Print 

Author Topic: Question on Chase Killing Rule  (Read 2091 times)

Offline W@rrior

• Junior Poster
  • Who you want killed?
Question on Chase Killing Rule
« on: September 01, 2007, 06:34:58 AM »
Ok, I know that you guys dont like others naming admins that are breaking your own rules so I will not do that.

But what I would like to do is explain a situation and see if this is considered chase killing.

This one admin was accused a bunch of times the other day of chasing on different maps....then it happened to me.  I have raced with this admin many times and it surprised me that he/she would do this.

The map is Geph.  I am walking on the lower level cause I spawned at the Blue base and there was no hogs, so I just started heading to my next nav....which was the nav under Red base.  As I am walking, I get the Red nav and started heading to the ramp.  At this time, this hog comes down the right ramp.(as you are facing the red base)  So I headed over to the right side of the wall so that I would not be killed.  This hog did not have a gunner so I was not going to nade it ....just let it go and I would then run up the ramp to get a hog.  This player sees me and swerves so that he/she ran me over.  When I mentioned that he/she just chase killed me, he/she said that it was not a chase kill.  I feel it was a chase kill cause when he/she came down the right ramp, he/she was all the way over on the left side of the level and swerved all the way to the right just to run me over.

Is this a Chase Kill or not?

I saw at least three other times that other players accused this player of chase killing.

If any Officers want to know who this admin was, I will gladly PM the name.

Just re-read the rules and this is the rules that is in questions....

8.1. Don't veer out of your path (which, as covered elsewhere, should be to your next flag) to run over an opponent. This is called chase killing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 06:37:44 AM by WeekendWarrior »

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Question on Chase Killing Rule
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 08:45:48 AM »
This is a situation that requires both the player and the admin to look at the context of the situation to determine the legitimacy of the move.  As a lone driver of a hog you still have the right to defend yourself.  As you approach an enemy walker it is perfectly reasonable to assume he is going to try and jack your hog, is it not?  That driver can swerve to kill the threat but there is a point it can go too far.  If the hog swerves but misses the walker and the driver is left far enough down the track that he can continue racing without threat, he should do so.  He should not continue racing in circles to get the walker because that keeps him in danger and stops his racing progress.  Where is the line between defending yourself and a chase kill in that situation...who knows.  We trust our admins to make those decisions in each case.  If we see a pattern develop in either a guest or an admin that we are concerned about I promise we will address it.  If you feel this is the case PM me with your concerns.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline W@rrior

• Junior Poster
  • Who you want killed?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:27:49 PM »
Normally, I would agree with what you have said.....

But in this case, I feel that this person went a little too far out of the way to run me over.  As I said, they were all the way to the left side and they swerved all the way to the right side to run me over.  I should not have been considered a threat cause I moved away from this person.

Offline Volley

• Posts Too Much
  • You Just Got Served...
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:59:06 PM »
Weekend Warrior, I do not normally reply to these threads but in this case, I have a feeling you are talking about me. I'd be happy to PM you about it. Just comfirn if I was the admin you are questioning. Thanks

~Former 1st Lieutenant - 2008

Offline W@rrior

• Junior Poster
  • Who you want killed?
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 06:25:55 PM »
Since you posted.....yes, it was you and that was why I was very surprised.  I have raced with you many times and find you be an outstanding admin and racer.

But anyways, I feel that this topic has been dealt with and everything is cool.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 12:00:29 AM »
It is ok to name the Admin that you are talking about. We all make mistakes. Not saying this admin made a mistake. Just saying no one will be mad at you for naming the BFM you might have had a problem with or think might have broken the rules.

Offline W@rrior

• Junior Poster
  • Who you want killed?
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 05:42:34 AM »
Ok.

I have talked to a few Officers and everything got cleared up.

Print