Print 

Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 1056 times)

Offline BFM_Rickp9

• BFM Admin
  • I Am Canadian EH!
Windows 7
« on: January 20, 2009, 11:46:27 PM »
Can someone help me with this, I download Windows 7 beta and I do want to dual boot my computer so I have the choice, Vista or Windows 7, I read I have to partition my drive but not sure how to, or is there an easy er way to do this. I don't want to loose all I have and having the choice will be good, my drive is big about 280 g left.

Thanks

Offline Glogg

• Junior Poster
  • Can you dig it?
Re: Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 04:12:55 AM »
Here you go.

Hope you enjoy Windows 7 as much as i have been. I haven't booted back to Vista now since the public beta came out.

If you have a problem with XFire not showing the side panel or the sounds working, just go here and follow the steps i posted about how to fix it. Name is death2all2.

good luck.

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 04:30:14 AM »
I think that I'm going to "bite the bullet" and download the beta. Even if I have to install it on a VM, at least then I can say (for certain) that it sucks :P

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 03:24:55 PM »
Didn't Microsoft say it;s basically Vista?

Doesn't that mean it's terrible?

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Glogg

• Junior Poster
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »
While it may be "similar" to Vista. In the end its ALOT better. Most tests that have been done show Windows 7 being faster than Vista AND your XP, and it's still in beta :D.

Some features of Windows 7.

Remember though, just like ANY new operating system. you cant go installing it on 5 year old hardware and then complain that it runs like garbage afterwords.

Trust me, Vista isn't terrible if you have modern hardware that is capable of running it properly :D, can't always believe everything you read on the internet. Thats why MS did the Mojave experiment :D.

The new media player 12 will play almost any file format now without having to download any extra codecs now :D.

Print