Print 

Author Topic: Gunning your own hog cont 2.  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Stone_Cold

• Newbie Poster
Gunning your own hog cont 2.
« on: July 28, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »
Since we can't add to another topic in this forum, I'd like to inquire further...

The answers that I am reading do make sense, however I still have a concern about shooting in the back of a hog to defend your self.  Let's say by some Miracle, the planets are aligned correctly, the lone driver/gunner was able to kill both occupants’ of the hog behind him, (Both Low on health).  The vehicle or vehicles behind that one are enemies as well, with a driver and a gunner (could be two or three depending on players).  Theoretically if the hogs are shooting at him he can shoot back.  Is this legal to do because if you use the I am in immediate danger rule he can, but in this situation he is always going to be in danger, so if this is considered camping would his camping be authorized, obviously the lone driver/ gunner would not survive for very long. 

Another example would be the same situation except the vehicle passes him, if the lone driver/gunner is still under attack theoretically he can still shoot back.  Just for the sake of agreement, let’s say the map is Gephyrophobia.  If this situation happens on the bottom level there is a long straightaway on the bottom of the map with a little dip in the middle, if he can still see him and he is shooting at him then theoretically he could shoot back at him for a while on the bottom.  With this in mind this could lead back to the first situation too as well. 

My question is at what point, would we call this camping v.s. defending yourself. 
And thats the Bottom line, cus BFM said so

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Gunning your own hog cont 2.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
Well first off it is simply not true that someone will always be in immediate danger, that simply is not going to happen.  That is the exact argument though that I would expect to hear from a player that was looking for an excuse to camp.  I am not saying that is what you are doing but an honest racer is not going to obsess over such minor details to find out whether or not a few extra seconds on the gun is legal.  They will only spend as much time on that gun as they need to so they can get back to racing.  As for the dishonest racers, they will prove themselves over time for who they are by always being on the gun too long and, when warned, will make all those arguments and try to cite some loopholes to justify it.  For racers who are new to race and don't have a good grasp of how much of a threat is enough then they should simply listen to the warnings of the admins and over time they will get it.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Stone_Cold

• Newbie Poster
Re: Gunning your own hog cont 2.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 01:22:40 PM »
Thanks BFM I found my answer in the rules according to the rules:

6.12 Don't gun from the back of a driverless hog, except when you are under attack. Even then, you may only empty your rocket magazine, or shoot with a machine gun for no longer than three seconds, after which you must exit the gunner's turret.

Makes it very clear that you must empty your rocket launcher or only fire from the machine gun for three seconds, anything after this would be considered camping.  Thanks. 
And thats the Bottom line, cus BFM said so

Print