Print 

Author Topic: Martial arts  (Read 2919 times)

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
Re: Martial arts
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 05:47:08 AM »
He'd probably have used the moves he refused to teach you, on you. :P

Offline Forseti

• Junior Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 09:22:43 AM »
I am a toxophilite.

Really? I used to be years ago. The MythBusters are wrong btw. You can definitely split your own arrow. I have personally done it on 3 separate occasions at 25-30 yards each time.

Offline Filla

• Senior Poster
    • A Racing video I made.
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 09:26:26 AM »
Your not hurt or anything are you lol

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 11:11:26 PM »
Yup, I have knocked my nock off a few times,
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »
I started Ninjutsu about 2 months ago. It's a really good after-school activity to do. It keeps you fit and gets your reaction time up!

Yesterday I went into town and got a Bō (long, wooden staff about 2 meters high, for training)

No one will steal my hog now! :toughguy:

Offline Thud

• Posts Too Much
  • Yes I am twice the racer Elvis and Nerv are.
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 02:01:29 AM »
Stupid cats
[img]http://users.adam.com.au/davidald/bfmbfmthud.jpg[img]

Offline Luupää

• Posts Too Much
  • The master of disaster
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 05:02:54 AM »
Thud you spammer. This thread is 6 months old!

Sig made by me.

Offline 6

• Newbie Poster
  • love and peace!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 12:58:06 AM »
I find chinese martial arts fascinating and the most fun to watch (Booyah I'd like to hear more about Wing Chun), but feel that arts like those are too specific for my taste personaly.  They can be excellent if you want a more aesthetic approach, but I much prefer the practical aplications of a more well rounded style like Jeet Kun Do - which is pretty much incorporating whatever works best for you from as many styles as possible to maximaze your skills.  Bruce Lee's philosophies have helped me become who I am today and can be applied to daily life as well as fighting.  I've only been training for a few years and I have a long way too go, but have come a long, long way since I started.

Recently I started practicing Tai Chi and Qi kung as well.  I meditate regularly and find these are especialy nice ways to focus all the chi I've been cultivating all these years.  Jeet Kun do is great if you need to beat someone up or defend yoursel, but I really enjoy Tai Chi as a passive way to enhace the flow of chi thouought my body.  If any one is interested in chi or anything related please respond.  I too could go on for hours about this - it's really changed my life in a good way. :)
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 01:05:08 AM »
Well seeing as this thread looks to be up and running again I may as well post.

I did martial arts for two lessons. It was a mix of all them, based around a Korean one. We did boxing, wrestling and knife defence while I was there. My parents forced me into it, so when I used up the two free lessons I didn't go back. Didn't enjoy it much.

Offline §U}Death

• Newbie Poster
  • Sleepy
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 05:24:10 AM »
I know some military moves, most martial arts require 'extremely precise' attacks, IMO, why bother? a solid hit to the offending parties nose with an open fist, (if your in extreme danger ONLY) and there....either dead or knocked out cold for a fair while, REPEAT use only in periods of extreme danger to your or your loved ones.
another one is a solid blow to the base of the neck (at the back).
if you jsut want to knock someone down and leave them gasping for air for 2 minutes...enough time to run away, hit them just below the indented bone in the chest.

i learnt these from my brother and sister both of whom are currently in the army, and they are deadset serious moves, i am not in any way encouraging that someone use these moves unless your life or others are in danger.

Print