Print 

Author Topic: BFM_Chaindog IS FREED! (continuation)  (Read 4967 times)

Offline Elmo (One and Only)

• Junior Poster
Re: Where is that snazzy dude, BFM_Chaindog?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 03:18:24 PM »
I was thinking about you the other day.  My clown Cowboy is over on the DMZ listening to the ramblings of that areas lunatic....  Seems whenever I think of him, I end up thinking of you...  both of you around when I started, both left at about the same time I guess....

I am sorry to hear about your troubles, and of those of your family.  Keep your head up, and in-line with the breeze. (unless you hear strange things.. then duck......).

Peace.

Offline AR~Archon

• Senior Poster
  • No surrender, no retreat
    • MacFire (Xfire for Mac)
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »
:'(  So sad to hear your story.  The loss of the baby is so tragic.  I trust your and her physical injuries will repair with time.  Just try to keep your spirits up in the mean time.  We're here if you need us.  :)
The minstrel boy to the war has gone...
Understanding is a three edged sword.  Your side, their side, and the truth.
Who are you?  What do you want?  Why are you here?  Where are you going?

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 10:44:42 PM »
I was thinking about you the other day.  My clown Cowboy is over on the DMZ listening to the ramblings of that areas lunatic....  Seems whenever I think of him, I end up thinking of you...  both of you around when I started, both left at about the same time I guess....

Peace.
    I'd actually be more worried for Cowboy than any of us left in the Middle East.  After paying close attention to Kim Jung Il since my second and last tour of duty in South Korea back in '98, I've watched both his posturing and loss of health closely.  Lol, military situations only lightly touch upon politics herein, because the North is a military government, not really political (hence this isn't really about politics).

For those youngsters who don't know, North Korea does the posturing not because they care about the rest of us, but so that they can take our reply back to their citizens and continue the claim that the US and the rest of the world is still after their "Mighty Country" who "continues to prevail against the Imperialists" who are also "trying to destroy us".  It is a tactic called propaganda, which allows the communist and dynastic leaders to force control against it's own people.  They prevent 97% of contact with the outside world, with 1% for rare allowances and diplomatic blustering.   :toughguy:

As for Kim Jung Il's health, he most likely will be dead before the end of this year, having lived a short but prosperous (for him personally) life.  But while the world and Halo players tap their collective fingers, Kim Jung Il isn't going to wait for that to happen.  He is trying what worked to keep him as the ruler when his father died.  All of the propaganda and militant words are all for his people to believe that both their ruler and his Chosen Heir pass the torch to a winner, not a chump.  Recent threats to increase their nuclear weapon 'deterrents', threats of preemptive attack against the South or to completely wipe out the US of A if we continue to interfere in the peninsula, finally show just how worried Kim Jung Il and his party leaders are of his death.  The most current of his actions was to send a large cargo ship towards Myanmar knowing that there are U.N. sanctions against their shipping weapons or fissile materials, resulted in American naval vessels following that same cargo ship along it's varied course to exactly where we thought it would go (Myanmar). 

North Korea was hoping that the Americans would do the stupid (U.N.-sanctioned smart) thing and board their vessel to search it.  Instead, our government and military did the right thing and waited per U.N. mandate for it to attempt to dock at a port they can legally search it at (Myanmar is one).  When they came to dock at Myanmar, because the U.N. had reminded that country of what could occur, they absolutely refused the ship docking rights "IF they are carrying weapons or fissile materials".  Guess what, the ship didn't dock or argue, it turned right back around and headed towards home.  We'll see on this one.  Kim Jung Il was hoping we'd board it so that he could declare to his brainwashed MILLIONS of military-trained citizens that it was an act of war and let them invade the South in one last blast before the Chosen One takes power.  Halo Wars it would not be, though the battles might look similar from a satellite! 

So yes, I'd be more worried about Cowboy, since all I have to deal with is terrorists and lots of people from such supporting countries.  He has the current #1 psychotic fear-monger in the world shaking his nukes around.  NK has one of the world's largest Active Reserve militaries, not to mention a few million current Active Duty forces, with almost a third of that Special Forces.  But wow do I miss my days spent in South Korea.   :neckbeard:

"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 11:13:35 PM »
Personal update:      I've come back to the States to both help take care of my sister's hospital and therapy visits, her kids, and LOTS of chiropractic and medical therapy for myself. 

Apparently the accident actually made my spine straighter than it was before.  At least according to my Veterans Administration doctor here (not my usual VA doc in Texas).  The pains and migraines I continue to receive as a result of the injuries, has actually increased and we think it may be due to the intense muscle spasms and nervous arm shakes that won't go away.  I've been given one of the two strongest medications for pain that they can give (no driving AT ALL lol), and I've been afraid to take them because of the worse disability of feeling like a vegetable and being unable to drive.  My mind is my personal playground, and has kept me within some semblance of Chaindog sanity, especially if I ever get to game online.  So I've been sticking to one of the lesser pain meds originally given to me in the Middle East until I can get a second opinion using both sets of similar tests. 

The stronger med is said to become addictive to it's users, and which the FDA is now claiming to want to ban because it contains acetamenophine (sp?).  It'd be hilarious if the FDA isn't also trying to reduce the effectiveness of many current over-the-counter medications for adults and children.  The good thing is that they want to put a black box on the medicine box warning about liver or bladder disease caused by too much of that ingredient.  Let the users decide.  Also if I do take the stronger med, I will be almost unable to do my job in the Middle East.  If I don't, I risk further damage to my nervous system because of the frequent spasms and neck/head pains.  Que sera sera.  At least between shuttling my sister to her hospital and therapy visits I got the chance to login.  *sighs*  Now I get to go back to the Sandbox on the 3rd.  Heh, I actually saw a copy of Halo PC for sale in a shop and some kid grabbed it and ran off somewhere.  It may be he thought it was Halo 3 for the Xbox, lol!   :P
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 01:44:42 AM »
Acetamenophine (sp?) like the active ingredient in Tylenol? Hmm. Anyway, hope you get something worked out, it's no good dealing with pain constantly, and I hope your sister feels better soon too.

Thanks for the update Cd! Good to know you're still out and about, even if it is with a too-straight back. Get well soon and have a nice (long) flight back!

Offline Racr

• Regular Poster
  • I iz smart.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »
Glad to see you're still up and kickin', Chaindog.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:12:24 PM by -JR- Racr »

Thanks to Manticore for that!

Thank you BFM_Arya for those!!

Offline Marine»

• Regular Poster
  • support our troops!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 06:16:02 PM »
what happneneed to u?? and also are u in the army??

Offline Marine»

• Regular Poster
  • support our troops!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »
where u shot in the line of duty? sry to hear about ur sis thopefully u'll be better by the time my computer will brake down lol cuz it has problems with it but we are getting a new when it does hope u don't have to go into the war

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 04:55:20 AM »
where u shot in the line of duty? sry to hear about ur sis thopefully u'll be better by the time my computer will brake down lol cuz it has problems with it but we are getting a new when it does hope u don't have to go into the war

Marine, read the start of the thread, it explains it all  :)

Tylenol.. yes... liver damage... yes....  I have first hand knowledge of this.  A monster toothache in the jawbone that doctors / dentists argued over whether it was sinus or tooth, which left me suffering going back and forth between the two for weeks.

I took a lot of Extra Strength Tylenol to be able to go to work and function.  Even though I spaced them out as best I could, I did sustain liver damage because of it.  Thankfully, it does repair itself given time.

So do be careful.

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
CHAINDOG IS FREED!!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »
The Dawg has spent the majority of his time after flying back to the Big Sandbox, tucked away yet again in the back corners of a local Middle East hospital.  Semi-abandoned by The Company as a splash of cold Nickelodeon ooze in their money-grubbing faces, intentionally kept without inet access (supposedly per hospital policy tho couldn't confirm it cuz I don't speak Arabic...), and going nuts without lots of reading materials (thankfully I have some few friends who haven't left this company), BFM_Chaindog slowly gained weight as he was zapped, poked, slapped, and other odd things until eventually either the hookum medicinal treatments worked or Nature took pity and enacted some relief enough for the body to do it on it's own. 

By all means, lock me in a cell for weeks on end, just don't take away my reading materials!  I've learned to cope without my internet just being over here for so long, my mind just can't take the arguing echoing around inside as the multiple-Chaindogs get bored!!  At least I got to read during visits and when the walking sofa chair (hefty 'covered nurse') wasn't looking an occasionally hidden novel.    :eek:

CHAINDOG IS FREED!!

So the real Dawg gets to go back to his same unsecured off-base villa, and realizes that no one ever came to clean/dust the place the entire time he was gone.  The admin turned off the A/C, so many of his electronics were in sad condition.  Most computer components were caked in dust, some over 1 1/2 inches high, to include a fried monitor, exploded power strip that the fridge was plugged into (wonder why it didn't set the place on fire...?), fried power convertor that my security camera was connected to (may have been intentional...), melted cables going into my new desktop computer from another fried PC power strip (thankfully I had my g/f disconnect it from anything before I went in), an IN-OP stereo system that powers on but powers nothing, and some seriously nasty smells from spoiled foods.   :P

Soooooooo, after deciding to just grab a hose and spray the whole room down for disinfecting (removed electronics for separate cleaning of course!), it has taken three days to clean all ant-laden clothing/linens.  My new desktop will require some specialized cleaning since they are all-new components for my Core i7 gaming box, and I don't have any of the tools needed to carefully do this yet.  Another danged delay!!!!   :bang:  Strangely enough, my 2004-aged eMachines Athlon XP desktop is still plugged in and going strong dust'n'all!  It won't play heady games, but once I figure out where I was with my multiple hard drives re-organization I should be able to find my original virtual drive copy of Halo PC.  More later on The Company, though it looks like I'll still be here for awhile.   :clint:

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: BFM_Chaindog IS FREED! (continuation)
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 10:23:59 PM »

Thx for the update, Chain!

Great to hear that you're still kickin' (so to speak!) (Although you always make me grimace while I read your updates since - and including - "The Event....")

Keep on Keepin' on, man!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Fender

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 06:23:01 AM »
Wow, you've taken quite a beating, Chaindog! I'm very sorry to hear about your sister, that is very tragic. I hope the both of you continue to mend quickly. At least it seems that you've managed to keep your spirits up, along with some semblance of sanity!

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 09:12:35 AM »
Ugg, sorry to hear about your personal belongings, that wouldn't be pleasant to come home to. But I'm really glad you're home FREED!

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2009, 09:29:21 AM »
Woof! Growl Bark bark BARK bark bark! Woof Woof howl.  :mike:

Bark woof growl growl sniff sniff growl bark woof. Woof Woof Bark,  :P :love: Bark bark woof.

Woof bark woof howl BARK. WOOF!

-Translated:

My old BFM bro! If i could shake your hand for all the effort and times youve been involved in since youve been out there! Im really sorry to hear about your sister too! :mike:

As you can see, im still around. Life has picked back up so presence is irregular in the virtual world these days besides the forums. Nrvend reminded me the other day actually, guess who's now officially the longest running BFM clan member besides the boss? I deserve a medal for putting up with u mad Americans for so many years... :P  :love: So i go make my first peanut butter and jam sarny the other day, t' see what all the rave is about... What did i think of it you ask?
Well, i went back into the kitchen and made another... But now yall telling me to go and put cheese on it?! Thats worse than putting pepper on my Strawberries and cream!

Glad to see y' still live n kickin bro. Take care mate and hope to hear from you again soon!

Print