Print 

Author Topic: Elvis Birthday Week: Got a good Elvis story?  (Read 2716 times)

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Elvis Birthday Week: Got a good Elvis story?
« on: April 20, 2009, 06:29:39 AM »
He's been around for a long, long, long time and has crossed paths with literally billions of people.  Are you one of them and have you had a laugh with/about him?  His birthday is coming up and what better time to share our funny or memorable Elvis experiences?  And what better place than right here!

For example, did you know...

Sometimes Elvis joins the servers without being on Vent. Wanting to avoid the inconvenience of being banned as an impostor, he jokingly asks us one day if he should have some secret code or word so that we'll know it really is him. I suggested:

"In the servers, I'll say "the spotted mallard flies north," and you will respond with "the brown goose flies east." This way, we'll know it's you."

Easy enough, isn't it? Trust me, it is. :P

I've seen Elvis join servers and type that he sees flying birds. On Vent, he's made vague comments about various fowl and their migration, coming out of nowhere with them ("I've been in the server with you for an hour and you just now saw a duck?" :LOL:). As time passes, he gets further from the original. Once, I think he mentioned something about umbrellas. A guest in a server one day started talking to me about elephants and rollerskates. It made no sense at all, but somehow I knew it was Elvis undercover.

Lol, I exaggerate, but you should be there when he gets someone to tell me that "there's a bird flying somewhere or something." :XD:  :hug:

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
Re: Elvis Birthday Week: Got a good Elvis story?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 06:42:08 AM »
Rule breakers being pwn'd by undercover admins always entertains me.

This one time, Elvis was undercover (I'm not saying what name, don't want to make him unable to use it). Not such a big deal, right? Heck, I think he might have even camped a tiny bit just to throw people off. Not sure about that though, so don't quote me. Anyway, this problem player comes in. Becomes a problem, so Elvis kept saying "Don't make me get an admin." and suddenly, the player was GONE. I was all "Admins are scary now?", and turns out he was either kicked or banhammered, I don't remember.

Jeez, I need Halo discs NOW...
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 06:51:55 AM »
One of my personal favourites was when I had just got little tags, and paged Elvis for help. He pulled me into channel, I described the situation, then jumped as Elvis's dog barked fiercely down the mic.

"YOu'd better be good jim or I'll set my dog on you," Elvis said.

:siderofl:
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:39:07 AM »
Hmmmm.... my first "Elvis" experience...

Do I dare reveal it? Yeah, I guess I will  :P

This was when I had first gotten my little tags.  I was in a server on Infinity, playing with Exodus and Jimmy.  It was in the Aussie timezone, and as you know, if you play during Aussie times and are on vent then, it is a whole different atmosphere than during the day. 

Well Elvis just so happened to be undercover in the server that night, much to my unknowing attitude  :LOL:.  Well the map changes to Infinity, and we start.  I immediately hop into the driver's seat and a teammate jumps into the gunner.  It wasn't all nav, so everyone clambers to the deadly 1st nav.  The gunner that I had, completely missed everyone!  It was absolutely hilarious  :LOL:.  All 3 shots missed and as we move away from the nav, the next enemy rocket just blasts us away.  So, I said over vent... "awwwww, my gunner fails at life" in a joking tone.  Everyone chuckles, and we move on.  Turns out the guest's name was "Army".  Perhaps that was what fueled the fire for me to make that statement  :rotflmboOMG:

Well, then Elvis comes on vent.  Some conversation pursues about some BFM topics, but then it gets down to him using that undercover name.  We have a good laugh, and then Elvis leaves for the night.  Then, wouldn't you know it... OF COURSE, Jimmy and Exodus would just have to remember it.  They remember that I said Elvis failed at life  :XD: :XD: :XD:

To make it even worse, they posted about it in the big tags section, where I couldn't see it  :LOL:  My first couple of days with little tags, and I'm already insulting the leader! :P

Don't worry Elvis, you're a great gunner.  But, I probably won't pick you to gun on Infinity  :giggle:

Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 01:41:32 PM »

My first two experiences with Elvis were as a PR on vent.

First one was on Infinity.  I was gunning the lead hog and we had gone over the first jump.   Teammates were behind us, so I fired a few rockets over their heads at the jump.  But I guess I didn't fire enough over their heads and hit my teammates and betrayed both of them - one of them was Elvis.    :doh:

Second experience was in the first map I raced in my first ever scrim.  Gephy.  Someone jumps in my hog, I don't know who.  I hear Elvis say "let's go down at blue".   I get the 4th nav and head for the ramp to go down.  Elvis says "this isn't blue!".  (I didn't know Elvis was my gunner, and to be honest I probably didn't know red from blue at that point, anyway).  But anyway, I figure out I must have Elvis in my hog (could have given me an "h" there big guy) and I've gone down at the wrong base.  Oh well.  So we go underneath and go all the way across and get the blue nav, turn and go to get the red nav.  As we do, I see a few flipped hogs and a gunfight going on at the ramps, so I spin on the red nav, and start heading back to blue (still underneath).  Elvis says "who's my driver, you can't do that, turn around!"   So I spin around again.  Elvis being the good sport he is, doesn't fire at anyone as his driver, all flustered, is doing 360's all over the place.  The dumbfounded walkers are all like deer in headlights as I run 2 or 3 of them over on my way back up the ramps.

Footnote is that despite my obvious gunning and driving deficiencies, Elvis picked me for his scrim team!  He likes the underdog I guess!

One other funny experience.  I had just got big tags.  I got an xfire from a guest saying there were two snipers on Gephy in one of the servers.  So I go in and one or two people immediately quit.   I see a sniper trail up top, and nearby a green triangle of a teammate.   I go up to check it out.  I warn the sniper a couple of times and I think he quit, or I kicked him, or he jumped down to race.  I turn my attention to the teammate, let's call him espn.  He doesn't have a sniper in his hand, but I ask him why he's up there.  He says "I was just looking to see who was sniping".   I tell him, "ok, well I'll take care of that, can you pls get down and race".  espn says "I'm sorry, I was just trying to help.  I promise I'll race".  I tell him, ok, well pls get down now and find a hog.   He says "ok, I'm going now, I promise".  I follow him down through the teles to make sure he's racing, and he says "see, I'm in a hog now".  I say that's great, thank you.

I get a PM from Elvis an hour later saying he was espn.  Saying he'd gone up to check out the sniper as I'd joined, and got caught out being up there and was sorry if I'd caused him any trouble.  LOL

Offline BFM_Hlao

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 03:49:35 PM »
Back when I was requesting recruitment, I would race for hours and hours every day, trying to get online as often as possible (which was quite a lot ;)). I was so pleased when I was finally accepted onto Vent, and I spent a great deal of time online getting to know a lot of people. Around the later period of my recruitment, I noticed a lot of the people who had applied around the same time as me, and a few after me, getting their tags. Of course then I realised that meant I would be getting mine soon, and waited with great anticipation as I logged into Vent every day, hoping that someone would give me the news I'd been waiting for. Now, during all this time I had spent in recruitment, my timezone meant that I had never once run into Elvis or many other higher-ups. One day out of the blue, about a month or so into my time with Vent, I got a PM from Elvis. This is what it said:

hey, I did notice your recruitment thread. Getting on vent with us makes this process a lot faster. Would you like to join us on vent so you can get to know us and us get to know you???

I was so devastated lol. xD It did all get resolved very quickly and thanks to the votes put in by the BFMs I raced with most I was given tags very soon after. ;D They've regretted it ever since. ;)

And... OMG... I can't believe this... but I've just checked my CD case, and all this time it's been HALO, not HLAO! :doh: Why didn't anybody ever tell me?!?

:P

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »
Don't worry Hlao, by some curious coincidence it just so happens that Hlao is the name of a cute fluffy little bunny wabbit from a book I very much like...
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 10:57:56 PM »
Best thing anyone has ever said to Elvis of all time... and it's already located in Vent Quotes! Someone has to stand up to him!

ok.. Elvis don't ban me, lol

*Superhawk is driving me from red to blue on ice fields beneath the bridge to the nav. As we go around the rock i see an enemy loaded hog and fire from the rocket turret. Elvis comes from around the rock next to us and drives in front of us, away from the enemy hog, just as i pull the trigger*

:munch:

*MAJOR TEAMROCKET*  :evil:

:bang:

Elvis: omg Exodus what was that
Exodus: Ah sorry Elvis, didn't see you
Elvis: You mean to tell me you couldn't see that big green arrow above my head in front of you?
Exodus: Ohhhh shut your face Elvis!
Elvis: omg.... i can't believe he just said that

*5 minutes of uncontrolable laughter* (Suprhwk was the best, he knew what happened  :siderofl:)

............. ^^!

;D

And I still use it today. "Shut your face Elvis!"

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »

Elvis??

Who's "Elvis?"

'Never seen nor heard of "him...."

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 12:27:11 PM »

Elvis??

Who's "Elvis?"

'Never seen nor heard of "him...."

Yah, really.

I thought this Elvis guy was dead.

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 04:29:22 PM »
Don't worry Hlao, by some curious coincidence it just so happens that Hlao is the name of a cute fluffy little bunny wabbit from a book I very much like...

I haven't read that in a while. First was better than second, though.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 08:31:59 AM »
So there I was with little tags, in a server that was a bit messy. Dealing with lots of problem players. Now usually they hang around and carry on breaking rules even after being warned and addressed personally etc., especially with a small tags who can only sit there and watch. But for some strange reason everyone I was warning seemed to be quitting after 3 warnings or so! one of them came back and said "Why did you kick me?" Err, I didn't, must have been a network problem, but told them to get racing.

Then Elvis came on and told me he'd been kicking the people I had been warning while he was undercover. Such a pleasant little chappie. :hug:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:35:40 AM by BFM_three60 »

Offline Bôôm

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 02:42:32 AM »
I've only been on halo a couple of weeks and I havent realy played with Elvis but every time I talk to him on vent he is one of the nicest guys.   

:yesyes:

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 03:07:19 PM »
Ty you very much to all!  Was a nice reading this post :)

Offline ÇÞT CavemaÑ

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 03:39:44 PM »
I've only raced with Elvis on two maps(that i know of) the first one was danger canyon.
everytime i jumped in a hog ,dead by BFM_Elvis at least 9 times i started yelling.
   "ELVIS is everywhere Man!!!" which got a chuckle from the server.next  map i rocketed off a pot shot on the bridge and it said BFM_Elvis killed by cpt Caveman..
   "nice shot"he said and left ....I'm still kinda waiting for the payback  :doh:
                        :liljawdrop:
today i stood upon the hill overlooking the ocean
my mind raced with the thoughts of the sea                           
i set forth from the safety of the hillsides warmth
towards the unknown and rolling deep blue sea
i stepped into the cold dark waters to swim beyond
the horizon into tomorrows dreams.
       incompetent bard                                                      

Print