Print 

Author Topic: What would you have done?  (Read 1037 times)

Offline BFM_Donut

• BFM Admin
    • Carp Without Cars
What would you have done?
« on: June 28, 2009, 07:03:41 PM »
So, I'm working on making my behavior as squeaky-clean and rules-compliant as I can during my PR period. I was just in Blood Gulch in a race with several BFM/bfm's on, was killed needing the nav on the ledge by the cave, spawned at the red base with no hogs present, so I proceeded on foot. I took the teleporter, and as I was heading for the ledge to the nav, a couple of enemy hogs drove by. I was trying to do my "nice guy rules" thing, so I didn't nade them, but just danced out of the way. But one of them, driven by a non-BFM, spun around and came back and chased me down.

Sigh. I did not whine about it. No one likes a whiner, right? I did "Sigh", though.

So, I spawned back at the red base. Still no hogs. I jogged back, through the teleporter, approaching the ledge, and another enemy (with a solo driver) drove by. I decided to forget about the "nice guy" thing, and naded him. He died, and as I was running to his hog (which I ended up not taking, because a teammate stopped to pick me up before I reached it), the guy I naded commented, "Nice camp, Pvt."

So here's my actual question for the officers: Which is a more squeaky-clean, man-we-GOTTA-give-that-guy-vent response:

* Just keep playing, and don't say anything.
* Make a brief, non-argumentative response. (Which is what I did. I just said, "Wasn't")
* Make a more-detailed response laying out why it wasn't a camp.
* Something else.

In the meantime, I'm still thinking maybe the best thing for me to do is to just keep playing nice-guy style, and don't even nade him in the first place. I'll end up spending more time on foot and get fewer laps as a result, but at least I'll avoid getting sucked into people accusing me of camping, and making me feel like I either need to respond (which is lame, since no one wants to listen to people argue) or risk being thought a camper by my evaluators (which is lame in a different way).

Grateful for any opinions you experienced types would be willing to share. Thanks.

Pvt Donut

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
Re: What would you have done?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 07:28:40 PM »
Im not sure about what you mean about the nice guy approach. If your saying you dont have a hog and you wont nade a lone hog to be nice then I would say I wouldnt do that. If you need a hog then nade one.

Ok as far as being accused in your position. Honestly I would just keep playing and not worry about it. If you wish to say something you could say something like, I had no hog so had to nade and move on. Probably better to say nothing at all and keep playing. You know you were in the right so no need to prove yourself right.

Offline BFM_Donut

• BFM Admin
    • Carp Without Cars
Re: What would you have done?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 07:37:26 AM »
Im not sure about what you mean about the nice guy approach.

I was referring to what I was talking about in this thread:

http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php?topic=32922.0

Thanks for the clarification.

Pvt Donut

Print