the kinds of words I hear alot about. To be honest, and no offence to anyone. Any animals attitude and behavior is based on how well the owner treats it. Cats are very smart, and unlike dogs can focus on more then one thing at a time.

Offline meeelisa

• Senior Poster
  • Nobody ever died of Laughter!
Re: Kitten Help!(Need help convincing JRock that cats are good pets)
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »
How is the kitty campaign going?
We were at the animal shelter yesterday and spent about an hour in the cat room.  It was so much fun and all the different personalities.  We had fun with them, talking about them and just watching how they interacted with us and the other kitties.  If our cat didn't loathe other cats as she does, we might have come home with another kitty.

I must also add the dogs, where we spent an hour as well.  They are a great joy to play with and so sweet.  Right now my favorites are Prince and Princess.  Prince is a deaf dalmation is Princess is his penmate.  I am not sure her breed, but they are quite a pair.  They are trying to adopt them out together.  Right next to them was a sheperd and he wanted to herd us all so much.  Poor thing, he just paced and barked.  One of the dogs at the shelter had had it's throat slit and last time we were there, she was in isolation.   When I wen to her cage yesterday, she cowered at first, then chased and licked her bowl most of the time I was in there, all while wagging her tail.  It was really sweet.
Thanks Fanatic!!

You have the right to remain silent.  Anything you say can be misquoted and used against you.

Offline D:

• Junior Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 09:36:53 AM »
i had a cat once i hate it they always need attention lolz :P also dogs are cute let me take a pic of mine :)

Thx Mc§kittles

Offline Ben-BSH

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 08:17:32 AM »

And sometimes, they look evil, like there about to attack your computer!  :evil:

Offline meeelisa

• Senior Poster
  • Nobody ever died of Laughter!
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 03:40:23 PM »
Cute kitty!
Thanks Fanatic!!

You have the right to remain silent.  Anything you say can be misquoted and used against you.

Offline Mith

• Posts Too Much
  • Gandalf to the rescue
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »
I have got to say cats ftw (nothing against dog lovers).  Every day I come home from school she runs up and meows and greats me I love it! ;D  She loves to lay in the sun on the floor and windowsills.  This her:

Here name is Jasmine and I love her!  :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard:
I also think cats are cleaner and just in general easier to take care of.  I love cats what can I say?  ;D

Thanks Vintage, it's awesome!

"Ah, but a man's reach should extend his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

What's this kiwi y'all are talking about?  Sounds like a fruit.
The Journey of Mith
Applied for BFM-March 9, 2008
Given Vent-April 29, 2008
Little Tags-May 26, 2008
Big Tags-July 24, 2008
Corporal-January 8, 2009
Left BFM-July 26, 2009
Little Tags Again-October 26, 2009
Big Tags Again-January 10, 2010
Corporal Again-August 8, 2010

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 04:34:43 PM »
Cats are definitely easier to take care of, but the kind of love they have (if it is actually love) wouldn't exist if it wasn't for you feeding and/or petting it.

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 09:25:04 PM »
Except you can say that about interactions with humans with different things for feeding and/or petting.

Cats are the best pet there is. Assuming you're a good owner, the animal will be very well-behaved. I've always been able to understand how best to raise my cat and how to act towards her, so she is a very good cat. My sister's cat isn't that way because of how she raised her, but I've been fixing that :P But yeah, I only can do that because I'm a pretty logical person, so you'll have to be able to understand how doing certain things will affect your cat's personality and behaviors if you do get one. I will miss my cat when I go to college :'(
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 02:00:53 AM »
My cat was the best pet, after my dog. It's the pet with the least maintenance. Her litter box was pristine; she used my neighbor's yard (...and house). She kept a clean dish since she never ate at home. She's gone all day and would only venture home several days a week. If I accidentally locked her in the house, she would show her appreciation by urinating on the carpet, the sofa, my bed, etc. One day she left for good (must've been peer pressure), but she did leave behind fleas and allergies. If you do get a cat, remember there is a difference between house cats and undomesticated alley cats. My cat had been abandoned by its mother and her instincts were wild.
[img

Offline BFM_Hlao

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 08:51:23 AM »
My family currently owns 3 cats, and I have had cats for my whole life, always in pairs of siblings. The first pair (Dandy and Beano), were tabbies rescued from an RSPCA shelter. They must've been around 8 or 9 years old when I was born, and they both lived very good, long lives for cats. I believe Dandy was 17 and Beano 18 when they died. They were such gorgeous, friendly cats, although they weren't really into playing because for the time I knew them they could pretty much be considered OAPs :P. Beano would always sit outside the front door to greet us when we came home from school. :) I still miss them both.

My second lot were also rescued - though I can't remember where my parents said they were from. We were initially going to get a pair of tabby males from our local vet, but unfortunately they were underweight and didn't make it. Because we were young, my parents didn't have the heart to tell us what happened, so they managed to find another pair in need of a home and we came home from school one Friday afternoon to find a surprise waiting for us. :D Two tabby-and-white kittens, one male, one female. We decided to call them Bud and Stella, and they were just amazing. Bud was a real adventurer, I remember the first time we let them both outside and they didn't come back for hours. :P I won't go into details but sadly we lost both of those kittens within a year or two, we believe due to some sort of hereditory disease.

The cats we currently have are about 5 or 6 years old, adopted from a Cats Protection shelter. They are both sisters and have been together their whole lives, but absolutely LOATHE each other. xD Saffy is fairly timid but can be very affectionate, particularly towards my brother. Patsy is just wild - and bloody huge. Fatsy Patsy. ^_^ They're both crazy and adorable at the same time. Definitely the wildest pair of cats we've had - if you annoy them, they will surely let you know. :P

As if it wasn't bad enough that those two are at war with each other, we ended up with another cat for them to fuel their anger against. When I say we got another cat, that wasn't really how it happened. It was more that he adopted us. :P It started out that we would catch him stealing our cat's food - as soon as he would see one of us he would run away as fast as he could (which wasn't terribly fast, because to start with he had a bit of trouble working the cat-flaps o.o). As he got bolder and we started being nice to him, he started making himself more at home, spending a little longer at our house until eventually he just stopped going to his own house. I don't think he's been "home" now for months, so he's officially ours. :) His name is George, and he's an absolute nutcase. He never fails to crack me up with his quirky ways. :)

OK, enough with the wall of text, picture time. :)

Saffy

Patsy

George

Offline Dragster

• Posts Too Much
  • My parking skillz^
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 09:03:25 AM »
I love dogs.  :winkgrin:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 09:08:51 AM by BFM_Dragster »

Thanks Slayton!!
- Dragster is no NUB. He R teh best!

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 07:44:05 PM »

They gray one is mine.

I have owned a cat my entire life, dogs as well. I prefer cats because they are less expensive to take care of and smaller. I still like dogs, just prefer cats.
Had a few weird ones here and there, very rarely a bad one.

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline Noodles

• Senior Poster
  • (:
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 08:48:37 PM »
ZOM!?

ARE THOSE PERSIANS!?

THEYRE SOOOO ADORABLE!!!!

Print