Print 

Author Topic: Topic Search - American History  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
Topic Search - American History
« on: January 29, 2009, 12:22:46 AM »
Okay, so I need to come up with an essay for my American History class by Tuesday.  I just want to get you guys' suggestions.  The timeline is from the European invasion (1600s) to the American Revolution (1776).  To quote from my assignment sheet:

"Based on the readings you have done for this class, descuss how Native Americans reacted to the first coming of the Europeans."

I just want your input on possible main points to discuss.  I don't expect you guys to give me every little detail that you know of, just general ideas that I can work on.  If you need more info to work on, such as the books that I have read, what we have discussed in class, etc., let me know and I'll try and help out.

Thanks in advance!  Remember, general topics, I don't want you guys to write the essay for me!
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Topic Search - American History
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 12:36:32 AM »
You should see if Mr P can help you with this, this is his topic. Maybe send him a PM.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »

Um, given this portion that you've quoted "Based on the readings you have done for this class...", we'd need a list of the reading that you've done for that class! ::)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:26:35 PM »
And did the assignment really say "descuss?" You could compare and contrast the differences with respect to general location, perhaps.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »
I don't think that I need to give the readings that we have read, but I will anyway.

Colin G. Calloway (ed.), The World Turned Upside Down: Indian Voices from Early America (Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 1994).  (This book is mostly excepts from American Indians and their tales)

John Harrower, “Diary of John Harrower, 1773-1776,” The American Historical Review  6:1. (Oct., 1900), pp. 65-107.

Plus his lectures in class.
He says to focus on Indian thoughts and perspectives.  Unless you don't know any more than I do about that part of American history, I don't think I need to give more info.  Otherwise, I would be answering the question myself, and that's not the point of this thread.  I know a couple points to talk about, but I need a few more points so that I can make a 5-7 page essay.

And yes, the assignment really said "descuss." ::)
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Print