Print 

Author Topic: headset is messed up  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
  • You've gotta think fast to be fast!
    • A Sonic Fan's paradise! ^^
headset is messed up
« on: March 16, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »
Okay, my headset is seriously messed up, and I need to know if I can fix it or if I just need to get another one.  The problem is that I can hear everything, it just seems out of sync with everything else.  For example, when I'm listening to music the singing is a LOT quieter than the instruments, and the instruments have the same sound as a low quality you tube video, like there's a "whistling" sound or something similar in the background.  and I can still hear in game stuff it's just a LOT quieter and the same goes for xfire balloons and the like.  Can I fix it somehow, or should I just go buy another one?  Thanks in advance.  Oh, and it's not a USB headset, if that helps.

Soníc
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Special thanks to Mr T for the sonic sig!! :D
You found my secret message!  PM me for a prize!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: headset is messed up
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »
Is it messed up like this:

or this?

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »
More like the first one, in that the most likely reason it's acting up is that I have a nervous habit where I twist wires/strings around my fingers, so It's probably more of an internal thing, which is why I'm wondering if I could possibly fix it.

Soníc
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Offline Slow Bullet

• Junior Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
Thats most likley it if its an old one and the wires are all twisted up the sound info has trouble going through it.

lol the 2nd pic looks like my headset right now!

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 05:54:28 PM »
If the singing is quieter than the instruments, then I can only think of two things:

1.  is there sound coming from both sides of the headset?  (maybe voice is on left only and that's not working well/at all)

2.  try the "mixer" and make sure you don't have one side or certain frequencies lowered

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »
nope... didn't work...I think I'll just save up for another headset.  My microphone still works though, so please don't let this affect me getting vent :(

Soníc

Offline Arya

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 06:40:30 PM »
omg! my headset had the EXACT same problem! it sounded like the person singing was in a barrel along with the instruments (lol), and the singing was alot quieter, we found out that if we turned the plug-in-end a certain way in the plug-in-spot, it would come in clear. But if that didn't work we pulled/pushed it down. I don't recommend this though, cause it was the plug-in-spot that was messing up, not the headset :P. We've accidently ripped the plug-in-end out so many times its all loose.

Sorry if that was hard to understand, I don't know all the technical terms for everything  :roll eyes:

~Arya

Credit: Inferno
--------------------------------------
Recruitment Status-
Applied for recruitment- December 11, '08
Vent access- February 15, '09
Earned small tags (bfm_): May 3, '09
Earned BIG tags (BFM_): August 9, '09
Gained CORPORAL rank: December 5, '09
Left BFM: February 13, '10

--------------------------------------

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »
That has happened to me when I drop my headset or pull on the cord unintentionally (i.e. my leg gets in the way).  Unless you can fix it internally, it's probably just best to buy a new one.  Cheap ones are about $10, so they're not expensive at all.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 09:22:16 AM »
right, so until I get ten dollars (I'm extremely poor personally :-\), I'll just use my iPod ear phones in combination with my microphone on my headset, because oddly enough the mic part of the headset still works... oh well, It shouldn't take TOO long to get another headset.

Soníc

Offline Racr

• Regular Poster
  • I iz smart.
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 07:54:01 PM »
It sounds like, from what Arya said, the USB port and the part that goes in it aren't getting good connection. If this IS the case, you can always try and put the terminals (the little metal things in the part that plugs into the USB port) back to where they were. If you are going to do this a: I take no responsiblity if something messes up and b: you might want to look at the end of a properly-working USB device to see where the terminals go.

Hope this helps,

Racr.

Thanks to Manticore for that!

Thank you BFM_Arya for those!!

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 10:06:21 AM »
Oh, and it's not a USB headset, if that helps.

Offline Racr

• Regular Poster
  • I iz smart.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 09:46:43 PM »
Omg I feel so stupid!!  :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Thanks to Manticore for that!

Thank you BFM_Arya for those!!

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 07:55:55 PM »
lol, don't worry about it Racr :)

Soníc

Print