Print 

Author Topic: Adverts  (Read 1158 times)

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
Adverts
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:24:27 PM »
Are BFM going to drop the adds banners?

I understand that running servers can prove costly but destroying your own ethics surely is not worth it...

I have seen adds with what apears to be adult dating services, links to other sites which contain unsuitable material and today, an advert for a religious site......

Edited to remove the more detailed descriptions. -Jane!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:29:53 AM by BFM_JANE »
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: Adverts
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:21:27 AM »
The advertisements have a filter function and that is being used and updated each day. You may have noted that we did previously have advertisements, however they were removed last time for the exact reason we could not filter them properly. I would say that is leaving our ethics well intact. It is of the uppermost importance that these links are clean. Since the very beginning we have been removing numerous websites that are definitely not appropriate. More are still being removed every day that they are found. BFM forums and servers have always been, and will remain a family environment, suitable for families and people of all ages. If you find a link you feel is inappropriate, please send myself or another officer a PM with the address so we can remove it from the advertisement page. Your help is appreciated!

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
Re: Adverts
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 01:52:36 PM »
Are BFM going to drop the adds banners?

I understand that running servers can prove costly but destroying your own ethics surely is not worth it...

I have seen adds with what apears to be adult dating services, links to other sites which contain unsuitable material and today, an advert for a religious site......

Edited to remove the more detailed descriptions. -Jane!

Honestly Zet I'm really sick of you trying to point out anything you can about BFM. Then you will try to say something like, well I didn't name names etc. I'm just flat out sick of this. We have in the past put up with this and warned you many times. Why come to us the way you did in this thread again? Because you try to point out anything you can about BFM.  We have really allowed you to take shot after shot at us and really just let it go. We have had to change your profile many times due to the fact you like to advertise your clans sites on it and also LOVE to advertise your chat sites where you go to spread your points of views. I'm just SICK OF IT!

HM is an awesome Clan. You for some reason want to spend all your time trying to find fault in our clan instead of trying to help your teammates make HM even better than it is. Put the time in your servers and your clans forums that you do here and I'm sure your clanmates will appreciate it. Your done attacking BFM and trying to point out every single detail you think can be a fault. You are now banned from our forums. We extended friendship to you and allowed you to really post many things that were important to you. Its truly sad you repaid us over and over by taking shots at us.

Now for our guest in answer to his post in this thread. We continue to go through the adds to make sure they live up to what BFM is all about. We work on this daily. We have many members who post the sites we need removed and then we quickly go have them removed. We aren't perfect. I just promise you we do this as quickly as we can. Many of you have seen some of the adds disappear. That is because we are letting the company know which adds to filter. New adds come out daily. My goal is for no member to have to pay anything out of their pocket to help BFM pay the bills. I have paid the bills for BFM for a long time. I'm glad to continue to do so. But we also have other BFMs who pay for servers and things. I hate for them to have to pay anything. It would be great if in the future  no one had to pay anything for the servers and hosting space and etc etc. That is our goal. The adds don't pay enough to make that happen. But they do generate enough that It could help some of the BFMs not have to pay anything at all. Then only a few of us would have to pay any bills.  I hope this makes some sense. In the past we had the adds off for a long time because we couldn't get the company to filter them as we wished. Right now they are hearing our request and acting on them. If that stops in the future the ads will go away. If they continue to work with us then I will feel better that some of our members who do give a server or two, wont have to pay that anymore.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:53:09 PM by BFM_Elvis »

Print