Print 

Author Topic: Which Game Next??  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Spidey

• Posts Too Much
Which Game Next??
« on: June 03, 2009, 04:06:27 AM »
I have a number of games which I got when I bought my consoles, I have no idea what they are about. I'm kind of weird in the fact where I have to Want to play a game rather than just stick it in and sit down. So can I hear your opinions on these games, as I have no idea what they are about... The games I have are:-

• Mass Effect (Xbox360)
  • Too Human (Xbox 360)
  • Gears of War 1+2 (Xbox360)
  • Call of Duty 3 + 5 (Xbox360)
  • Timeshift (Xbox360)
  • Little Big Planet (PS3)
  • Haze (PS3)
  • Motorstorm (PS3)

Any opinions and ratings/reviews would be great.#

Applied for BFM - 12th March 2007
Recieved Vent Access - 2nd May 2007
Recieved Little Tags - 11th May 2007
Recieved Big Tags - 14th June 2007
Promoted to Corporal - 5th June 2008
Stepped down from Promotion - 24th December 2008

Offline FÁTÈ

• Junior Poster
  • Don't tempt me
    • I am watching you.
Re: Which Game Next??
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:23:39 AM »
The only on eI have played is Gears of War. If you like halo( I assume you do  ::) ) then I believe you will really enjoy it. The rest I know nothing about.
A big thanks to Miser for this awesome sig

Click my eggs to help them hatch         

Offline Haunted

• Posts Too Much
    • ummm..
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »
played motorstorm a few times round my cousins house  :P

was fun  ;D

;D by me ;D

;D Thanks Hlao! ;D

;D Thanks Spood! ;D

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:30:52 AM »
COD, Gears, both are very good. 
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline powergamer

• Junior Poster
  • I'm always here for you
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:50:37 AM »
Both Mass Effect and Too Human are RPGs.

Now, both differ quite a bit from each other, but they are necessarily games that you run and gun to get through.

Too Human is a game where you pick a pre-game class to play through the entire campaign. Some specialize in guns, others in melee, others in support, but game is like this. If you've ever played Diablo, you'll be right at home with this one. You get armor, guns, weapons, and pretty much every thing from the kills of enemies, so in short, it's a loot game.  It does have a co-op feature, so it can be played locally or over XBL with a friend, which IMO makes it much more fun.

Mass Effect is alot more open ended, making it a very diverse game. You choose, again, between a pre-game class. There are many classes in this game, one being heavy in the gun area, another with lasers and mindish powers. Alot of the game is based on decision making, and the action follows shortly after.

Gears of War 1 & 2 are both really great games. When I first played this, I really couldn't believe how dynamic the game was. You can actually take cover behind walls, you have decent AI, though the weapon number maybe be a bit lower in comparison to Halo, the game is great. I would suggest playing this first if you want a jump right in shooter.

Call of Duty 3+ 5 are pretty much just basic, WWII games, however, WaW does take a different route. WaW covers alot of the fighting in the jungles, and fighting against the Japanese, which is rather new, in a WWII game. The multiplayer is fun, and there are other modes such as the Zombies Survival, and Co-op campaign. If you've played previous CoD games, you'll have a good time with these.

Print