Print 

Author Topic: here is my real first sig :D  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Marine»

• Regular Poster
  • support our troops!!!
here is my real first sig :D
« on: October 06, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »
here it is what do u think

Offline Fallout

• Newbie Poster
  • PR_nhh is alsome
Re: here is my real first sig :D
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 05:28:11 PM »
nice marine :drool: :chief: :victory: :roflol: :roflol: :thumbsup: :rotflmboOMG: :giggle:
thanks lucky u are lucky[img width=431 heigh]http://

[img width=440 height=111]

Offline McSkittles

• Senior Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »
To be honest, it just looks like you copied and pasted the same pic over and over. The pic is also blurry. If you have Xfire, add some of the sig makers you see around, and ask them for help if needbe, especially when it comes to creating a backround for the first time :keke:

^^ Done by me(freshly updated :))

^^ Done by SPiDEY

^^ Big thanks to bl!Tz'

Offline Marine»

• Regular Poster
  • support our troops!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 02:50:28 PM »
To be honest, it just looks like you copied and pasted the same pic over and over. The pic is also blurry. If you have Xfire, add some of the sig makers you see around, and ask them for help if needbe, especially when it comes to creating a backround for the first time :keke:
i used an ilusion and and made it blur :XD: plus my xfire fire account wont add anyone i think it is broke

Offline Arya

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 05:55:12 PM »

-nods-

i used an ilusion and and made it blur :XD: plus my xfire fire account wont add anyone i think it is broke

Well, even if it is an illusion, it really does make the sig look neater if its not blurry :)

Four helpful tips:

1) ALWAYS save your sig as *.xcf right after you get the size right (i suggest starting with a big white chunk of nothing and cropping it to the right size), and throughout the sig making process, push 'Ctrl+S' to save the progress. I don't know how many times I've had to start over because GIMP has closed.
    AFTER you're done; save the *.xcf file again for editing purposes. Then save the sig as *.png, when asked to "Merge Visible Layers" or to "Flatten the Image", choose to flatten the image. It gives a better quality and merging might take away some layer effects. ;)

2) Download some GIMP brushes for making the backgrounds (i use mostly Obsidian Dawn brushes) and experiment around with some of the tools.

3) You don't always have to use a halo spartan for the render, since cool ones are hard to find. :P
   Most people use images of their favorite TV show, sport, band, and song (with lyrics). I use my name for inspiration. Arya is a name from the Inheritance Cycle, she's an elven princess helping Eragon as he tries to overcome Galbatorix.. yada yada. :P I then incorporate my favorite colors: blue, green, brown, earthy colors :D
   So for a render example, in one of my recent sigs, I took a drawing of an elf fairy type thing ( :P), enhanced it, and traced near close around it with a soft brush to get the blending out effect. But.. if you want a more "clean" looking sig, I suggest you use the lasso, or free selection tool and trace around the image. Don't go too fast though, because the most irritating thing is when people don't take the time to trace carefully around the image and end up with a boxy looking render with corners that shouldn't be there. :XD: You can click at each corner if you dont feel like restarting when you make a mistake tracing 'cause your finger gets tired  ::)

4) It really depends on my mood on to how the sig comes out; dark, bright, suttle, loud, simple, crazy, or energetic. Say, I'm listening to my twilight saga audio book, I'll probably use my twilight renders and make a twilight sig, incorporating just one quote, names, and the colors gold, red, dark blue, and black. I might even put a full/new moon in there somewhere. Just depends on what I feel like making.

Hope these helped! ;D

-BFM_ARYA
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:00:58 PM by BFM_Arya »

Credit: Inferno
--------------------------------------
Recruitment Status-
Applied for recruitment- December 11, '08
Vent access- February 15, '09
Earned small tags (bfm_): May 3, '09
Earned BIG tags (BFM_): August 9, '09
Gained CORPORAL rank: December 5, '09
Left BFM: February 13, '10

--------------------------------------

Offline Moosh

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 06:11:21 PM »
Your best so far in my opinion, so well done in that respect.

I don't know much of anything about gimp, (which u use i think?) But i'd really suggest just finding some tutorials and following them for a bit instead of trying to figure it out urself through trial and error..

Print