Print 

Author Topic: This Ford needs Sugery!!!  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Ford

• Senior Poster
Re: This Ford needs Sugery!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »
 :dance: Thanks for all the good wishes all! d_b

I actually got home a few hours ago, but i was still sort of woo, from the anestieaia..   Didnt think it was a good idea to get online then.. Now that i'm better and "normal" im back!

It went very well indeed, we actually were able to get into the operating room a half hour earlier then we were suppoest to. So that was great!

I actually fell asleep in the room before they attached the anestieaia to me. LOL.  They had to wake me up and then put it on me so i could fall back asleep and not wake up mid surgery.. that would be very bad :undecided:

I dont yet know what it looks like because they put a cover over it, it is hard cover with padding inside, this is to protect it from being bumped and moved. (the screw)  Tomorrow when i wake up i'm allowed to take it off..

Any questions about it im still able to answer, just shoot me a PM or reply here. both work.

I have to wait 3 months before i get the actuall unit installed. This is because they actually did take and screw it into my skull. So it will take time for the bone to grow around and keep it in place. The last thing we want is for it to be bumped and fall out.. That would be enourmus pain and i'd have to be rushed to the emerngcey room.  :bang:

I am now.... Bionic Ford!!!

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 02:36:44 PM »

Cool!

My next door neighbor had the same surgery/device.  She was deaf from birth, so had never had hearing.  She found it very distracting, since I guess her brain was never wired for sound.  Apparently for her it would take a long time to learn to hear - it was like all she could hear was static.   Not because the device produced static, but because her brain just couldn't interpret the signals.  She would take it off for long periods, and I think she's actually given up using it altogether. 

Of course you wouldn't have that problem since you've had hearing in the other ear.   

Did they test it out at all?  Or are they going to before the 3 months are up?

Offline Ford

• Senior Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 02:45:55 PM »
Yesh, for my im actually a great person to reciveve this.. When they did a demo on me they had the unit on a headset and then they shut a 3 inch oak door,put padding under it, walked around the corner, down the hall, and i....heard....every....word....  i was so happy! :toot: :toot:

This will be great for me bacuse i can listen to the TV at lower sounds. And wont have to have the surround sound on 33... lol...   I can set the unit when i get it for, public places/quiet rooms/and others.

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 02:56:50 PM »
  Yeah, i can finally figure out where three60 is with that blasted chain gun!!! i will getcha back!! :cop:

I'll be circling you, matey!  :P

And now Ford the super-hearing!!!

(P.S. for a word being clicky use this:
Code: [Select]
[url=www.bfmracing.net]click here for bfmracing!![/url]
click here for bfmracing!!

Where obvious you don't have to use BFM's homepage all the time.
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 03:19:57 PM »
I had a tube inserted into my ear.  Not as serious as what you went through, but I had surgery there.  Had a lot of fluid in the inner ear that wasn't draining, so they put a small tube through my ear drum and that let air in and fluid out.  Though that was about 6 years ago.  Couldn't hear a thing out of my right ear, and now I can hear almost perfectly.  Although kids these days and their loud music blaring, makes it hard for me to be perfect.

Good to see you pull through!  Now when are you gonna get super strength and speed? ::)
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Ford

• Senior Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
Yeah, i've gone through about... 4 sets of tubes. They just fall outta me. lol

Superstrength.. not yet... Superspeed.... i thought i had that already  :doh:  haha

Offline D3ad-Eye

• Junior Poster
  • Woot Ninja Star(Thanks for the avatar Miserabilis)
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 03:56:14 PM »
glad the surgery went well man

(Thanks for the Sig Arya)

(Thanks for the sig Bowler)

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 07:56:58 PM »
w00t glad it worked well ;D   :yesyes:

Offline Ford

• Senior Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »
Thanks everybody!!   :love:

Still in a little bit of pain.. :-X

its alllll fun and games till we put a screw in fords head :doh: :love:

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 06:44:36 AM »
I'm glad it all worked out for ya FORD!  :yesyes:

Offline count

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 04:09:41 PM »
 hope the doctor didn't not take the ford out of you like someone to the :Dracula: out of me
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:12:55 PM by bfm_count »

Offline BFM_Noddu

• BFM Admin
  • An apple a day, keeps red team's rockets at bay.
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 04:29:59 PM »
It sounds painful, but I'm guessing a brave guy like you stares pain in the face and says "Get out of my face pain!" and lets out a manly roar.

I say threee cheers for Ford.

Hip, hip, hooray,
Hip, hip, hooray,
Hip... how many is thre... I swear I've done four.

Oh well, Noddu xxx
Make way for Noddu. Lest he nods his head... in disapproval.

Print