Print 

Author Topic: a question on why thread would be deleted?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline tootrue

• Newbie Poster
a question on why thread would be deleted?
« on: August 06, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »
I made a thread earlier today in the ask officers section around 5:15 on the bfm thread info. I also made a comment back to widget on a thread he had started. I left the house for maybe 30 mins came back and went to see if there were any answers to my question about a rule and not only was my thread gone but also my reply to widget was gone. I Just wanted to know seeing no other post i have made were deleted. Is there a reason why? I checked private messages and no one sent me a reason. All i want to know is what exactly did i do to have a question unanswered and my post deleted. Hope for a response to this matter. Have a good night.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 06:42:02 PM by tootrue »

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: a question on why thread would be deleted?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 06:41:37 PM »

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline tootrue

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 06:58:27 PM »
thank you booya for the fast response.
so ill reask my question then. earlier today i was racing with BFM_Edison we were on sidewinder and i was getting my second nav. at that time i saw a hog coming across bridge i naded it the hog flipped off of cliff. at that time i jumped down (and before ask no i didnt nade or shoot as i was jumping down). when i hit the ground Edison killed me. i respawned got in hog and went on toward my next nav. at that time edison said i wasnt allowed to chase kill and i responded with i was trying to hog jack. he once again said it was a chase kill if hog flips i must move on not come for the hog. i said one more time i was just hog jacking and he kept saying it was trying to chase. since he just kept saying it was chasing i just said you just wanting to call me out for what reason i dont know ill just leave and left made the first post that went down with the forum. well i have read over the rules very well and in rule
6.13 it states •On Sidewinder, if you blast a hog off the cliff, and the occupants have died, you must go down to get the hog to drive. If any of the former occupants are alive, you have the option to continue trying to hijack the hog (but be sure not to fire or throw grenades until you are at hog level).
i was under th assumption that im allowed to jump down and take the hog if they were alive according to this rule.
i just posted this to get replies from other admin seeing i read thru the rules on sevral accasions to make sure im not in the wrong in anyway it seems that the rules change according to certain admins at different times. i hope for a response and cant wait for more games to come cya soon.

Offline Rypto

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:06:09 PM »
Hey tootrue,

For the Sidewinder stituation, there is a different rule that comes into play for the guests than the BFMs. For all BFM admins, they are not allowed to jump down until all of the former occupants are dead. But for guests, there is another rule that says that you don't have to wait until all the former occupants are dead before jumping down and fighting for the hog. As you might tell, these two rules are quite easy to get mixed up. If the situation you explained was correct, you did well to come post here rather than carrying out an argument in game. Our admins have so many rules to know - a set for guests and a set for themselves when scrimming. We try our best to admin the servers, but after all, we are all human and we can all make mistakes once in a while. I am glad you came here to ask your question.

Print