Print 

Author Topic: Jax's Z32 D:  (Read 33227 times)

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
Re: Got my new Z D:
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2009, 04:31:29 AM »
Sorry to hear that your tranny's gone. Hopefully that J30 trans will work out better for ya. Ionno much about transmissions, or repairing cars for that matter, but from your details it seems like a good fit. = )

Good luck man.
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2009, 04:42:12 AM »
J30 on hold atm....reasons...

I've had two people contact me after posting an add on 300zxclub for a used trans, one is rebuilt with 12k on it and the owner is close enough to drive it over. The other has 60k original miles and can ship it. Both are around 300 bucks and because it's the same model trans I can drop and install it all myself.

Might have the Z running again next week or so.

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline xOninez

• Junior Poster
  • Just do it.
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2009, 06:44:26 PM »
1000TH viewerr!!  ;D ;D
nice car! gratz, and hope u dont crash it  :P

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2009, 04:16:55 AM »
Cute..

Will be buying a rebuilt NA Auto trans w/ rebuilt torque converter and upgraded internals.
Having the same shop that did my engine swap work on it, going to be around 500 bucks for labor and w/e parts.
Trans is going to cost about 340 bucks.

My best estimate is around 800, but will probably be 1000-1500 in the end, and this means the Z wont be driven till January or February at the easiest and possibly March.
I find it ironic since I had planned to move cross country by April... and my transmission decided to die now right before my move.

Anyway the Z is currently sitting parked, my Ebrake is dead and the battery cable had been cut, both of which were sabotage by a previous mechanic to promote more work for him to do... Had it been done to someone with little knowledge of their car it might have worked, but I tend to notice cables just being CUT randomly.

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2010, 11:16:56 AM »
Bump from the dead.

Well things got very busy here RL for some time, to the point I was working two jobs and 96+ hours a week.

Lot of things to update regarding this thread...
I did NOT get another auto, I instead converted the car to manual, and had 120k maintenance and new injectors put in. I should be getting the car back today and moving within the next few days, so in the next few weeks I should be re-applying for BFM once I get settled cross country at my new home.

Offline Boogieman

• Junior Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2010, 11:42:34 AM »
sick car.. i love the z's .. one day ill own a 370.. of course thats after i get my 98 Toyota Supra TT.. 6 speed... *snap* i just woke up.. huh what.. lol.. but yeah i used to have a 86 300zx i LOVED that thing put 500 into the engine.. had to get a couple new pulleys.. (moon key on harmonic snapped on me :() but after i got everything fixed i loved it then i traded it.. ugh i miss it so much.. regardless if it had no heat i only live in washington where it rains 95 % of the time lol.
My lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2010, 12:41:36 PM »

Ooh, cross country! Good luck with the move and I don't understand what's happening with your car situation. Did you sell the blue car and get a Trans Am to rebuild?

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2010, 08:21:16 PM »

Ooh, cross country! Good luck with the move and I don't understand what's happening with your car situation. Did you sell the blue car and get a Trans Am to rebuild?

lol Jane, always the kidder ;p
I converted my blue 300zx to a manual transmission from automatic as my automatic died.
Yup moving from Alabama to New Mexico, 1600 miles T_T
i LOVED that thing put 500 into the engine.. had to get a couple new pulleys..
lol, I've put around 1k into my motor and 18k into the car itself.

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2010, 03:12:52 AM »
You need to find whoever sold you that, and slap all the repair money out of em  ;D
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2010, 01:29:16 PM »
If only it worked like that^

Most of the money has gone into aftermarket upgrades and maintenance.

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2010, 06:03:18 PM »
Woot for the car finally running! Glad to hear that you'll be returning to BFM soon-ish. = ) About the saboteur... a lot of mechanics will do that, it's horrible. You trust someone to fix your car, then the next thing you know you need new battery cables, your ball bearing goes out, and there's a leak in your fuel line.... My mom has had some bad experiences with mechanics in the past...
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2010, 12:52:24 AM »
Well we got to NM, but it was less very eventful. I would have taken pictures, but there honestly wasnt anything worth taking pictures of across the states....

So heres the playback.

Got 167 miles away and my waterpump siezed, the pulley sheared off the pump and took 3 of the bolts with it. With nothing to hold the fan on it sliced into my radiator and perforated it, and apparently burned the fan clutch up... as well as shredding the shroud.
That all took 3+ days to get the parts replaced and the car running again. He had a radiator, fan clutch and water pump all in 15 minutes, but the pulley NO ONE had in stock, so we had to overnight it from Z1. The pulley got there the next morning, we got it on and were gone by lunch. Course the only reason we had to overnight a part from Z1 is because the Nissan Dealership  in New Orleans messed up and failed to order the pulley and by the time they did, it wouldnt arrive till Monday.

Now that mess dealt with, we left with a new Koyo Dual Core Radiator, waterpump, fanclutch and pulley.

Got 300 miles away and my car started to shake like I had a flat tire(somewhere outside Baton Rouge), pulley over into the rest area and as soon as I stopped one of my lug BOLTS fell out of the wheel... it had snapped clean off at the hub. I have never seen a bolt do that before, guessing it was overtightened. To top it off there was only one good bolt holding the wheel on, the other was loosened to the point it was almost falling off.
Ya... so that wheel coming off at 75mph+ would have been very bad.

That all aside, nothing else happened after that... kept driving for 20 hours, filling up every 300 miles... and ya.. need an alignment now, the roads in Louisiana and Texas were TERRIBLE. I swear a few roads in Louisiana caused my car to leave the pavement... terrible roads..

Got enough bugs on my front bumper to start my own bug collection, and to give ya an idea of how dirty the car is(pictures fail) those exhaust tips were chrome when I left.

Now the engine bay...

Coolant sprayed EVERYWHERE when the radiator blew, going to be a pain to clean it all up. Had to cut the shroud back to remove the fan when it fell down into the bay.

Z is running great though, after all that mess she's running stronger than since I bought her, so... lessons learned and finally enjoying my Z >_>
Hopefully can start on further maintenance and cosmetics now.

Found a little parking garage near the airport here in Albuquerque and decided to take some pictures.

Ya my rear fascia is two toned because I ripped the veilside crap off it, yet to repaint it. Car is still dirty from driving 1400 miles, but heck if I was going to pass up the chance to take some pictures. Still waiting on my new vanity plate lol

So after all that mess, getting settled in at my new home, so might be reapplying in a few once I find a job or two.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2010, 05:29:53 AM »
Well if you stayed on IH10 all the way through Texas I hoped you waved at me on your way through SA... :nyah: and if you went through West Texas during the day I hope you liked all those wind mills because there is absolutely nothing else to see out that way for hundreds of miles.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2010, 06:43:58 AM »
Well if you stayed on IH10 all the way through Texas I hoped you waved at me on your way through SA... :nyah: and if you went through West Texas during the day I hope you liked all those wind mills because there is absolutely nothing else to see out that way for hundreds of miles.
Ah no, went through there around 12am and there were still cars everywhere through Dallas, very unnerving.

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2010, 11:13:59 PM »
The roads crossing over from Tennessee to Arkansas, I think it's I-40 or I-55, horrible. You'll definitely need a realignment after them if you do ever travel on them. However, if you're trying to get to the Southeast USA then you can cross into Ohio for a split sec, then to Kentucky and take that to Tennessee, then to GA, if that's where you're going. If you're going to SC or NC then I imagine you'd already be taking that way.

Memphis roads are simply horrible in some parts though. I think I could probably fit my entire body into one of the potholes I narrowly avoided at 1AM.

And look on the bright side, you have a new radiator and all of that other stuff. xD As for the wheel.... it's not fun being sideways at 80 mph... at least on the interstate.