Print 

Author Topic: school/work quotes  (Read 19972 times)

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: school/work quotes
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 02:23:45 AM »
Yay @ Toe Tag, fun story!

But not nearly as good as mine:

(I work in tech support for ADT, a home/business security company. This guy called in because he wasn't able to arm his alarm system and needed to bypass a zone so that he could arm everything else.)

Me: To bypass zone nine, enter your four digit code and six-zero-nine.
Guy: Okay, so my four digit code and pound?
Me: ...No. Enter your code and six-zero-nine.

Listen to me! I just said it! That transaction took two seconds, not enough time to forget what I'd just said. It's a wonder these people are allowed to walk around outside.

Oh lol, and another guy trying to remember his password "atlantis" ( we can give no hints, except how many letters are in it ):

Guy: Alexis
Me: I don't have that as your password.
Guy: No, it's not Alexis... It's... Alexis. Alexis. It's a missing world, it's lost...
Me: Okay (that's a "verbal nod" and is required per Quality Assurance, my bonus depends on it ::))
Guy: Not Alexis, it's...
Me: It has eight letters in it.
Guy: Eight letters... Andromeda? No, not Andromeda... What is it? Not Alexis...
Me: Eight letters...
Guy: It's mythical... Mythical... Mythical... My brother's gonna be so mad... Andromeda... Andromeda, Alexis...
Me: Not Andromeda.
Guy: Not Andromeda. It's mythical.. It's lost... Andromeda... Andromeda...
Me: No.
Guy: (long pause) Man, it's not Alexis...
Me: Mmm.
Guy: It's Atlantis.
Me: Thank you.

He was so slurry and talking so slow, I was cracking up. Thank you mute button. And he was already mad at me for "carrying on" when his cell phone was dying. Every time I started to tell him to do something, he would interrupt me and say "that's right" sarcastically and I'd have to start over.

Me: To change your code─
Guy: That's riiiight.
Me: Um. Okay, to change your code─
Guy: That's riiiight.
Me: Uhh, to change your co─
Guy: Yeeeeesssss.

I finally just blurted it out and he completely ignored it! :doh: I don't carry on, dude! He didn't start getting annoyed and interruptive until he'd messed it up like five times in a row. Turns out he didn't know the original code to begin with. After his phone died a second time, I didn't call him back. :P

It's mythical.

Maybe one day, I'll type up all the crazy people stories, they make the job worth while.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:02:14 AM by BFM_JANE »

Offline Marine»

• Regular Poster
  • support our troops!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 03:37:06 AM »
ok i was in first period and my friend was talking to me

marine:halo 3 odst comes out in 11days

m:so i usually play CODWAW

lahters around our desks

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 07:48:38 AM »
lol, jane, your job sounds like its the best.

i was in soccer class yesterday playing soccer and this was said.

p: omg i like your hair flowing in the wind

j: shut up :P

p: it was a compliment

j: i dont like that one :P

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »
I found a scratch in my desk. I also found that if I move my thumbnail in JUST the right rhythm and position across it, it sounds like a turn signal.

So, I was distracted with that for a while when the dude next to me says "Dude, you left your blinker on for the past five minutes!"
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
  • BOXISM!......... Resistance Is Futile!
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 01:54:34 PM »
OK so this was during Humanities class, my friend ethan was giving me all these tests like get from here to here without touching the shaded area....so I do em. This one was different though.

Its a list of words:

Ethan: Read down this list
Me: OK,
Cows
about
talking
Idiot
this
got
I
long
how
look

Ethan: Ok now say cow before every word
Me: Cow Cows, Cow About Cow Idiot....and etc
Ethan: Now say cow after every word
Me: Cows Cow, About Cow, Idiot Cow.....and etc.
Ethan: now say cows before and after each word
Me: Cow Cows Cow, Cow about Cow,.....and etc

[At this point our voices are getting kinda raised and the teacher and other kids are looking at us like....what is he talking about.]

Ethan: Now read the list backwards
Liam: Alright, Look how long i got this idiot talking about Cows.................oh........right...... :doh:
Almost Everyone: laughs out loud

LOL i fell for that one bad....I was actually suspicious of it at first, especially since i saw the word idiot in there, but all the other puzzles had just been mind games. :LOL: :LOL:

Anyway no big deal, sometimes you just gotta be able to laugh at urself. :doh:

May 13, 09-Got Halo
Later May, 09- Stumbled onto BFM server, loved it
June 24. 09-Joined Forums
August 9th, 09-Applied to be PR
Sept. 22, 09-Earned Vent Access
Nov. 12, 09-Earned Lil Tags!
Mar. 26, 10-Earned Big Tags!
Jan. 3, 11-Stepped Down from BFM
© LiamFilm™

Offline StarZ

• Regular Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
OK so this was during Humanities class, my friend ethan was giving me all these tests like get from here to here without touching the shaded area....so I do em. This one was different though.

Its a list of words:

Ethan: Read down this list
Me: OK,
Cows
about
talking
Idiot
this
got
I
long
how
look

Ethan: Ok now say cow before every word
Me: Cow Cows, Cow About Cow Idiot....and etc
Ethan: Now say cow after every word
Me: Cows Cow, About Cow, Idiot Cow.....and etc.
Ethan: now say cows before and after each word
Me: Cow Cows Cow, Cow about Cow,.....and etc

[At this point our voices are getting kinda raised and the teacher and other kids are looking at us like....what is he talking about.]

Ethan: Now read the list backwards
Liam: Alright, Look how long i got this idiot talking about Cows.................oh........right...... :doh:
Almost Everyone: laughs out loud

LOL i fell for that one bad....I was actually suspicious of it at first, especially since i saw the word idiot in there, but all the other puzzles had just been mind games. :LOL: :LOL:

Anyway no big deal, sometimes you just gotta be able to laugh at urself. :doh:

cows say oink =]
this
                       is
                                        my
                                                              sig
                                                                                 (:

Offline BFM_Noddu

• BFM Admin
  • An apple a day, keeps red team's rockets at bay.
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 03:22:17 PM »
Let me set the scene... Its period 1, a free period for me and my friend Al... he's got some scissors and glue and some pretty pictures of english monarchs scattered on the desk.

Nod: Whats up bud?
Al: Leave me alone...
Nod: Ohh Ahh, whats your problem?
Al: I got to finish this family tree of Henry VIII for history.
Nod: When's that...
Al: Oh I dunno maybe... oh yeah... 3 MINUTES
Nod: Oh okay *browses through his pictures*

Nod: Al, hate to break it to you... Anne Boleyn was not mother to Catherine of Aragon...
Al: What?? Oh darn...
Nod: And since when was Pikachu a member of royality in England at any stage in history...
Al: *Cries as the bell sounds for period 2*

He got a C for the work... a pretty fair effort considering half the family tree consisted of a Pokemon, Count Dracula and Buzz Lightyear.

Nod x
Make way for Noddu. Lest he nods his head... in disapproval.

Offline StarZ

• Regular Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »
we were at lunch and my friend came back to the table with her foodz :P
Liz: how am i supposed to eat this???
Me: ok
first, you put the food on yer fork
next, you put it in your mouth...
then, you go OM NOM NOM
and after that, you swallow.

Liz: ummm....
Cody: you go om nom nom????
Me: yes. om nom nom.
Cody: thats delightful...

hehe, big words make me giggle :XD:
this
                       is
                                        my
                                                              sig
                                                                                 (:

Offline Nateo

• Junior Poster
  • Oppa! Oppa!
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2009, 02:58:29 PM »
So at my school, we have basically a news team run by students (which is a class), called YTV. Every morning during passing periods they play music or popular youtube videos.

Well, this one morning, they played "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Ashter (i think that's his name)

Then the period began, announcements come on,
"Good Morning _____! You've just been Rick Rolled!" ;D

Just about half of the people understood it and burst out laughing while the rest sat in silence wondering what just happened.... It was just awesome!  :siderofl:

Thank you very much Mderms for the amazing sig!!!! YAY!!!                       Big thanks to Blitz!!!! YAYZ!!

Thanks!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline StarZ

• Regular Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2009, 06:39:04 PM »
i went to art, and one of my friends goes to that class with me. but she showed up before i did. so when i go tthere, i found her sitting in my seat....

Me: errr....
Liz: im the new and improved starz. Im the 3rd generation and i come with free wifi! <creepy stare>
Me: ......   O.o
:XD::XD::XD:
this
                       is
                                        my
                                                              sig
                                                                                 (:

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2009, 06:48:34 PM »
So at my school, we have basically a news team run by students (which is a class), called YTV. Every morning during passing periods they play music or popular youtube videos.

Well, this one morning, they played "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Ashter (i think that's his name)

Just about half of the people understood it and burst out laughing while the rest sat in silence wondering what just happened.... It was just awesome!  :siderofl:

That's because half of them don't even listen to the announcements... ::)
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline ·WídgêT·

• Posts Too Much
  • Fail gun at your service
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2009, 07:05:02 PM »

I can't tell you how spot on that is in my school :doh:

Thank you Tanger!

Not for wealth, rank, or honor, but for personal worth and character
Cheers, Marty!

http://8tracks.com/widget4nz
Check out my mixes and sign up for the site. It has yet to do me wrong

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »

omg a lot of people at my old high school dont listen to then eather and the one time that the whole school pays attention to it, there was an edit error and they said a swear and everyone was like "what?!?!" and 5 seconds later the priciple called them down, and they got in trouble.

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2009, 10:42:15 PM »
OMG, Nateo and snow, you reminded me of a bad quote that I don't ever want to remember again, but now you guys made me remember it so I have to tell you.

Same YTV announcements, but back up about 6 years, when I was a Sophomore, I believe.

They did the announcements inside the Media Center before they moved to the broadcast room.  What caused them to go into the locked room was this quote.

So they start the announcements, and about 30 seconds into them, a guy comes streaking into the room from the back.  Makes a few passes across the room while yelling, wearing his shirt as a cape and showing off his bare skin.  He then stops in front of the camera and says: "Special Announcement!"  And does a small dance for about 2 seconds before the video was cut off.

About 5 minutes later the announcements are back on and it looks like nothing ever happened.  They finish the announcements and we're still cracking up.

Note that this wasn't the "Senior Prank."  The big one was still yet to come...
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Arya

• Regular Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2009, 06:03:55 PM »
so one of my friend's little brother was named johnny, and the person speaking was talking about someone who murdered his brother cuz he thought their parents liked him better, and hes like

"couldn't you see that happening today? 'hey, come here, lets go play out side *WACK*' then your parents will be like, 'where'd johnny go?'" and my friend is like :rotflmboOMG:

afterwards he's like "well i went with that name because i thought, 'well, i dont think anyone in that school is going to have a little brother named johnny'"  :LOL:

Credit: Inferno
--------------------------------------
Recruitment Status-
Applied for recruitment- December 11, '08
Vent access- February 15, '09
Earned small tags (bfm_): May 3, '09
Earned BIG tags (BFM_): August 9, '09
Gained CORPORAL rank: December 5, '09
Left BFM: February 13, '10

--------------------------------------

Print